AMCAS 2016 goes live today!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LJN Ltd.

Membership Revoked
Removed
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Who else is excited??

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
I'm actually sooo excited, it's kind of weird, I didn't expect to be excited.
What time does it open?

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Not me. Reapplying = :barf:I just hope I get off some waitlists so I don't have to go through this entire process again...ugh. Also, after the amcas goes live you're still going to be waiting a month for schools to receive your app if it's anything like last year, so you can get secondary applications and wait even longer.

Medical school admissions is just hurrying up to wait over and over again at an airport with the most insane delays ever. It's one of the longest and most unnecessarily drawn-out processes ever.

Last edited:
Reactions: 14 users
I'm actually sooo excited, it's kind of weird, I didn't expect to be excited.
What time does it open?
Early in the morning, well before noon

Reactions: 1 user
Not me. Reapplying = :barf:I just hope I get off some waitlists so I don't have to go through this entire process again...ugh
Is it fine if someone were to just copy/paste secondaries from 1st time applying and use the same personal statement?

Is it fine if someone were to just copy/paste secondaries from 1st time applying and use the same personal statement?
It would be fine, but an acceptance would also not be expected. That kind of poor effort shouldn't be rewarded.

It would be fine, but an acceptance would also not be expected. That kind of poor effort shouldn't be rewarded.

"poor effort"? In a reasonable world, if they're already good there's no reason to fix what isn't broken. During reapp feedback I talked to a school who expected me to change everything and their logic was loony. Expecting us to change our reasons for pursuing medicine in the span of one year is just silly, but yea it's necessary, tragically.

I wish. Medical school admissions expects reapplicants to reinvent themselves every time. The logic is ridiculous, it's like they expect us to develop a new identity every time we apply. Also when's the last time you've seen a medical school change their mission statement (99% of mission statements are just rewords of each other) or their tours or anything?:rolleyes: Plenty of reapplicants I talked can testify the med schools don't change much of anything.

Reactions: 2 users
Honestly just the thought of filling out this application again and going through this process makes me exhausted beyond belief.

Last edited:
"poor effort"? In a reasonable world, if they're already good there's no reason to fix what isn't broken. During reapp feedback I talked to a school who expected me to change everything and their logic was loony. Expecting us to change our reasons for pursuing medicine in the span of one year is just silly, but yea it's necessary, tragically.

I wish. Medical school admissions expects reapplicants to reinvent themselves every time. The logic is ridiculous, it's like they expect us to have dissociative identity disorder every time we apply.
Nope. If you didn't get in, your application is broken (in some way, shape, or form). lol. Don't be a deadbeat. In a reasonable world, you app would be good enough to get in the first time around.

The point is not that one need to disregard your old application and respin everything in a new way. That's a significant distortion. But not making any effort and simply copy and pasting the old material? One should at least try to do a little bit of reflection and attempt to improve the application in any way possible. If schools rejected your application in one form, what makes you think that regurgitating the exact same application will achieve more success? It's a poor effort.

Nope. If you didn't get in, your application is broken (in some way, shape, or form). lol. Don't be a deadbeat. In a reasonable world, you app would be good enough to get in the first time around.

The point is not that one need to disregard your old application and respin everything in a new way. That's a significant distortion. But not making any effort and simply copy and pasting the old material? One should at least try to do a little bit of reflection and attempt to improve the application in any way possible. If schools rejected your application in one form, what makes you think that regurgitating the exact same application will achieve more success? It's a poor effort.

LOL, Fixing yourself on paper is hardly always the issue, broken interview skills or a bad mcat can refute your post entirely (those are the people who get cut post interview). Assuming that the personal statement and secondaries are the issues if you have feedback that shows otherwise does no justice, and just makes more work for everyone, even though medical schools want us to do that. Expecting us to change something that isn't broken when we dedicated the majority of our year towards applying is ridiculous and just gives us more work for no reason.

Not to mention with how anal retentive some adcoms not having to mess with something that isn't broken is ideal bc they'll find flaws in anything.

Even though you may find justification in this sort of business now by adcoms, just wait until this process exhausts you and you'll see exactly how frustrating and unnecessarily complicated and convoluted it is for no reason.

Last edited:
You're not wrong, but you're incomplete. That's all.
Even though you may find justification in this sort of business now by adcoms, just wait until this process exhausts you and you'll see exactly how frustrating and unnecessarily complicated and convoluted it is for no reason.
Um, let's not bring out the high horse so quickly. Anyone who's spent any time on SDN knows exactly how complicated and convoluted the process is. However, armed with that knowledge, you can either get better at it or spend time failing to do so and then b*tch about it bitterly on an anonymous forum. You ain't close to the worst of them, but the amount of people who do this is mind-blowing. Suck it up and swallow the reality. Get a move on it or your bitterness will spell the end for you, as if your retakes didn't already.

Members don't see this ad :)
In any case, back to the original subject! AMCAS 2016! w00t
Has anyone tried filling out a 2015 version of it just to see what it's like? Once I started doing so I really realized that SDN kinda exaggerated the difficulty of the primary...it's not that long..lol or maybe it's just me

You're not wrong, but you're incomplete. That's all.

Um, let's not bring out the high horse so quickly. Anyone who's spent any time on SDN knows exactly how complicated and convoluted the process is. However, armed with that knowledge, you can either get better at it or spend time failing to do so and then b*tch about it bitterly on an anonymous forum. You ain't close to the worst of them, but the amount of people who do this is mind-blowing. Suck it up and swallow the reality. Get a move on it or your bitterness will spell the end for you, as if your retakes didn't already.

lol dude, I know reality and I don't need you to tell me about it with your false dichotomies. I can still complain about how lousy the process and work my ass off. Assuming the two are mutually exclusive is stupid.

Has anyone tried filling out a 2015 version of it just to see what it's like? Once I started doing so I really realized that SDN kinda exaggerated the difficulty of the primary...it's not that long..lol or maybe it's just me
Yea I opened the 2015 application last summer and filled it out, then decided to take a gap year. I expect it will take even less time this year since I am more prepared.

lol dude, I know reality and I don't need you to tell me about it with your false dichotomies. I can still complain about how lousy the process and work my ass off. Assuming the two are mutually exclusive is stupid.
I don't expect kids like you to understand that mindset is half the battle and can often win the war. If you don't respect the process, it will be happy to respond in kind.

Let's hope you won't have to worry about that during a third cycle. Good luck; you'll need boatloads of it with that attitude.

Yea I opened the 2015 application last summer and filled it out, then decided to take a gap year. I expect it will take even less time this year since I am more prepared.
Your stuff is still saved on the 2015 app, too!

I don't expect kids like you to understand that mindset is half the battle and can often win the war. If you don't respect the process, it will be happy to respond in kind.

Let's hope you won't have to worry about that during a third cycle. Good luck; you'll need boatloads of it with that attitude.

ROFL, "when in doubt resort to condescension by implying the other person is a kid". You're hilarious with your black-and-white views of reality and infantile condescension (apt description since you talk about telling me to get off my high-horse then start referring to me as a kid). I don't need luck, especially from you. Let me know when you fix that myopic worldview you have. I can be positive about the process and still recognize that some portions of it are absolutely horrible. Good luck with your single-state view of reality, unfortunately for you people aren't machines that only exist in one state and can only see things one way. I recognize the process can be very ridiculous but at the same time I'm always going to step up and put the effort in. You know nothing, bottom-line. If I'm a kid, you have a shriveled old dude worldview devoid of understanding the dynamism people have in their world views and the way they behave.

You know nothing, bottom-line. If I'm a kid, you have a shriveled old dude worldview devoid of understanding the dynamism people have in their world views and the way they behave.
I used to be cocky, too. It's too bad that you don't know to tone down the arrogance even after one failed cycle already.

You don't need any luck? What a bold statement. Let's see where your "dynamic worldview" takes you this time around.

I used to be cocky, too. It's too bad that you don't know to tone down the arrogance even after one failed cycle already.

You don't need any luck? What a bold statement. Let's see where your "dynamic worldview" takes you this time around.

Used to? Lol, you reek of insecure arrogance from across the internet. My work isn't arrogance, it's called getting my ducks in line, while still not having a problem talking about what's wrong with the process. Censoring yourself is silly, when knowing what you're up against as does venting goes a long way. Not everyone is impressionable enough to easily internalize comments they make online and their frustrations and let it bring them down. That's just weakness and so is your totally unnecessary condescension and short-sightedness toward what i'm saying.

Last edited:

I don't usually make any comments on SDN, but this is just so ridiculously rude. I just had to. A little sensitivity would be nice! Geez... This is a grueling process for everyone, and I can't imagine what it would be like to go through it more than once. Have some sympathy and class. You are the one who sounds absolutely obnoxious and "childish."

@LSD-25 I sincerely hope you get off one of the waitlists and wish you the best! Brush off any unnecessary negativity on this thread!

And good luck to everyone applying this cycle!

Reactions: 10 users
I don't usually make any comments on SDN, but this is just so ridiculously rude. I just had to. A little sensitivity would be nice! Geez... This is a grueling process for everyone, and I can't imagine what it would be like to go through it more than once. Have some sympathy and class. You are the one who sounds absolutely obnoxious and "childish."

@LSD-25 I sincerely hope you get off one of the waitlists and wish you the best! Brush off any unnecessary negativity on this thread!

And good luck to everyone applying this cycle!

Thank you, good luck to you too. Work the hardest you can, and try and learn from every experience through this process, even though it's frustrating. If you need advice about the process shoot me a PM and I'd be happy to talk. This process has so many curveballs.

Can't believe it is beginning.

Just made another set of revisions to my personal statement at....2:00AM...
lezz do it.

Dude, all of your comments so far have been nothing but arrogant.

You never tell this to anyone. Ever. Completely disrespectful.

Reactions: 4 users
So much maturity in this thread....

You never tell this to anyone. Ever. Completely disrespectful.

Seriously, especially as a prospective doctor because NO PATIENT is going to tolerate being told that, not to mention to other applicant. We work hard enough without having to bicker with each other for no good reason. This process is hard enough without the unnecessary divisiveness.

Last edited:
Seriously, especially as a prospective doctor because NO PATIENT is going to tolerate being told that, not to mention to other applicant. We work hard enough without having to bicker with each other for no good reason. This process is hard enough without the unnecessary divisiveness.
I'd just like to say, your class has had the application open for about 2 minutes, and Burnett's law has already been enacted.

Honestly, I wish you all the best of luck! Try and stay motivated for the remainder of the year and not live every day in stress and worry.

This is a reminder to keep your discussions civil, courteous, respectful, and professional.

Best of luck on apps this year!

Very excited this morning. Didn't even have to hit snooze on my alarm. I just hopped outta bed to check this new application out. Let's do this guys!! Best of luck to everyone :)

What time should we expect it to be out?

Is it open for everyone? It's still the 2015 button for me :confused:

Am I missing something or there's no compelling reason to start filling in the application from minute one?

Will be applying this summer as well. Best of luck to everyone taking part of this long, arduous, and hopefully rewarding process!

My school's notorious for taking weeks to send transcript out.. I just want to get those out asap.

My app still says its the 2015 version... anyone else having the same problem?

I'm shooting for the 1:00PM opening

It just went live.

Pirates-Let-The-Games-Begin-Hunger-Games.jpg

Mine's open. Best of luck to all!

I was under the impression that information from the 2015 AMCAS (if you filled it out) wasn't going to be transferred over...did something change? Literally all my courses, my personal statement, and identifying info, all came up for the new 2016 app

Last edited:
I was under the impression that information from the 2015 AMCAS (if you filled it out) wasn't going to be transferred over...did something change? Literally all my courses, my personal statement, and identifying info, all came up for the new 2016 app
That's a good thing, isn't it? Less busy work for you! :)

That's a good thing, isn't it? Less busy work for you! :)

I know I was happy! Haha, I was just worried it was a glitch and going to disappear eventfully

Anyone get a rejection yet?

I feel like there should be a consolation prize. First rejection in the nation wins a free car and a thousand bucks. Something like that.
Guess we won't know until a few weeks after June 2 when apps can be submitted

Historically, if you submitted and paid for an application previously, then the information repopulates. If you fill it out but never submitted, nearly all the information needs to be re-entered. Did you apply last season?

Historically, if you submitted and paid for an application previously, then the information repopulates. If you fill it out but never submitted, nearly all the information needs to be re-entered. Did you apply last season?

That makes sense then, my app was verified but I didn't take the mcat in time so I just withdrew it and didn't finish applying.

Yup I filled out 2015 just for fun to see the app and none of it transferred over to 2016.