AMCAS 2016 goes live today!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Yup I filled out 2015 just for fun to see the app and none of it transferred over to 2016.
I hope you didn't enter the entire transcript. Doing that even once is soooo tedious.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
I think the new AACOMAS (for those also applying DO) is supposed to have a new option where you pay a bit extra and they just enter the grades for you haha

Reactions: 1 user
Just to clarify, we can send in our transcripts now right?

Members don't see this ad :)
Just to clarify, we can send in our transcripts now right?
Yes, would advise using the attachment they give you in AMCAS when you start your application.

I think the new AACOMAS (for those also applying DO) is supposed to have a new option where you pay a bit extra and they just enter the grades for you haha
I heard that the dental school application service offered this last cycle. It sounds good in theory, but I'd wonder how much lag time there could be...especially if a lot of people decide to use the service.

Good luck folks! Remember to enjoy the holiday once you hit submit (and NEVER go back and look at your personal statement for typos... it's in and can't be changed)

url.jpg

HAPPY CINCO DE DRINKO!

Reactions: 4 users
I hope you didn't enter the entire transcript. Doing that even once is soooo tedious.

uh

I may...have...done that...when work was...really slow...one day............

:nailbiting:

(Is it worse that I knew it wouldn't transfer? :laugh:)

Yes, would advise using the attachment they give you in AMCAS when you start your application.
Must* use the attachment for paper transcripts. Ordering mine today!

My boss was actually really impressed with my work that day because she thought I had spent all that time working on it when I actually finished it the day before
#paychecktopaycheck :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
Not me. Reapplying = :barf:I just hope I get off some waitlists so I don't have to go through this entire process again...ugh. Also, after the amcas goes live you're still going to be waiting a month for schools to receive your app if it's anything like last year, so you can get secondary applications and wait even longer.

Medical school admissions is just hurrying up to wait over and over again at an airport with the most insane delays ever. It's one of the longest and most unnecessarily drawn-out processes ever.

:\ I've heard of a few people dealing with this from last year! I was going to apply last cycle and left it for this one...SOOO not looking forward to this process from all the horrid stories I've heard thus far....the wait seems torturous!! :\

I got an email titled "AMCAS Transcript Receipt Notification" that says "AMCAS has received a transcript in support of your application to the 2016 entering class." Does this mean I don't have to send in that transcript request form anymore?

I got the same email as above after having my transcripts sent electronically, and now it says that my transcript status is "received" in the main menu. Are we good to go for transcripts then without submitted a paper transcript request?

Thanks!

I got the same email as above after having my transcripts sent electronically, and now it says that my transcript status is "received" in the main menu. Are we good to go for transcripts then without submitted a paper transcript request?

Thanks!
I didn't even see that until you mentioned it! Seems like that was an easy process.

I got an email titled "AMCAS Transcript Receipt Notification" that says "AMCAS has received a transcript in support of your application to the 2016 entering class." Does this mean I don't have to send in that transcript request form anymore?
If a transcript has been received, that's it. No need to send a paper form..

Quick question for you guys - can AAMC verify your application before the June 1st submission date so that on that date the application goes straight to the schools, or is June 1st the earliest date you can submit it to AAMC to begin the verification process? This wasn't clear to me.

Quick question for you guys - can AAMC verify your application before the June 1st submission date so that on that date the application goes straight to the schools, or is June 1st the earliest date you can submit it to AAMC to begin the verification process? This wasn't clear to me.
Verification means that AAMC has your transcript at its office and your submitted application online to check everything against. One cannot submit until June 2, which means one cannot possibly be verified until June 2. AAMC does not transmit any information to schools until late June, usually around the 27th.

Ok, so essentially aaplying early entails submitting as soon as possible, June 2nd, and having AAMCAS verify everything before applications are sent to schools in July.

if we're currently waitlisted this cycle w/ no acceptances, will anything be adversely affected if we start filling out the 2016 amcas?

if we're currently waitlisted this cycle w/ no acceptances, will anything be adversely affected if we start filling out the 2016 amcas?
Nope, ain't no one gonna know until July at the very earliest, probably later because they won't be reading apps

:\ I've heard of a few people dealing with this from last year! I was going to apply last cycle and left it for this one...SOOO not looking forward to this process from all the horrid stories I've heard thus far....the wait seems torturous!! :\
As I argued before in this already already, mindset is so so so important. I learned this the hard way from years of competitive athletics, but if you head into any war expecting to lose (and this process definitely has some war-like features), then you're already behind. Don't do that to yourself!

As I argued before in this already already, mindset is so so so important. I learned this the hard way from years of competitive athletics, but if you head into any war expecting to lose (and this process definitely has some war-like features), then you're already behind. Don't do that to yourself!
Heh, this isn't competive athletics where you have control over the outcome (relatively speaking). That's the maddening part of the process. To use your athletics analogy, it's like you are in the most important game of your life and not only have you been benched by your coach, but you're not allowed to watch the game.

Heh, this isn't competive athletics where you have control over the outcome (relatively speaking). That's the maddening part of the process. To use your athletics analogy, it's like you are in the most important game of your life and not only have you been benched by your coach, but you're not allowed to watch the game.
A certain measure of self-confidence will still go a long way in this one hell of a long process. That's all I meant. If even a winning mindset doesn't guarantee success (and of course you're right about that), what's the argument for a losing mindset in helping anything????

LJN Ltd I'm not going in totally defeated haha...just not looking forward to certain aspects of it...I'm more of a if it happens it happens...but the part I'm dreading is the wait..let's just say patience is not my forte -_-

In any case, back to the original subject! AMCAS 2016! w00t
Has anyone tried filling out a 2015 version of it just to see what it's like? Once I started doing so I really realized that SDN kinda exaggerated the difficulty of the primary...it's not that long..lol or maybe it's just me
Haha, I definitely did that. It was a great way to delay the damn PS writing... :ninja:

When you say "taking weeks" do you mean by mail?

I have friends from previously application cycle who submitted transcript forms and had to wait a very long to get confirmation from AMCAS that they were in.. Some were delayed in the verification process because of it. It's not that my school tries to be late, they can just sometimes be disorganized.

And yes I do think by mail.

"There is something you must remember. You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think." Winnie the Pooh