amcas practice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lillyb

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is there a way to get an application to look over and familiarize with before I apply next year or is my best bet to go buy an AMCAS book at Borders or something?...I want to learn how to fill it out (i.e. the abbreviations for my classes, etc...)

Members don't see this ad.

lillyb said:
Is there a way to get an application to look over and familiarize with before I apply next year or is my best bet to go buy an AMCAS book at Borders or something?...I want to learn how to fill it out (i.e. the abbreviations for my classes, etc...)

If you really feel the desire you could create a log-in and practice filling it out, etc. and just not submit. But it's not that hard to figure out. The process of actually filling the forms out probably took a couple hours. It was the personal statement that held things up!

Filling out AMCAS isn't anything you need practice in. If you really want to get a head start you could probably just download the 120 or so page instruction manual that's posted on the AMCAS website and look it over. It has screenshots of what application looks like and goes over a lot of FAQs.

Members don't see this ad :)
TicAL said:
Filling out AMCAS isn't anything you need practice in. If you really want to get a head start you could probably just download the 120 or so page instruction manual that's posted on the AMCAS website and look it over. It has screenshots of what application looks like and goes over a lot of FAQs.
Don't download the instruction manual, just download the worksheet that tells you all of the questions that will be asked! :idea:

AMCAS 2006 Application Worksheet

thank you for the good feedback