an international student needs serious chancing

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

yeabutmaybe

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
4.0 GPA no MCAT yet

Research:
neuroscience research 2 years by application - 1 pub coming

Clinical:
- Shadowed psychiatrists and a neurologist
- Clinical volunteer for research in a psychiatry clinic

EC/Volunteer:
- homeless shelter, elementary school, hospital reception desk
- volunteer with underprivileged children
- I ran two projects in development with an NGO.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Anyone please? The whole point of this post is to help me get a sense of whether I should look into the option of private loans. The interest rates are high and I would not want to even think about it unless it is absolutely necessary. Let me know what you think! Thanks!

Nobdy can expect to get into the schools you are talking about (international or otherwise). With no MCAT score all anyone can say is that an international student must additionally offer something that identifies him as a future leader in medicine in order to have a chance.

Look into private loans no matter what. The information will help you discuss your future with your lienholders (parents).

Nobdy can expect to get into the schools you are talking about (international or otherwise). With no MCAT score all anyone can say is that an international student must additionally offer something that identifies him as a future leader in medicine in order to have a chance.

Look into private loans no matter what. The information will help you discuss your future with your lienholders (parents).

Thanks a lot! I understand that it's a tough call for anyone to make and I really appreciate your help. :)