Anciebon.....come in here!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Estrace

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
How was your transition from Walgreens to CVS? Is CVS really that much different from Walgreens?
I have had enough of my rxm as well and looking to get out. I asked my supervisor for transfer earlier this week but she didn't respond so I'm keeping my options open at this point. I rather go work for CVS than continue to work with a rxm who has a lot of insecurities.

Members don't see this ad.

I have been with CVS for almost 2 years now. I had previously worked at Wags for 3 years. Surprisingly it is the reason you described above that made me leave Wags, among others things. I can tell you, believe it or not, i am happier now with CVS due to the fact i have better relation with pic, and supervisor. At Wags I happened to have a Crazy RXM, and i mean it the guy was really crazy.., and my wags rx supervisor was really crazy as well. Now i do not even want to think about the things i went through with that maniac.
Now let's compare Wags and CVS
We all know that wags has a better computer system. Yes , wags computer system is miles ahead of cvs. At wags if a prescription is on hold or on ready status, any wags can access, and fill it. That is great. Cvs does not have that technology. We have to call the store and ask to back it out. i think insurance runs better on Rxconnect than ic plus. COB at wags used to freeze the computer a lot. Though i am not sure if that has been fixed.
As far as benefit, i think benefit is about the same. Though i feel, cvs has slightly better benefit. For example, Cvs has unlimited sick day for pharmacists. 401 k, cvs matches 5 percent , and wags matches 4 percent. So it is about the same as wags adds discretionary match too.
As far as tech hrs, cvs is better staffed than wags. (Now cvs is trying to cut hrs too). At wags i used to work on the weekend by myself, and 4 hrs every weekday as we only had 30 tech hrs for a store that average about 1300 a week. Yes, it was tough. Now, i am working at a store that does over 2300, scripts per week, we have over 190 hrs. It is still rough but at least i am not alone, and i am not running around like a chicken with no head.
I have to go now. i will talk about the metrics later.

Thank you so much.......... as much as I love retail, l don't mind a non retail job at this point. Looking into several options. I know for a fact that I rather go work for CVS than continue to work with someone who is capable of poisoning my food. She's that evil.

Members don't see this ad :)
Your experience at CVS will depend on one thing and one thing only, the quality of your pharmacy supervisor. If he/she is good you will have a great experience. If they are jerk, your life will be hell.

Thank you so much.......... as much as I love retail, l don't mind a non retail job at this point. Looking into several options. I know for a fact that I rather go work for CVS than continue to work with someone who is capable of poisoning my food. She's that evil.

Oh, I feel for you. I once left a job because I worked for an evil boss, I came to work everyday worried that she would go postal and shoot up the place. She was that completely crazy and irrational. I think every person in the pharmacy had complained to human relations, but what she was doing was so over the top, they refused to believe us. Yes, best thing you can do it get out of that toxic environment.

Your experience at CVS will depend on one thing and one thing only, the quality of your pharmacy supervisor. If he/she is good you will have a great experience. If they are jerk, your life will be hell.

Now you're scaring me. I love my supervisor now but the rxm is a little devil's incarnate. I don't want to ever work with anyone like that again.

Oh, I feel for you. I once left a job because I worked for an evil boss, I came to work everyday worried that she would go postal and shoot up the place. She was that completely crazy and irrational. I think every person in the pharmacy had complained to human relations, but what she was doing was so over the top, they refused to believe us. Yes, best thing you can do it get out of that toxic environment.

Oh, I'm so out. The one I'm dealing with is the queen of manipulation.

Now you're scaring me. I love my supervisor now but the rxm is a little devil's incarnate. I don't want to ever work with anyone like that again.

If you had a good relationship with you supervisor or he or she was any good, your RXM would be gone or behaving appropriately. My boss tries to put good teams together. People who work well together tend to get better results.....

Update: My supervisor granted my transfer request to a different location. I start at the new location next week. I didn't think I will be sad, but I was for a good hour after my sup gave me the news on the phone. I mean, I have been at this store for 2 years and loved everything except the rxm. It was my first store, I became staffed here. I will miss the easy customer base and my older patients. I loved them and they loved me too.
For the rest of the day though, I was humming Anna Kendrick's "When I'm gone". I am very excited.

Reactions: 1 users
Congratulations. It is a good thing that your rx dm approved your transfer. Unfortunataly it was not the case for me. i did like my customers but i had no choice but to leave.