Facebook is telling me the end is here, RIP pharmacy profession.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

moolman

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Screenshot_20220628-010854~2.png
Greg

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Lol. I heard commercial on the radio telling people to apply to west coast university. Earn your doctorate today!

Stop calling it west coast, that’s insulting to the actual beach, ocean, and rest of the west coast, lol.

Call it the Career College of Pharmacy Next to the 5 Freeway in a Nondescript Office Building Near Disneyland.

Reactions: 1 user
Stop calling it west coast, that’s insulting to the actual beach, ocean, and rest of the west coast, lol.

Call it the Career College of Pharmacy Next to the 5 Freeway in a Nondescript Office Building Near Disneyland.
It's next to the 101, not 5....lol that building off the 5 is not the pharmacy school. The pharmacy school is in a more ghetto building in LA.

It's next to the 101, not 5....lol that building off the 5 is not the pharmacy school. The pharmacy school is in a more ghetto building in LA.

1656361587483.png

That's.... that's something.

"Easy freeway access! Fantastic shopping options!! MUST SEE!!!" is how I would imagine the real estate ad would read. :laugh:

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
1656362029370.png

The shopping carts are a nice touch, adds to the ambiance. If you advance it a year or two, it looks like the remnants of a newly cleared homeless encampment.

• Haha
590 N Vermont Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90004, United States

This is the correct address, check it out.

View attachment 356627

That's.... that's something.

"Easy freeway access! Fantastic shopping options!! MUST SEE!!!" is how I would imagine the real estate ad would read. :laugh:

Looks like it’s within walking distance to IHOP. That alone is worth the 4 years of loans to pay for pancakes. I mean - you may as well spend your loan money on something useful during that time.

In fact, as I am tapping this out on my phone - I have become inspired…. I’m taking the kids to IHOP tonight for some sugar/butter saturated flapjacks…

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 4 users
590 N Vermont Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90004, United States

This is the correct address, check it out.

Geebus, how many campuses does this place have, hahah.

Well this is a bit nicer. The chiropractic college that used to be here looked way better (they shouldn't have sealed up that front facade).

The only school that could rival this one is American University Of Health Sciences in Long Beach, they graduated their first class this year.

Members don't see this ad :)
Looks like it’s within walking distance to IHOP. That alone is worth the 4 years of loans to pay for pancakes. I mean - you may as well spend your loan money on something useful during that time.

In fact, as I am tapping this out on my phone - I have become inspired…. I’m taking the kids to IHOP tonight for some sugar/butter saturated flapjacks…
IHOP is actually a vastly underrated spot.

IHOP is actually a vastly underrated spot.

We had a super good time last night. I got a massive stack of strawberry cream pancakes and w/ bacon. I always get an extra side of bacon. It’s a little embarrassing ordering a second side of bacon - but I figure I already when too far anyway so I May as well just make it happen!

• Love
We had a super good time last night. I got a massive stack of strawberry cream pancakes and w/ bacon. I always get an extra side of bacon. It’s a little embarrassing ordering a second side of bacon - but I figure I already when too far anyway so I May as well just make it happen!
Have you ever tried the all you can eat pancakes? I can never eat more than 4.

Geebus, how many campuses does this place have, hahah.

Well this is a bit nicer. The chiropractic college that used to be here looked way better (they shouldn't have sealed up that front facade).

They are owned by American Career Colleges, it's a for profit chain likr ITT Tech, Devry, basically all those commercials that you see in TV.

They have a bunch of campuses, like fast food locations, that's why you got the building wrong... haha

Reactions: 2 users
They are owned by American Career Colleges, it's a for profit chain likr ITT Tech, Devry, basically all those commercials that you see in TV.

They have a bunch of campuses, like fast food locations, that's why you got the building wrong... haha

Very embarrassing. there are have been a lot of new schools that opened up from scratch like Northstate. I believe this is worse, we got two career colleges: west coast and American university of health that were able to go into pharmacy school business without pushback

Pharmacy schools used to be a cash cow. You just need some classrooms, chairs and tables, some pretentious compounding equipments, and a few “clinical pharmacists” who are volunteers at a clinic or hospital. That is all you need to collect $50-60k/year in tuition.

Don’t even think you need compounding equipment. I have heard of students who never had any type of IV compounding or non-IV compounding training directly from their schools. Some were shown videos of it.
A lot of these schools hire newly trained residency Rph who never worked as a pharmacist in their lives.

Don’t even think you need compounding equipment. I have heard of students who never had any type of IV compounding or non-IV compounding training directly from their schools. Some were shown videos of it.
A lot of these schools hire newly trained residency Rph who never worked as a pharmacist in their lives.

Make sure to address them as "Doctor".

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users