Any chance for Weill Cornell Medical College in Qatar??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Count92

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
14 PS cGPA: 3.96
12 BS SciGPA: 4.0
7 VR
M Writing

I applied to WCMC-Q MD program.
I have not been called for an interview yet and im starting to get worried! Does anyone know when will they send interview invites? Do I have a good chance??? Any help is appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

I wouldn't have your hopes up with that unbalanced MCAT VR score but your other stats looks very competitive so i would say what happened with your VR score?

Last edited:
Thanks for replying. I think WCMC Qatar campus does not put too much weight on VR section as we are Arabs and they know it is not that easy to get a high grade on VR with English not our native language. At least I hope so.

I really don't know what happened but the English section was pretty damn hard! If I had like a 10 on VR I would've guaranteed my acceptance or interview at least right?

Members don't see this ad :)
14 PS cGPA: 3.96
12 BS SciGPA: 4.0
7 VR
M Writing

I applied to WCMC-Q MD program.
I have not been called for an interview yet and im starting to get worried! Does anyone know when will they send interview invites? Do I have a good chance??? Any help is appreciated!

Merging. In the future please use the same thread instead of creating a new one. This creates extra clutter and makes it difficult for other threads to be looked at.

I applied for Weill Cornell Medical College in Qatar MD program and I have been called for a Skype interview.

Is it a normal interview and am I a step closer? or is it just less important than the personal face-to-face interviews in other words I do not have a good chance of being accepted? Because they said on their website that all interviews are held in Qatar.

Thank you for anyy reply or help! I appreciate it!

I also applied to the MD program at Cornell-Qatar but have not heard yet. Any word on how they are planning to do things this year?

I am also applying to Cornell Qatar and have not heard anything back.
Abel, what are your stats and have you tried calling them for more info? i called them 2 weeks ago and they said they should get back to us this passed week.
I have a 35 on my mcat (14bs,11ps,10vr) and will have a phd in biophysics this year, so i really dont know how my application is compared to everyone else.

does anyone have any idea how many external applicants apply and how many are interviewed every year?

Thanks

Hey MD PhD! That is awesome! I thought that I was the only PhD med school applicant! My PhD is in molecular toxicology. Lets hope that we both get in...we'll have loads to talk about. :)

Hey thats great! i get my phd this summer in molecular biophysics from Florida State U! where did u get ur degree from?

Hi attachFull193630
I'm a 4th-year pharmacy student.
I'm very interested in medical from a very very long time..... you can say that I adore medicine, saving people life and curing them. I tried many times to apply to Weill Cornell in Qatar but my parents always refused, because of their fees.

Now, I'm planning to apply for MD program next year, after my graduation from the pharmacy and drug manufacturing college. I'd like to know from you what are the requirements? what are the minimum scores for MCAT and IELTS tests? Do they require SAT or ACT test? the minimum value required for GPA? are there any other requirements needed? what can I do to make my application special and attractive?

thanks a lot, I hope you reply to me very soon. I really need your help.

Best regards

Attachments

• upload_2015-7-5_16-52-37.png
    upload_2015-7-5_16-52-37.png
    95 bytes · Views: 51