Any excercise plans before OMM lab?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Also for the ladies, weight lifting is not just for the men. We need to build lean muscle mass too, it speeds up metabolism, and helps prevent osteoporosis. A lot of girls will not lift in fear that it will make then 'bulkier'. This is not true, though it could hinder weight loss only because having lean/cut muscle will actually weigh more than a couple inches of fat.

Members don't see this ad.

Yes, having some definate DOMS today :oops:. But, I did get off my hiney and had a good workout. I also ate sensible meals yesterday (minus the mocha blasts). It will be super :cool: if I can keep this up!
You know, I've found that stretching reeeeaaallly well after a good run or tough workout will help to alleviate the DOMS problem. I forgot to stretch last week after a hard run and was sore as crap two days later when I was trying to run again. It sucked. My goal for before school starts in August is to be running 3-5 miles a day. With some biking, hiking, kayaking and stuff thrown in a few days of the week instead. It doesnt seem to matter how much or little I eat while I'm working out, I still cant lose that last couple pounds on my love handles. So I'm just eating. I wish I had the money for a trainer and nutrionist, but I just dont right now. Definitely something I'd like to do eventually though. Once I get a big person job and make big person money... :).

Also for the ladies, weight lifting is not just for the men. We need to build lean muscle mass too, it speeds up metabolism, and helps prevent osteoporosis. A lot of girls will not lift in fear that it will make then 'bulkier'. This is not true, though it could hinder weight loss only because having lean/cut muscle will actually weigh more than a couple inches of fat.
You might weigh the same, but damn ya'll look good with all that muscle tone. Does wonders for the sex drive too....... 0=)

Members don't see this ad :)
Would you guys say it's worth spending money on a personal trainer if you can only afford to do it maybe twice a month? My plan is to see the trainer every other week and try to keep up the exercise in between meetings, but if seeing someone so rarely isn't worth it, I won't spend my money.

Would you guys say it's worth spending money on a personal trainer if you can only afford to do it maybe twice a month? My plan is to see the trainer every other week and try to keep up the exercise in between meetings, but if seeing someone so rarely isn't worth it, I won't spend my money.
Well, if you are totally lost as to which exercises to do, and have some great dedication, it would probably work out ok. Even seeing one once a week would be helpful I think. They could go over nutrition tips, and help you eat better, plus help mold your workout routine into something that is worthwhile. It would be a start at least...

I get a lot of people like you, who want to spend 1 day/week with me going over things to work on their goals. Sometimes I work with people who just need that extra boost. I think it is worth it for your totally lost, for example, a trainer would show what are different types of exercises you should do and show you proper form. They will work with you and set up a program for you. At our gym we have these trainer cards in which we can write down the clients number of exercises, how many sets/reps, etc. We keep them in file and our clients may grab them anytime if they choose to work out on their own. Then they can follow up with us anytime. The only thing we can not do is give out diets or advice on what to eat, its out of our practice scope.

Good Luck!