Any former William Carey MBS students on this forum?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

reppihc

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm really interested in the level of difficulty of this program.

Members don't see this ad.

This program is intense! It was a general consensus amongst my class that this masters was definitely one of the tougher ones. You will have to study pretty much constantly and I can tell you that many people will bomb their first anatomy exam. This program is tough. But do not let this deter you! If you can succeed in this program, you CAN handle medical school (you basically take the first year of medical school save but a few courses).

Thanks for the reply. How much freedom in scheduling do you have? Do you have any idea what the average GPA for the program is? I'm a little concerned because my undergraduate GPA is not that bad (3.46). I'm also planning to go to dental school. I don't want this program to hurt my application.

Members don't see this ad :)
The program has different 'tracks' depending on what your career goals are; which determine the classes you are required to take. Pre-med and pre-dental people take the same track. There are electives that you can take but given that you're pre-dental, you're schedule is pretty much made for you with little room to take additional courses (theoretically you could take all the electives offered but that is ill-advised given the intensity of the courses). The greatest flexibility you'll experience will be during your last term as the majority of required courses are taken during the previous terms.

I don't know what the average GPA was in our program but they do not allow a student to receive more than two C's; once you receive that third C or lower, you are dismissed. In my class of 38 people, 6 were dismissed.

Bear in mind that doing poorly in a program like this can basically end your academic career goals BUT doing well will greatly enhance your application. You just have to be sure that you're prepared mentally, and know that you will be studying all the time.

The program has different 'tracks' depending on what your career goals are; which determine the classes you are required to take. Pre-med and pre-dental people take the same track. There are electives that you can take but given that you're pre-dental, you're schedule is pretty much made for you with little room to take additional courses (theoretically you could take all the electives offered but that is ill-advised given the intensity of the courses). The greatest flexibility you'll experience will be during your last term as the majority of required courses are taken during the previous terms.

I don't know what the average GPA was in our program but they do not allow a student to receive more than two C's; once you receive that third C or lower, you are dismissed. In my class of 38 people, 6 were dismissed.

Bear in mind that doing poorly in a program like this can basically end your academic career goals BUT doing well will greatly enhance your application. You just have to be sure that you're prepared mentally, and know that you will be studying all the time.

Since you sound like you are familiar, is there a list where graduates have gone to med school? Mostly DO acceptances?