Any good dental school??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

KCHANG418

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi guys,
i am planning to apply d-school this june. and i live in CA, i will apply all the d-school in CA, such as USC, UCSF, UCLA, UOP, and i want to know do anyone reconment or know other good d-school outside of CA. i had asked my intern doctor about this question, and he said university of washington is good, and university of missippi is good too. so, if any one knows more about d-school, please tell me. really appriciate it.... ;) .....

Members don't see this ad.

KCHANG418 said:
hi guys,
i am planning to apply d-school this june. and i live in CA, i will apply all the d-school in CA, such as USC, UCSF, UCLA, UOP, and i want to know do anyone reconment or know other good d-school outside of CA. i had asked my intern doctor about this question, and he said university of washington is good, and university of missippi is good too. so, if any one knows more about d-school, please tell me. really appriciate it.... ;) .....

Hey bro,

http://www.adea.org/links/default.htm. <----That's the ADA list of schools. It's quite long, so here are some of my suggestions: BU, NYU, Temple, Nova, Creighton, University of Colorado, University of Texas - San Antonio, Baylor college of dentistry, Tufts, and Marquette. Check those out, and let me know what you think.

-Dan

Washington is excellent, but if you want to get in as an out-of-stater you have to have awesome stats. Also, if you want to stay west I'd suggest OHSU

Members don't see this ad :)
Washington and Colorado are great schools but not if you are out of state. If you have a 3.8+ GPA and a 20+ DAT then give it a try. As an out of state student you are better off looking at private schools. Check out Creighton, Tufts, Temple, AZ, NOVA. The state schools you can try are UMDNJ, Maryland, UCONN. Truth be told your best bet is to follow deebog's advice and look at the list provided by the ADEA and maybe purchase the ADEA's guide to dental schools.

Case is also a good private school, but you have to live in cleveland, which would be hard coming from cali.

J2AZ said:
Washington and Colorado are great schools but not if you are out of state. If you have a 3.8+ GPA and a 20+ DAT then give it a try.

I'll buy that. Washington is a great school but difficult to get into. Same with Colorado (really small class size [35 or so?]).

If your stats aren't stellar than you might consider other options than those two.

I think with your 24/24 on the DAT, you shouldn't even have to worry about leaving CA as long as you don't blow the interview.

thanks for all the answers, really appriciate it.
because i think the tuition for private school in CA would not be much different of being outsteter in other states' schools, this is why i want to find out some out state schools.
thank you for all the helpful answers, i think now i have some schools in my mind that i am going to apply.

KCHANG418 said:
hi guys,

The Univ of Mississippi Medicine program is a good program, but the dental program is a little outdated. You do graduate as a good dentist, but it wasn't for me. But they don't accept out of state students. Might be a little difficult to get in.

KCHANG418 said:
thanks for all the answers, really appriciate it.
because i think the tuition for private school in CA would not be much different of being outsteter in other states' schools, this is why i want to find out some out state schools.
thank you for all the helpful answers, i think now i have some schools in my mind that i am going to apply.

Actually the tuition for Cali instate is not all that bad. Still much less expensive than going out of state or going private. Either way, you can always change residency your sophomore year.

You can get into any school that you want in my opinion. Just ask yourself where you want to live and what kind of dentist you want to be.