any moms out there?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

starrynight

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
:) hello ladies!
i have an one year old cute little daughter and i intend to apply to UIC this year...is anyone in a similar situation?...would be great if someone tells me it can be done! i know it's not easy, but i will try:p :p ..so, if someone wants to share their experience i will be profoundly thankful:)

Members don't see this ad.

:) hello ladies!
i have an one year old cute little daughter and i intend to apply to UIC this year...is anyone in a similar situation?...would be great if someone tells me it can be done! i know it's not easy, but i will try:p :p ..so, if someone wants to share their experience i will be profoundly thankful:)
hi i also have 2.5 years old daughter.i am planning to take nbde1 in july or aug.i know its hard to study with a kid i am sure we can do it.i am also planning to apply for idp at uic.
good luck.

Hi, I am 10 weeks pregnant.I have already applied to UIC. Baby is coming in december. I am planning to move there .

Members don't see this ad :)
im a mommy too, for 2 boys 3 yrs old boy,and 6 month baby, do you thonk i still have a chance?!:oops:

hello mommies!

it is such a peasure hearing from all of youl!!!!!

mamamira, of course you have a chance, all of us have a chance! it is going to be tough, but if you have help with your children, you can do it! i know that there is a day care service at UIC; it is intended for toddlers older then 2 year and 9 mos, fully potty trained...i was thinking of it as an option when my daughter will come at age....

nazish, i'm living in chicago right now and we're planning to move in the suburbs soon, but it will be a pleasure to make your aquaintance if you're going to live next by; do you know how soon are they going to call for the interview?...i set my due time for the statement letter the end of this
mos..and i was wondering how long the waiting will be....

doc76, the best of luck with your NBDE! i hope you'll do just great!

have a wonderful week mommies :love:

HELLO MOMMIES!!! I have a boy : SANTINO ( 23 months old) I'll take NBDE part I on JUNE 9th!!!!:scared: We live in Pittsburgh, but muy husband was transferred to Atlanta. It has been really hard.!!!!!! My "baby" and I will move there after my exam.
Best luck for all of you.:luck: Keep in touch!!!!

:) hello.my baby is due in september,n im planning to take part1 in july,n then i ll go for toefel,in august:confused: i was v confused but now im feeling confident after reading this thread.its hard but i think v can manage it.ok good luck 2 all of u.bye 4 now

:thumbup: Nice to hear from u.I'm in the same boat,got a six month old cute pie.
Left my options open for NBDE.But v can do it.

Be encouraged n all will be done.
Good luck.

good luck mommies:love: :luck:

helooo ladies
im 7 months preggy living in ct ..i was 3 months preg wen i gave my part 1.believe me it was so tough with me nauseous an vomitting all the time
but thank god my exams was great i scored 91 . i think my baby is real lucky for me..i l apply this year and join college next year hopefully..lets see
all the best to all you women out there..its tough to manage family and studies but believe me we can do anything we want..

hellooooo mommies!!!!!!!!:love:

it's great to find that there are so many moms out there:) i am so glad that you answered:thumbup:
moms to be, do as much as you can before your baby arrives because afterward your whole values system will change and will be baby, baby , baby...
on the other hand, who is going to be more determined and more focused then you, when you have such a good motive, your baby who will need a strong and confident mom beside him/her...so, chin up! and best of luck to all of you:luck:

starrynight

Hi Ladies,

Have a wonderful 15 month old son.It was really nice to c so many moms here.Am planning to retake part 1 again,got 84 the 1st time.
Plssssssssssssss girls help me coz am not sticking to my schedule.I need a timetable,I think tht i need @ least 4 months to study.Pls feel free to put ur views in words.
I'm really confused and don't know wht 2 write:eek: :eek:

Members don't see this ad :)
hello ladies!
i am still working on my statement letter...uhg..i didn't expect to take me so much writing it; i left my cutie pie with her dad and i try to gather my thought..wish me luck:luck:
suna, i sent you a message, i hope you'll find it at least a little bit helpful:)
best of luck to you and hunny too:thumbup:

Hello mommies,
I have a 9 month old handsome boy. Its a real confident booster to go thro this thread. Suna I am in the same boat as you. I have 86 in part I and kinda confused as to re-take or not. I am thinking that due to this new format the avg scores might stay kinda low and 86 may have a better chance. confused and not so sure tho, so preparing to write partI some time in july. Thanks starrynight for this wonderful thread. Inputs/comments/suggestions highly appreciated.

hello dear mommies:love:

here are some thoughts...they don't have to work for everybody, but i hope that at least work a little bit:luck:
-plan your week in advance, know what you have to do and write down what you did and what you still have to do...in a week you will probably do what you have decided...not in a day...some days are better, some are worse...
-use one day to repeat what you learnt that week, or the week before...the more you repeat the better you'll know
-my advice-start with kaplan reviews, then go to dental decks, and when you master those do the exams reviews
-try to find a friend-mom to and help each other with your kids...one day one of you babysit both children and the other day the other way around...this way you have at least a little bit time free
-try to envolve your husband, extended family so you can spare some time for you
-one tip- in the kitchen-whenever i prepare something i cut and peel a quantity double then i need, and the one that i don't use i store it in the fridge for next time..next time you'll have less to do

i hope this will help:thumbup:
best of luck, mommies!

hello dear mommies:love:

here are some thoughts...they don't have to work for everybody, but i hope that at least work a little bit:luck:
-plan your week in advance, know what you have to do and write down what you did and what you still have to do...in a week you will probably do what you have decided...not in a day...some days are better, some are worse...
-use one day to repeat what you learnt that week, or the week before...the more you repeat the better you'll know
-my advice-start with kaplan reviews, then go to dental decks, and when you master those do the exams reviews
-try to find a friend-mom to and help each other with your kids...one day one of you babysit both children and the other day the other way around...this way you have at least a little bit time free
-try to envolve your husband, extended family so you can spare some time for you
-one tip- in the kitchen-whenever i prepare something i cut and peel a quantity double then i need, and the one that i don't use i store it in the fridge for next time..next time you'll have less to do

i hope this will help:thumbup:
best of luck, mommies!

It's really a good way!
I'm a mommy with 9 mon pretty girl,she is my first baby. Nobody perfect, nothing perfect.try our best to keep balance between studying and housework.

Thank you starrynight for your thoughts!!!!!!!:thumbup:....this thread motivates me!!!!
Is really hard to find a balance among kids, housework and studying. In my case I don't have family here in the United States.My husband is working in other state but I keep my faith! My exam is in two weeks!!!!....
Have a good week, mommies!!!

best of luck ladies with your exams!chin up and keep oour fingers crossed that everything is going to be ok!
a great week of study!:thumbup:

Just going through all the postings and was wondering what you guys plan to do with the kids once you decide to join school. I have an 18 month old and pregnant with the second one. I want to join school maybe next year and was wondering how people with babies manage.
Any insights or experiences would be helpful. Good luck to all you gals on your upcoming exams ! Give it your best shot and remember there is nothing we moms cannot do.

Truly,
mib..

hello ladies:)
how is study going on? i hope everyone is doing ok and is satisfied with her work..in the end personal satisfaction is more important than anything else;
mib, about your question, we have just found out that my in-laws just won the DV lottery....so it is a solution...before we knew it, my parents and my husband's parentes were supposed to take turns and help us until i decided about a day care....there's one at UIC for toddlers older then 2y and 9mos fully potty trained...it is not going to be easy, especially because of the program, 8-5, 5 days a week and a lot to do......we'll have to make it through:thumbup:

have a great weekend:love:

I am new to this moms forum.I would like to have a suggestions from all the moms here.I have already got into school.So my q to all : is it possible to have a baby during the school.Will it be able to carry out both studies and pregnency.This is very important to me as it can solve many of my problems.Please help me out to make a decision.I would be very thankfull to u guys

hello alk:)
i sent you a private message:), hope it will help a wee bit:p

studious mommies, may you all have a great week! best of luck with your study!:thumbup:

Hi mommies,
I am a proud mommy of a 9 month old boy and took my exam in april.Unfortunately I got a very bad score (75) and plan to retake the exam.
I studied the decks, previously released questions by ASDA and Kaplan book.

Apperantly this new system requires more study time.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks, starrynight for your reply. I truly appreciate it. Have to decide on something too since the program is so rigorous. Thanks again.

i have 2 girls and iam trying to take part 2 any suggestion for quick reading(within 2 months)

hi
i need help ...does any one of you know when is the application date for NYU AND CONNETICUT college going to begin nothing is given in their website
and im also planning to give my part 2 is anyone preparing for that or knows anything about it please let me know
any help would be appreciated thankssss

hello mommy of 2,
if you have to take it in 2 mos, maybe you should focuse on the dental decks at most, know them very well, and then review by taking the test reviews;
best of luck mommy!:thumbup:

hello hellorose,
i don't know for a fact, but after i checked the acceptance thread 2008/2009 i think that at least for NYU they have already interviewed and chosen their people...ask one of the people that got accepted there...
best of luck:luck:

hello mommies!
i have good news that i want to share! i finally finished my statement letter..it took me a while, but it is over; next week i'll send the documents and i'll keep my finger crossed for the better!
pupa and hunny100 best of luck at your exams! it is this week, isn't it? we can't wait to hear good news!
take good care of you ladies, and have a great weekend!:love:

i'm a mother of two kids one 3 & half yrs old son & a daughter only 6 mths old
on top of that i have my exam on 12 june i don't think i'll make it
:confused:but i got some courage after reading everybody 's views here thx:thumbup:

i am mom to an 8 month old baby boy..i have written part 1 and toefl..now jus gearing up to apply to schools.My son will prbly be close to 1.5 yrs if i get into school next yr...my parents and inlaws have promised to take turns and stay with us during that time...atleast for the first yr...dont want to put my child in day care till he is 3 if i can help it!...hoping for the best!!!
good luck to all the mommies out there!

It is a relief to know that there are so many moms out there trying to get into dental schools. I have a one and half year old daughter, planning to take NBDE part 1 on july 21st. If anyone is taking exam during that time , do let me know, we can discuss things and and motivate ech other.

It is a relief to know that there are so many moms out there trying to get into dental schools. I have a one and half year old daughter, planning to take NBDE part 1 on july 21st. If anyone is taking exam during that time , do let me know, we can discuss things and and motivate ech other.

hello mommies,
i hope you have spent a great weekend...i had a really agitated tuesday:(..when i was about to post application doc. i realised that i missed the deadline for toefl:scared:...so, i had to schedule another ex in less than 2 weeks:(...i hope i'll do it because i don't want to miss the UIC's deadline....the awful thing is that i have to drive more then 200mi to take the test(it was the only place where i could find an open place before aug 17) and it will be from 7pm until 11.30pm....but that's it...i should have payed much more attention to the deadlines....so, mommies, open your eyes and read twice and have someone else read the important stuff.....
best of luck to all that have an NBDE test this week:thumbup:

hello mommies!
i have good news that i want to share! i finally finished my statement letter..it took me a while, but it is over; next week i'll send the documents and i'll keep my finger crossed for the better!
pupa and hunny100 best of luck at your exams! it is this week, isn't it? we can't wait to hear good news!
take good care of you ladies, and have a great weekend!:love:

Thank you satarrynight for your wishes!!!!.....YES! Idid it!! I took my test last saturday ( June 9th) and I'm really happy, my life is normal again. It's like I lost 10 pounds!!!
My exam was well ( I think) but so long. I finished IN time. Now I have to wait the results and enjoy my familiy. This friday my son will be 2 years old, and I'm planning his birthday party. He's not going to the daycare: WE ARE ALL DAY TOGETHER AND IT'S GREAT!!!
Next week we are moving to Atlanta!!!
If some mommy need help just let me know!
Have a good week!!!!!:love:

hi
its really nice to see so many mothers who r trying to make their future also .I am also in the same boat my baby is due in july and I am planning to give part 1 in dec well lets see what is in my fate .:)

Hello moms...

I'm new in town and I have just seen you...and now I'm a little bit more confident that... it is possible...I'm 5 month pregnant, my due date is in october and I had my Toefl exam last week so now I,m waiting for my scors...I had my NBDE exam last year and I'm planning to start sending my applications...my first choose is UIC...I sow that few of us are going to Chicago...Maybe we could share our impressions about what UIC wants from an applicant...Maybe we will be in the same class...who knows?

Anyway is a relief to see that you are not the only one pregnant or mom...I'm glad to see that we are so many...

hello ladies:)
it seems that our list is getting longer and longer:clap:good for us!

drsbcd, i'm applying to UIC as soon as i can(first my toefl and then the results....)it would be great to share thoughts and ideas...
about your statement letter..i had a hard time creating it, but i did it and so you will you...it takes a little more time, though...look for another of my threads, the one with the title 'applying to uic'..there someone gave me a useful link about statement letters...also, check henna's thread about links of interest for foreign trained dentists..one of her posts is about statement letters....one more thing, i googled on the internet and i read some useful things from there too....best of luck and keep in touch:thumbup:

hey dear,

good to see ya all.Ihave 2 boys..5 yrs and 4 months.This year I have gotten into BU.Lets see if I can do it too.

we all need each others wishes
all the best to all of u there.

good for you, i beleive!:clap:
i am glad for you, and for us too...it can be done even with 2 kids:thumbup:
best of luck and you'll show them what a mom can do!:luck:

it is really a good thread and i am glad to see so many mommies out here.
only thing we all need is motivation,wish u all good luck for ur exams and 2008 application.

Thanks again Starrynight for your input...

This weekend I wil start my writting..see how it works...I'm worried that my Toefl ibt scor is not that good...I've just received it ...95...along with my others NBDE1 90 and GPA(ece)=3.72...and no experience here because I'm pregnant and nobody wants me...I don't know if I realy have a chance...there are so many good grades...and I really don't feel that I could have another Toefl right now...

Thanks again Starrynight for your input...

This weekend I wil start my writting..see how it works...I'm worried that my Toefl ibt scor is not that good...I've just received it ...95...along with my others NBDE1 90 and GPA(ece)=3.72...and no experience here because I'm pregnant and nobody wants me...I don't know if I realy have a chance...there are so many good grades...and I really don't feel that I could have another Toefl right now...

wow...with nbde score 90% u stand a very good chance as this is most important thing they look at for admission..this is what dental school admission department where i live told me good luck

good for you, i beleive!:clap:
i am glad for you, and for us too...it can be done even with 2 kids:thumbup:
best of luck and you'll show them what a mom can do!:luck:

thankz dear and all the best to u.

hellooooo mommies!
i'm back again! we moved 2 weeks ago and i really don't want to move again any soon..let's say 10 years:D
how have you been doing? any good news? i'm still waiting for my toefl score..
best of luck for those that are taking nbdes and toefl this mos! work hard ladies and share your good news with us!:thumbup:
take care:love:

I was jus checking this thred to c whats in it !!!!

:bow: hats off to u guys ( or should i say gals!!) :D

keeep it up !!

cheers !!

hi everybody.....i have 13 month old daughter .i am planning to give nbde1 in dec.i dont know where to start from...?
i am from dallas,texas.....can somebody be study partner so that i can prepare.