any moms out there?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
starry night you did a gr8 job by starting this thread. its really a confidence booster.

Members don't see this ad.

hi nysa:),
i bet your daughter is a little cutie pie:); mine has 15 mos and i can't stop kissing her:laugh::laugh:
so, about the nbde, i took it quite long time ago, but i would start by checking the ada's site regarding nbde to see what they are saying..then buy the dental decks, exams reviews, kaplan books and even umsl first aid ...i didn't prepare from it, but i read on the residency threads that it can be pretty helpfull...if you can afford, i know they are quite expensive, take a kaplan course for nbde1...check their site too to see what they offer...
pan the exam with time, make a plan and have from time to time some help with your little one so you can concentrate better...
and...best of luck!!!!!!! you need that too:)
tell us how things are going on:thumbup:
have a great week!

hi miss dentistry:),
thanks for your nice words, everybody needs a little bit more confidence:luck:
best of luck!:thumbup:

i forgot nysa, check the thread "important links for foreign...." they have some very good links to help you with your exam
good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
hello.
thanks a lot for u r advice....
i have softcopy of study material.....but problem is where to start from?
if somebody can be study partner it will be very helpful...if anybody interested pm me..

thanks all

hi mommies!! i am new to this mommies forum, it's good to know that i'm not the only one; i am 15 weeks pregnant; when i found out that i am gonna have a baby i lost my motivation!! i am planning on taking my exam in december; my baby is due in january; please tell me that i can make it!!!!!!

hi kashua:)
YOU CAN MAKE IT!!!!! right now it's not you talking, but your hormons..the first trimetser can be very picky and unstable..wait a little bit more and you'll be full of energy during the second trim....unfortunately it's not the same thing for everybody..but that's the general opinion:D
anyway, try and do as much as possible during your pregnancy..with an infant you'll be pretty busy for some time...but you can do it, that's for sure... if you feel depressed talk with your obg and maybe he/she can recommend you join a group of new preggies and make this time easier for you...you can email us if you want, i don't think there is one mom who will mind, right ladies?
it's a big step in your life, maybe the biggest and the most rewarding by becoming a mom..you'll be able to "move the mountains" for your baby, you'll see...so...go on, study hard and you'll make it!
have a great week ahead, take care of you and your little wonder:love:

I am a proud mommy of a 3+ yr old boy. I am trying to study for my exam these days that is the reason I don't visit here often. But this is a great thread. Sometimes there are days when I don't feel like studying.......today is one of them.....

:) hello mommies!!!!!
i've just received the phone call i waited;)...i am so happy:D and i wanted to share it with you all..so, go mommies! we can do it! wish me luck and i hope i will be able to give you some good news in a month or so:)
best of luck to all of you taking nbdes or toefl and to all the studious moms out there!
take care!

:) hello mommies!!!!!
i've just received the phone call i waited;)...i am so happy:D and i wanted to share it with you all..so, go mommies! we can do it! wish me luck and i hope i will be able to give you some good news in a month or so:)
best of luck to all of you taking nbdes or toefl and to all the studious moms out there!
take care!

Hi starry,
CONGRATULATIONS!!
u deserve it.

GOOD luck all u moms... this is one beautiful thread.. hats off to u guys.i am thinking of being a mom soon, this thread reallly boosts me.
i wish i can help u guys in some way...

GOOD luck all u moms... this is one beautiful thread.. hats off to u guys.i am thinking of being a mom soon, this thread reallly boosts me.
i wish i can help u guys in some way...
Hi friends,

I belong to this group,I have two kids.I need some suggestions.

I did my part 1 got a score of 88,gpa 3.2,toefl 99,so what should i do now?
should i retake part 1or do part2? iam retaking toefl.please give me some advices

hi
even i have a daughter of 3yrs and i am planning to give part i in dec or jan 2008, i stay in ca. this thread is really motivating. iam also looking for study partner.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi friends,

I belong to this group,I have two kids.I need some suggestions.

I did my part 1 got a score of 88,gpa 3.2,toefl 99,so what should i do now?
should i retake part 1or do part2? iam retaking toefl.please give me some advices

Hi gowri,
I think you should take Part 2 because 88 is a very competitive score. Yes, you should retake the Toefl to get at least a score above 100. You can also apply to dental schools because only a few schools require both parts. It is good to have both parts taken but it isn't mandatory.
Good luck!

hi gowri,
i agree with raluca; having part 2 taken is an advantage and TOEFL>100 also..good luck with your study:thumbup:
hi suhani, best of luck with your study thumbup:

yeppp, that's me:)
Hai friends,

Thankyou very much,actually i am not satisfied with my score,because you know,i took part 1 a week before delivery,but any way i will apply to all schools ,but for BOSTON I DONT KNOW ,thats why i am confused.I heard someone got a score of 98, that further makes me confused.

hi gowri,
of course you can improve your nbde score and that's will boost your chances..but until you do that you stand a pretty good applying for this cycle-some univ have the deadline of summitting applications soon -
so, good luck!:thumbup::thumbup:

hi gowri,
of course you can improve your nbde score and that's will boost your chances..but until you do that you stand a pretty good applying for this cycle-some univ have the deadline of summitting applications soon -
so, good luck!:thumbup::thumbup:
hai starrynight,

Thankyou very much.I dont know who you are?but your helping mentality

is really appreciable.

took nbde 1 on may 23 I was due on June 12 . Everyone at exam center including the receptionist at prometric center couldnt stop smiling at me. I just smooth saile dthrough it , So my advice is.,.... if I could do it so can anyone keep up wth your preps ,you will excel.. its something about the feel -good- pregnancy hormones or just in anticipation of having greatest joy at end of your 9th month journey or dont know what but something makes you tick...if you know what I mean:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:kudos to mother power

took nbde 1 on may 23 I was due on June 12 . Everyone at exam center including the receptionist at prometric center couldnt stop smiling at me. I just smooth saile dthrough it , So my advice is.,.... if I could do it so can anyone keep up wth your preps ,you will excel.. its something about the feel -good- pregnancy hormones or just in anticipation of having greatest joy at end of your 9th month journey or dont know what but something makes you tick...if you know what I mean:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:kudos to mother power

yepp that's true;) i loved it too:love:
lots of luck moms!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey friends,

It is so amazing to see so many of you boosted up with all the good spirits.
And to those of you who feel discouraged, please don't be!
I am a mom of a 20th month old daughter.I am already in a program, finishing my 3rd month in school. You know guys it is hard, am not going to lie, but it is not so bad either. Initially when i started out i was so apprehensive and pessimistic about the chances i would have getting in schools, and sometimes even worse coz i have a kid to manage as well.
But to tell you the truth my daughter has always been a source of inspiration to me. She is the reason for all the good things that happened to me.
I gave my part 1 during pregnancy and part 2 when she was 6 month old.
I made it through with good scores, and i feel you guys can do it too!
I applied to the only one school i wanted to go to, and God's grace my hard work paid off. I got into the school and as i said its been few months now and i feel great, in the sense that i am able to manage both the family and studies.I have a great husband who does wonderful job as a father, helpful during the exams and constant praises of his cooking abilities helps too:)
So guys chill and i wish you all the best in your endeavours and may all your dreams come true.

Reactions: 1 user
hello greatsmile!
thanks for your input, we needed it:)
it's great to hear that we can still be moms and wifes and students too:thumbup: good for you mom!
all the luck in the world after you finish you IDP:luck:

Hi Starrynight.... which phone call are you talking about is it UIC call anyways .:):thumbup: All the very best and keep us all posted lotsa hugs and kisses to your sweet princess.

Hi Greatsmile

Which school are you going to ?:thumbup::thumbup:

Hi Starrynight.... which phone call are you talking about is it UIC call anyways .:):thumbup: All the very best and keep us all posted lotsa hugs and kisses to your sweet princess.

thanks misdiagnosis:), i will definitely keep you posted:luck::luck:

Last edited:
Hai great smile,

Thanks for sharing your experience and boosting our energy .CAN YOU POST YOUR SCORES AND SCHOOL YOU APPLIED ANDGOT ADDMITTED.ALL THE BEST.

Hey gang!

Sorry for the late reply :)

Well guys i applied to UIC and got accepted at UIC.
UIC is a great school. Their assesment is kind of different from other schools,More than the scores,they assess your personality and see if you are a right fit. Please dont pretend, be your natural self. The interview process is not hard at all, but you need to know the answers to the clinical questions they ask. I know a lot of people are curious about it, dont worry about it.
sorry if i cant answer to all of your questions coz i have exams right now. but time to time i will check with you guys and help you.

Hey gang!

Sorry for the late reply :)

Well guys i applied to UIC and got accepted at UIC.
UIC is a great school. Their assesment is kind of different from other schools,More than the scores,they assess your personality and see if you are a right fit. Please dont pretend, be your natural self. The interview process is not hard at all, but you need to know the answers to the clinical questions they ask. I know a lot of people are curious about it, dont worry about it.
sorry if i cant answer to all of your questions coz i have exams right now. but time to time i will check with you guys and help you.

lots of luck with your exams:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: any other input from you will be greatly appreaciated:luck:
take care,

hi everybody.....i have 13 month old daughter .i am planning to give nbde1 in dec.i dont know where to start from...?
i am from dallas,texas.....can somebody be study partner so that i can prepare.

hey all of you..
I was just passing by and saw the thread..hats off to all of u..
keep ur spirit high...
I m sure all of u ll do it..and ur babies will be proud...

thanks bpositive:D....we really try to ..be positive:laugh::laugh:
lots of luck to you too:thumbup::thumbup:

hi
It is good to see that we have something common i.e. moms or to be moms. i have a part 1 score of 92, part 2 -82 and toefl-ibt- 87 and i am 4 months pregnant. I need an advice that wether i should apply for this year or next and should i have to take my toefl again. Please help

hi
It is good to see that we have something common i.e. moms or to be moms. i have a part 1 score of 92, part 2 -82 and toefl-ibt- 87 and i am 4 months pregnant. I need an advice that wether i should apply for this year or next and should i have to take my toefl again. Please help

hello vishwas:)
nice to hear from you:)
my advice, re-take toefl, 87 is bordeline score for some univ and for other is well under the requirements..and then apply ASAP:)..you have very good scores at nbdes:)
best of luck!
:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

hello everyone,im taking my part1 on 22nd august:confused:.n my baby is due on sep 6th:) i can study for 6 to 7 hours per day only.my prep is also not so good.neways,going to take the test,leaving the rest on god.time is short,dont kno wat to do.need ur motivation.ok im going to study biochem now:mad:.bbye

hello mommies!
wish ne luck, tomorrow i have my interview at UIC..i am quite stressed out, but i hope everything will be ok!
i'll let you know how things went:)
take care,

hey,
I am a mom too of a 3 1/2 yr old .Just reading thru the post gave me the confidence to start the process all over again.i live near chicago and was wondering if we could help each other out in the study.will appreciate it if u would reply to this message.
hello mommies!

it is such a peasure hearing from all of youl!!!!!

mamamira, of course you have a chance, all of us have a chance! it is going to be tough, but if you have help with your children, you can do it! i know that there is a day care service at UIC; it is intended for toddlers older then 2 year and 9 mos, fully potty trained...i was thinking of it as an option when my daughter will come at age....

nazish, i'm living in chicago right now and we're planning to move in the suburbs soon, but it will be a pleasure to make your aquaintance if you're going to live next by; do you know how soon are they going to call for the interview?...i set my due time for the statement letter the end of this
mos..and i was wondering how long the waiting will be....

doc76, the best of luck with your NBDE! i hope you'll do just great!

have a wonderful week mommies :love:

Hi moms..nice to read some interesting & inspiring stories here.I just applied to 3 universities and I am already worried abt wat i would do if & when i get an interview call! I have never been away from my son and he is only 10 months old! It will be too expensive for my hubby, son and I to go to the interviews together so have to leave him in day care and hubby will take care of him in the evenings and at night..I should say..even the thought of it terrifies my hubby!!:p
I am trying not to stress too much abt it but i guess it will be ok when the time comes!!
Good luck to everyone for the exam & interview..:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

hello ladies,
a quick post and i will give more details later:)...i hope everything was ok, there going to be some long mos to wait..... at UIC i met only very nice people that are trying to help you as much as they can..thinking back it was easier than i expected, still, you have to be prepared and to show confidence and determination
good luck to you all:thumbup: you can do it:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Thats One Big Mama thread we got here lol. i:love: love this thread and hats off to u starrynight:thumbup::thumbup: and all the moms here for providing a constant dose of glucose to us with yr inspiring hardwork n effort. Iam a mom of a 14mons old and mashallah she is a handful but iam also trying to study for my part 1 and i really wanna give my exam this dec but iam drenched as theres so much to cover n so little time left. But when i see you guys i learn that having a baby is no excuse as some of u had two rock stars n still got away with such wonderful scores. i wish n pray that we all cud reach our goals some day too. n hey greatsmile :smuggrin::) i envy you for having such a wonderful combination of hubbycumcook!
Now i wish i hd married a chef instead.

hellooooo mommies:love:

a few hours ago i received the phone call that announced me that UIC liked me enough to accept me into their program:thumbup::thumbup:..i am so so happy...
thanks mommies for your support, thanks greatsmile for your tips....
it's been a long way for me...but everything is now rewarded...you need hard working and determination and ambition and you can do it...
mommies, lots and lots of luck! and believe me, you can do it!!!!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

:love: I am really happy for u. From you & your posts we all moms get encouragement that we can do it too........

Congratulations Starrynight!I am so happy to hear about a Romanian dentist succeeding!

I am a mommy too. I have two children(4 yo and 8 months) and I just started studying for Part I. I hope I can keep it up!

All the best to all of you out there trying to find the balance btw family and studying.

CEC

Congratulations Starrynight!I am so happy to hear about a Romanian dentist succeeding!

I am a mommy too. I have two children(4 yo and 8 months) and I just started studying for Part I. I hope I can keep it up!

All the best to all of you out there trying to find the balance btw family and studying.

CEC
thank you CEC; i wish you all the best and may you succed in everything you're wishing for:):)
go mommies!!!!!!!!!:love:

:love: I am really happy for u. From you & your posts we all moms get encouragement that we can do it too........
thank you foreigndentist:)
i hope i'll see all the mommies names in the acceptace thread!
best of luck!:thumbup:

:) hello ladies!
i have an one year old cute little daughter and i intend to apply to UIC this year...is anyone in a similar situation?...would be great if someone tells me it can be done! i know it's not easy, but i will try:p :p ..so, if someone wants to share their experience i will be profoundly thankful:)

Hi Starrynight,....:thumbup:this is where you had started the thread...
...And now,after 3 months you have achieved what your dream was..:hardy:
i m so happy for your achievement..Congrats once again...
B/w...I dont belong to this group (great nice moms!!):p:p
wish u all the best Ladies:luck:
what else:)