Any SAHM/D Pre-Meds Here?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GoGetEm29

7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Stay at home mom here! I only works 2 graveyard shifts a week (mostly to save up and pay for classes) and my mom or husband watch the kids when I do work.
I am starting back at college (didn't do so good back in 2009 when I first started college and then dropped out :nono:).
I have been thinking of taking some EMT classes, so I could get a better job and work a bit more.
I'm just starting my journey as well, practically a freshman and I'm 25. Luckily both of my kids are in school so I get to have the day to myself for working on classes and do whatever I need to during that time. The plan is to start volunteering next semester, which I will do either weekends or during the school days when I don't have a class.

Right here! I have a 6-month-old with horrible GI issues making them hate to be put down or left unattended, even for sleeping. It's ridiculously taxing to get anything done. I have downloaded some awesome MCAT apps on my phone and have the Kaplan flash card deck. Both are great for when I'm pushing the stroller and can't read an actual book, or baby's playing yet I still need to keep my eye on them. The only way I can go through actual material book-wise is when my spouse gets home from work or one of our parents or friends comes over to babysit for 2 hours. Slowly I've been mastering writing with one hand on an end table and flipping a book with the other on the adjacent couch cushion during nap time (which is currently in progress).

Reactions: 1 user