Anybody take Comlex 3 this past week?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DiggityDO

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I thought it sucked, overall. Just wondering what everyone else thought!! I studied 2 months, covering Crush Step 3, some B&W, Kaplan Qbook, and NMS. I also did the NBOME practice test. I was scoring about a 70% on all of the questions, but I don't think I passed this one. And, I don't know what else I could have done to prepare better--where in the heck do they get these questions? My test had little peds and ob-gyn (which I had tried to focus on)--lots of legal/ethical questions, IM, neuro, pictures of genitalia with sores (ugh), CT of brains--where's the lesion?.
Does anyone know what you have to score to pass? Is it >50 or 60%? Or, is it relevant to what others do? About how long until we get our scores? I have a feeling I might be taking this one again...:eek:

Members don't see this ad.

Hey man, I feel your pain. I took COMLEX Step 3 in May and failed it for the second time. Thing is, I passed the first two steps fine without even studying. So I studied for step three TWICE and now am totally confused, I've never been so discouraged. This is the only test I've ever taken where studying made my grade worse. You probably did fine, I just have test anxiety. It really did suck, though, the questions are a crap shoot. Good luck to you.

Actually, to address some of your questions... my (unfortunate) scores came back within 5-6 weeks both times. About 5 weeks to be posted on NBOME website. Letter in the mail within 6 weeks. I wondered if the next ice age would arrive before my scores.

You have to score 350 correct questions out of the total 800 to pass. I scored 346 on my first try (didn't study) and 324 on my second try (studied REALLY hard - go figure!). I felt the questions were horrible. I'm one of the strongest residents in my program but cant seem to get past this stupid test.

I wish you the best of luck!!!!