anyone else not send any thank you cards yet?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

phillyfornia

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
it's almost february and i still haven't sent out anything. please tell me that i'm not alone on this

Members don't see this ad.

You're not alone. I've only sent out thank you notes to 3 of the programs I applied to. I think deep down inside I really don't want to go to the other programs so I just don't care as much and I just got really lazy. I feel really bad though since it's common courtesy to send out thank you notes considering they went to a lot of trouble to bother interviewing us at all. At this point though, I feel like it's a little too late to send out notes to the other programs. Damn, I don't know why I get so lazy sometimes :(

it's almost february and i still haven't sent out anything. please tell me that i'm not alone on this

The OP asked if anyone hadn't sent "ANY" thank-you notes, so I think the first reply doesn't qualify as a "me too" answer, since you did send some thank-you's.

If I were you, I would still send some to your top choices at least. Again, I don't think this is a deal-breaker either way, but might as well cover your bases. The ROL aren't due for a few more weeks yet.

I just finally typed mine in Word this weekend just to have the laptop crash last night. I'm freaking out. I'm not really the best writer so it took quite a while to get them sounding good. Now the laptop is at a computer repair store that's probably gonna charge me $200-300 to fix it. I guess I can't b1tch too much about the cost...we'll be charging our patients way too much in a few years.
:eek:

I sent thank you's to each interviewer at my top program. Handwritten, personalized, informing them they were #1 for me. I haven't sent anything else to anyone.

I just finally typed mine in Word this weekend just to have the laptop crash last night. I'm freaking out. I'm not really the best writer so it took quite a while to get them sounding good. Now the laptop is at a computer repair store that's probably gonna charge me $200-300 to fix it. I guess I can't b1tch too much about the cost...we'll be charging our patients way too much in a few years.
:eek:

Wow do people really spend this much time and thought on thank you notes? Mine were all done while watching hockey or b-ball on tv at 9pm at night and were all really casual and joking around about something specific during our interview to personalize it-but no thought or spell checking or grammar check went into my sloppy handwritten thank you cards.

I was the same way-I applied to only 4 programs and love 3 and could care less about the 4th so I sent nice notes to every person who interviewed me at each of those top 3 places-which was like 20 thank you notes-man oh man

Wow do people really spend this much time and thought on thank you notes? Mine were all done while watching hockey or b-ball on tv at 9pm at night and were all really casual and joking around about something specific during our interview to personalize it-but no thought or spell checking or grammar check went into my sloppy handwritten thank you cards.

I was the same way-I applied to only 4 programs and love 3 and could care less about the 4th so I sent nice notes to every person who interviewed me at each of those top 3 places-which was like 20 thank you notes-man oh man

Ditto on that!