Anyone fail naplex

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

D5WwithNSS

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am pretty sure I did. I took my exam today and didn't manage my time correctly 30 mins to answer 60 questions. basically freaked out at the end

Any advice cause I am going to have to retake it :scared:

---
EDIT: Passed! wow. unexpected.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I am pretty sure I did. I took my exam today and didn't manage my time correctly 30 mins to answer 60 questions. basically freaked out at the end

I'm still devastated from the Naplex I took last Thurs. I had about 20 or so questions with 30 mins left and guessed on many, including 4...5 math questions. I feel like I did ok on the rest of the exam, but the math really got me...so sad =(. I'm very sure I failed.

I'm still devastated from the Naplex I took last Thurs. I had about 20 or so questions with 30 mins left and guessed on many, including 4...5 math questions. I feel like I did ok on the rest of the exam, but the math really got me...so sad =(. I'm very sure I failed.

how did you study?

Members don't see this ad :)

Eventhough i finished the test, i definitely missed alot of even easy questions. Waiting for the result is painful as well. Im so sad i cant believe i missed those easy questions due to anxiety. I'll pray for all of us for a miracle...

Just wanted to post my experience, in case it helps ease any minds. I did horrible on the math portion. I know I missed at least 10. I also missed 16 easy counseling/MOA questions because I was freaked out after a string of math fill in the blanks that I bombed. So, coming out of the NAPLEX I knew I had AT LEAST 26 wrong...not to mention a handful of other questions I wasn't sure about. I went crazy for over a week waiting for my score. I knew that I failed. I cried almost every day. It was just the most stressful experience. After all of my freaking out though, I passed. So, even if you did awful on the math and missed easy questions...there's still hope!!

Just wanted to post my experience, in case it helps ease any minds. I did horrible on the math portion. I know I missed at least 10. I also missed 16 easy counseling/MOA questions because I was freaked out after a string of math fill in the blanks that I bombed. So, coming out of the NAPLEX I knew I had AT LEAST 26 wrong...not to mention a handful of other questions I wasn't sure about. I went crazy for over a week waiting for my score. I knew that I failed. I cried almost every day. It was just the most stressful experience. After all of my freaking out though, I passed. So, even if you did awful on the math and missed easy questions...there's still hope!!

No way i passed. I had so many questions left. I am an idiot. WHY DIDN"T I PACE MYSELF.

It will be interesting to see how many actually fail NAPLEX. The failure rate for NAPLEX is actually pretty low.

Dont worry , you will pass, I was so worry that I can't eat or sleep after exam, because I have so many questions that not covered in my lectures and I have no idea about a bunch of brand name drugs or MOA. I felt so study after the exam but I passed, you will pass too, just relax.

It looks like it :laugh:
No one I know in my class has failed NAPLEX so far

Given the low failing rates I doubt many would come out and say they failed either given the embarrassment. Based on the passing rates on the NABP website most schools will have around 5-10 students fail though.

Given the low failing rates I doubt many would come out and say they failed either given the embarrassment. Based on the passing rates on the NABP website most schools will have around 5-10 students fail though.

when i know for certain i failed i am going to tell everyone

Members don't see this ad :)
thanks! i really hope to god I pass. I am going to have to move to start this grad internship (I don't want to do at all) if I don't. I already am pretty depressed thinking about how i will have to leave my boyfriend and family

Oh I feel your pain. I took the naplex yesterday too and feel like I messed up a lot. I just blanked when it came to remembering certain brand/generics- all the easy stuff I should've remembered! I hope we both passed. Keep us posted!

thanks! i really hope to god I pass. I am going to have to move to start this grad internship (I don't want to do at all) if I don't. I already am pretty depressed thinking about how i will have to leave my boyfriend and family

Did you pass? Please tell us theres hope! I'm getting nerved up abt this test :(

im getting a PA license. and I have to wait by mail for the test results. The board of pharmacy said it should take 4-6 weeks. THE SUSPENSE IS KILLING ME!!!!

For the NAPlex? It should be posted on the NABP site..well either way hope it went well!!

Just took my naplex..not feeling too good about it..some stuff I knew..the other stuff I couldn't figure out..I got the most random questions about nonpharmacological stuff..Math didn't seem too bad definitely were a few I couldn't figure out but who knows..I just hope I passed :(

I took my NAPLEX yesterday and had the same experience. I was trying to pace myself throughout the test. But, some questions require time to THINK and RECALL things that are scattered somewhere in our brains...all while trying to manage anxiety!

I was so upset walking out because the last few questions were calculations (with multiple choice selections!), but I didn't have the time to sit there and actually work them out. I was forced to blindly select an answer, which completely sent me over edge. If I was confident in anything I studied for this test it was math.

I wish you could skip around and come back to questions.....only in a perfect world...*sigh*...It would definitely alleviate all the time issues though! If I pass this thing it will be by the grace of God....honestly!

For the NAPlex? It should be posted on the NABP site..well either way hope it went well!!

thanks!!! i hope you passed! :xf:

only certain states participate in online score NABP results. unfortunately...i have to wait the 4-6 weeks til my board sends a letter. my status on my licensure checklist for PA did go from uncheck to completed. but i scoured the internet and found that that only means that you completed the test. :scared:

thanks!!! i hope you passed! :xf:

only certain states participate in online score NABP results. unfortunately...i have to wait the 4-6 weeks til my board sends a letter. my status on my licensure checklist for PA did go from uncheck to completed. but i scoured the internet and found that that only means that you completed the test. :scared:

Ouch! That s a painful wait. Our scores come out in 1-2 business days, even THAT's painful!

Omg i passed naplex!!! I thought for sure i failed!!!!!! Def a hard test but as long as you know calc u are golden! Thank god!!!

Now onto MPJE!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: 1 user
I just found out today that I passed the naplex!! :soexcited:Just like almost everyone else here, I was very nervous before the exam. I was planning on taking the pre-naplex from NABP's website, but never really got around to it. The night before my exam I was thinking of taking the pre naplex, but then I started thinking if I don't do well, I won't have the confidence to do well on the actual exam, so I decided on not taking it. If you guys plan on taking the pre naplex, do take it at least 1 week before your actual exam, that way you will know where you stand and in which areas you need to improve.

A huge lesson learned is that it's very important to manage your time properly during the exam. You should take no more than about 1 min 30 seconds per question. I was double and triple checking my answers and ran out of time in the end. I had about 15 mins remaining with around 25 questions still left! That incorporated a string of about 10 math questions as well. I was completely freaking out since I was running out of time so I ended up guessing on the math questions I had in the end. You need to make sure you answer every question on the exam...there is a penalty for not answering all questions. Also, if you don't answer at least 162 of the questions, they don't give you a score...meaning you fail. Surprisingly, I had only about 15 or so math questions total in my entire exam...and 10 of them being in the end when I was running out of time really had me nervous and devastated. I walked out of the exam feeling extremely depressed and certain that I had failed since I guessed on those last math questions...plus I guessed on many other questions and made a few stupid mistakes on easy questions. Despite all of that, I still managed to pass with flying colors!

Here are some tips: pace yourself during the exam...time management is important. When you get to a patient profile, READ THE QUESTION FIRST, that way you know what they are getting at and what to look for. Pay attention to patient allergies as well. When an answer seems obvious to you, select it. Chances are you know the answer and they are not trying to trick you. It's not a very difficult exam guys, you can do it! Make sure you give yourself adequate time to study...at least 1 month! Also, make sure you know statistics...the Rxprep book statistics chapter does a good job summarizing it and making it clear as to exactly what you need to know.

Here is a list of all the resources I used for the exam:

1. RxPrep book - very very beneficial! It's to the point and incorporates pretty much all you need to know!

2. RxPrep question bank - I am not sure exactly how beneficial this was, but it is a good resource to understand the basic concepts of each topic. The questions pull out the important concepts from each chapter and allow you to test yourself on these concepts. Plus, I like quizzing myself, so the questions were good for practice.

3. APhA book - this book is way too detailed and a nightmare to study from, which I'm sure a lot of you know. I had this book before I purchased the Rxprep book...so I was kind of stuck having to study from it. I read about half of it. I also did the math questions and some end of the chapter questions from important topics such as ID, HIV, diabetes, and antipsychotics.

4. Finally, this is a MUST DO - 120 questions. These quetsions are very helpful in preparing you for the math portion of the exam...if you guys need me to send it to you, let me know.

Make sure to get a good night's sleep the night before the exam. If you have any questions about the exam, let me know. Again, this is not a difficult exam, it's not difficult to pass. Take a deep breath, relax, and pace yourself...you can do it!

I just found out today that I passed the naplex!! :soexcited:Just like almost everyone else here, I was very nervous before the exam. I was planning on taking the pre-naplex from NABP's website, but never really got around to it. The night before my exam I was thinking of taking the pre naplex, but then I started thinking if I don't do well, I won't have the confidence to do well on the actual exam, so I decided on not taking it. If you guys plan on taking the pre naplex, do take it at least 1 week before your actual exam, that way you will know where you stand and in which areas you need to improve.

A huge lesson learned is that it's very important to manage your time properly during the exam. You should take no more than about 1 min 30 seconds per question. I was double and triple checking my answers and ran out of time in the end. I had about 15 mins remaining with around 25 questions still left! That incorporated a string of about 10 math questions as well. I was completely freaking out since I was running out of time so I ended up guessing on the math questions I had in the end. You need to make sure you answer every question on the exam...there is a penalty for not answering all questions. Also, if you don't answer at least 162 of the questions, they don't give you a score...meaning you fail. Surprisingly, I had only about 15 or so math questions total in my entire exam...and 10 of them being in the end when I was running out of time really had me nervous and devastated. I walked out of the exam feeling extremely depressed and certain that I had failed since I guessed on those last math questions...plus I guessed on many other questions and made a few stupid mistakes on easy questions. Despite all of that, I still managed to pass with flying colors!

Here are some tips: pace yourself during the exam...time management is important. When you get to a patient profile, READ THE QUESTION FIRST, that way you know what they are getting at and what to look for. Pay attention to patient allergies as well. When an answer seems obvious to you, select it. Chances are you know the answer and they are not trying to trick you. It's not a very difficult exam guys, you can do it! Make sure you give yourself adequate time to study...at least 1 month! Also, make sure you know statistics...the Rxprep book statistics chapter does a good job summarizing it and making it clear as to exactly what you need to know.

Here is a list of all the resources I used for the exam:

1. RxPrep book - very very beneficial! It's to the point and incorporates pretty much all you need to know!

2. RxPrep question bank - I am not sure exactly how beneficial this was, but it is a good resource to understand the basic concepts of each topic. The questions pull out the important concepts from each chapter and allow you to test yourself on these concepts. Plus, I like quizzing myself, so the questions were good for practice.

3. APhA book - this book is way too detailed and a nightmare to study from, which I'm sure a lot of you know. I had this book before I purchased the Rxprep book...so I was kind of stuck having to study from it. I read about half of it. I also did the math questions and some end of the chapter questions from important topics such as ID, HIV, diabetes, and antipsychotics.

4. Finally, this is a MUST DO - 120 questions. These quetsions are very helpful in preparing you for the math portion of the exam...if you guys need me to send it to you, let me know.

Make sure to get a good night's sleep the night before the exam. If you have any questions about the exam, let me know. Again, this is not a difficult exam, it's not difficult to pass. Take a deep breath, relax, and pace yourself...you can do it!

were you getting all 100s on the rxprep quiz bank the first time? Like they say you must get...I am getting really nervous cause I didn't get 100s on any of the quizzes I took

Here you go, the 120 Calculation Q&A.

Attachments

• Calc Problem Collection 120 Q&A(1) 06.16.2011.pdf
    222.3 KB · Views: 682
I just took my naplex exam and I feel like I failed it too... I was crying on my way home. I did not finish the exam with 2 or 3 questions left unanswered and yes like everyone else, i feel like i did not answer the easy questions correctly and now the I am dying of the loooong wait for my results... never felt sooooooo horrible and yes.... I feel like miracle can only save me...:scared: guys, please pray for me... I don't want to go through the same horrific experience of retaking the NAPLEX...

I wished I was one of your classmates! I have to retake the exam!!!

Reading through everyone's post makes me feel more stupid than confident. Even people who acknowledged that they barely made it through pharmacy school passed NAPLEX the 1st time. I am not even motivated to study for the retake (in a couple of weeks). I am simply hoping I PASS this time...studying RxPrep & Kaplan. My head is EXPLODING with too much of information. I wished I knew what I did wrong, it would help me improve this time...so, I'm trying really hard to stay positive :(

It looks like it :laugh:
No one I know in my class has failed NAPLEX so far

I wished I was one of your classmates! I have to retake the exam!!!:scared::(:confused:

Reading through everyone's post makes me feel more stupid than confident. Even people who acknowledged that they barely made it through pharmacy school passed NAPLEX the 1st time. I am not even motivated to study for the retake (in a couple of weeks). I am simply hoping I PASS this time...studying RxPrep & Kaplan. My head is EXPLODING with too much of information. I wished I knew what I did wrong, it would help me improve this time...so, I'm trying really hard to stay positive;)

I just took my naplex exam and I feel like I failed it too... I was crying on my way home. I did not finish the exam with 2 or 3 questions left unanswered and yes like everyone else, i feel like i did not answer the easy questions correctly and now the I am dying of the loooong wait for my results... never felt sooooooo horrible and yes.... I feel like miracle can only save me...:scared: guys, please pray for me... I don't want to go through the same horrific experience of retaking the NAPLEX...

I bet you'll PASS just like everyone! I probably was reading my questions backward...who knows? I'll be more careful next time:)

You will definitely pass....look at me I also failed first time ...but this time I passed...so don't loose heart...just focus on your weak points ...you will be fine.
Exam is not tough you just need right material....

dont be depressed work on weak points and math, math and math
really know math
you will be fine! stay relaxed !!!good luck

You will definitely pass....look at me I also failed first time ...but this time I passed...so don't loose heart...just focus on your weak points ...you will be fine.
Exam is not tough you just need right material....

Thanks & Congrats again! Based on your experience, what do you think you did wrong the 1st time, but did right the 2nd time? I'm really eager to know... You can send me a private message if you wish. Thank you.

Last edited:
dont be depressed work on weak points and math, math and math
really know math
you will be fine! stay relaxed !!!good luck

My pharmacy math is pretty good, although the math questions I got in the exam were quite tough (& kept getting tougher - indicating that I was getting the correct answer), I still failed! I almost requested a re-grade, but just as I figured, according to people who asked for re-grade in the past, they only ended up paying $100 for nothing because the re-grade came back with the same score...

Oh, well I hope I pass this time:(:eek:

Last edited:
to all,
The first 12-14 questions are there to slow you down..DO not allow the NABP to do this to you. If you do not know an answer in the first 14 questions, guess and KEEP GOING. You can not run out of time.

no worries. if anyone was unprepared to take the exam, that would be me.. especially with all the chaos going on at home i couldn't concentrate with the studies. it wasn't till towards the last 2 weeks before the testing date i basically forced myself to study. (even then i dont think i was serious. i couldn't focus!). though i had so many materials to study from (purchased and passed on from others), due to time limit i only focused on two things: rxprep book and sdn 120 calc questions. that is ALL you will need.

to those that didn't make it the first time, may i ask what you studied with and how u prepared for it?

all you will need is rxprep book and 120 sdn calc questions. nothing more nothing less. just study those. i didnt' even study hard. i just try to get the "gist" of it if u will. i was prepared to fail and never at any given point did i feel prepared. let me tell you, no one will ever feel "prepared" going into this exam. it's just too much. but if u study with those two study materials i mentioned above, you will pass. i didn't even study hard but i still passed with well beyond passing score.

good luck to those. dont despair! u can do it!

My pharmacy math is EXCELLENT, although the math questions I got in the exam were quite tough (& kept getting tougher - indicating that I was getting the correct answer), I still failed! I almost requested a re-grade, but just as I figured, according to people who asked for re-grade in the past, they only ended up paying $100 for nothing because the re-grade came back with the same score...

Oh, well I hope I pass this time:(:eek:

Do the first math question wrong...u will see a lot of math, that is how this test works...once they know u r too good at something, no point asking u that...best of luk!

no worries. if anyone was unprepared to take the exam, that would be me.. especially with all the chaos going on at home i couldn't concentrate with the studies. it wasn't till towards the last 2 weeks before the testing date i basically forced myself to study. (even then i dont think i was serious. i couldn't focus!). though i had so many materials to study from (purchased and passed on from others), due to time limit i only focused on two things: rxprep book and sdn 120 calc questions. that is ALL you will need.

to those that didn't make it the first time, may i ask what you studied with and how u prepared for it?

all you will need is rxprep book and 120 sdn calc questions. nothing more nothing less. just study those. i didnt' even study hard. i just try to get the "gist" of it if u will. i was prepared to fail and never at any given point did i feel prepared. let me tell you, no one will ever feel "prepared" going into this exam. it's just too much. but if u study with those two study materials i mentioned above, you will pass. i didn't even study hard but i still passed with well beyond passing score.

good luck to those. dont despair! u can do it!
Thanks for helping me keep hope alive! I really like your post!!! The first time, I prepared for the exam with Kaplan. This time I'm using RxPrep & the 120 math questions (as you also suggested). Please pray for me everyone that I pass this time (NAPLEX has taken over my life & I don't really wanna go crazy, I want to stay alive & well for my kids - my greatest MOTIVATION for doing this in the first place). ...I hope I'll be back on this forum screaming - I PASSED NAPLEX!!! :))

Last edited:
Do the first math question wrong...u will see a lot of math, that is how this test works...once they know u r too good at something, no point asking u that...best of luk!

Unlike what most people said, to my amazement, I only got about 10 math questions (total) & they were very tough (I mean not as straight forward as most people experienced). I had to go through many steps to get to the required figures. Well, I'm trying really hard this time to leave no stone untouched in my preparation even if it is just glancing through some very boring topics. I was super nervous too because I have always hated standardized tests. I will also avoid going into the test stressed even if it means relaxing all day on the day before the exam...I MUST PASS this time ...no EXCUSE!:confused:

Unlike what most people said, to my amazement, I only got about 10 math questions (total) & they were very tough (I mean not as straight forward as most people experienced). I had to go through many steps to get to the required figures. Well, I'm trying really hard this time to leave no stone untouched in my preparation even if it is just glancing through some very boring topics. I was super nervous too because I have always hated standardized tests. I will also avoid going into the test stressed even if it means relaxing all day on the day before the exam...I MUST PASS this time ...no EXCUSE!:confused:

some of my friends only had about 10 math questions as well. i think i had about 30 to 40.. i didn't find them hard. i was actually thankful for these many math questions(thanks to practice questions floating around here.. they are easier than the practice questions on sdn 120 questions).

i don't know about kaplan. no one i know studied from kaplan for naplex especially cuz our school was selling rxprep book along with the quizbank. (but i did study kaplan for MPJE and did well)

u sound positive! positive attitude will only attract positive happenings. so keep going. i would be devastated too if i didn't make it the first time either. naplex already took over my life before i even started preparing for it. it was a stressful experience. so get it out of ur way this time. u can do it. remember, rxprep and 120 sdn math questions

Thanks for helping me keep hope alive! I really like your post!!! The first time, I prepared for the exam with Kaplan. This time I'm using RxPrep & the 120 math questions (as you also suggested). Please pray for me everyone that I pass this time (NAPLEX has taken over my life & I don't really wanna go crazy, I want to stay alive & well for my three kids - my greatest MOTIVATION for doing this in the first place). My exam is Friday October 19...I hope I'll be back on this forum screaming - I PASSED NAPLEX!!! :))

YES! YES!! YES!!!:soexcited::soexcited::soexcited: I finally PASSED NAPLEX!!! What an excruciating wait:confused: Though BP & heart rate sky-rocketed, the good news normalized EVERYTHING! Kudos to God & RxPrep book with online question bank. My exam was a lot tougher than the first one, but it seemed like I got at least one question from every chapter of RxPrep book. I graduated over a year ago, but RxPrep brought EVERYTHING back to LIFE. Thanks to everyone on this forum who encouraged me & wished me well, it is finally over. Since I already passed MPJE, I can confidently claim to be a LICENSED PHARMACIST....praise GOD!!!:hello::highfive::claps:

Reactions: 1 user
YES! YES!! YES!!!:soexcited::soexcited::soexcited: I finally PASSED NAPLEX!!! What an excruciating wait:confused: Though BP & heart rate sky-rocketed, the good news normalized EVERYTHING! Kudos to God & RxPrep book with online question bank. My exam was a lot tougher than the first one, but it seemed like I got at least one question from every chapter of RxPrep book. I graduated over a year ago, but RxPrep brought EVERYTHING back to LIFE. Thanks to everyone on this forum who encouraged me & wished me well, it is finally over. Since I already passed MPJE, I can confidently claim to be a LICENSED PHARMACIST....praise GOD!!!:hello::highfive::claps:
:thumbup: