Anyone taking August MCAT without orgo?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pslee

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am going to take the August MCAT without Orgo. Anyone on the same boat?

Members don't see this ad.

pslee said:
I am going to take the August MCAT without Orgo. Anyone on the same boat?

I have no orgo and I am taking the April. We will see what happens. I am using EK.

with zero organic, you might miss some easy points. I don't think its 100% necessary to have to score decently, but it makes it significantly harder since a lot of quick answer questions may instead be difficult.

i agree it will be harder, I think it will immediately take off 1-3 points of what you could get with it. Depends on how much well you understand it from EK alone.

Members don't see this ad :)
kevin86 said:
what about your other stuff, are they decent?

ARE YOU GUYS INSANE?

fractional distillation, spin-spin coupling, huckel's rule, sandmeyer reaction, saponification of esters, claisen condensation, alpha/beta unsaturated carbonyl, UV-vis, does any of this ring a bell to you?

why in god's name would you take a test which is weighted equally with your cumulative undergraduate career without the backbone preparation.

whatever, i don't mean to discourage you, but hopefully deter you from a path which seems to spell disaster

Z

I agree with one of the above-posters. Why would you take a test that has a section of 25-35% Organic without having taken it? I'm not sure those answers can be easily learned from a review book; that's why the course is a year long.