anyone who studied and improved score!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
K

KK82

Hi,

I already turned in my amcas and got an email from them saying it was processedd, they calculated my gpa and all...
I want to retake the mcat, but what happens to my application that has already probably reached med scools. Do they just wait for august scores and thn my eforts to apply early would have gone to waste?

ALSO, PLEASE TELL ME IF YOU THINK IT IS WORTH EVEN RETAKING THE TEST.

However i got a 26 on my mcat and think i can do better. I studied for the april exam like crazy. i did all kaplan tests (1-11r), took notes on explanations, did all princeton reveiw tests and did almost all Exam cracker 101 verbal passages. i studied for 8 months. I was scoring about 29s on kaplan. Does all this studying and horrible mcat score just eman that retaking it in august would be useless? On the april test day, I was just in some weird stressed zone and maybe that is why I went lower than my practice tests. on the other hand, 29 was my highest kaplan test, so I don't know if a bad day was to blame or if I am just hopeless with the mcat.

I even waited until after i graduated to take the mcat so i would have time, because I know that I am a bad stndardized test taker so i thought with insane practice I oculd break 30, my diagnostic was a 16. Am I just not going to do better. please advise

Members don't see this ad.

KK82 said:
Hi,

I already turned in my amcas and got an email from them saying it was processedd, they calculated my gpa and all...
I want to retake the mcat, but what happens to my application that has already probably reached med scools. Do they just wait for august scores and thn my eforts to apply early would have gone to waste?

ALSO, PLEASE TELL ME IF YOU THINK IT IS WORTH EVEN RETAKING THE TEST.

However i got a 26 on my mcat and think i can do better. I studied for the april exam like crazy. i did all kaplan tests (1-11r), took notes on explanations, did all princeton reveiw tests and did almost all Exam cracker 101 verbal passages. i studied for 8 months. I was scoring about 29s on kaplan. Does all this studying and horrible mcat score just eman that retaking it in august would be useless? On the april test day, I was just in some weird stressed zone and maybe that is why I went lower than my practice tests. on the other hand, 29 was my highest kaplan test, so I don't know if a bad day was to blame or if I am just hopeless with the mcat.

I even waited until after i graduated to take the mcat so i would have time, because I know that I am a bad stndardized test taker so i thought with insane practice I oculd break 30, my diagnostic was a 16. Am I just not going to do better. please advise

Call or e-mail AAMC to get the right answer. They are very helpful. I asked them two big questions and they answered me clearly.