Aobnp

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Karen

10+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was just wondering if anyone could tell me about their experience with becoming board certified by the Osteopathic Psychiatry Board (AOBNP).

What do you recommend studying for the Osteopathic written part?
Are there really any manual medicine questions?
How does the written test compare with our MD counterpart's test by the ABPN?

Is there an advantage to becoming certified by the ABPN if you are a DO?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

You need it to be a PD in the DO world. Outside of that I can't think of any reason it's necessary.

I was just wondering if anyone could tell me about their experience with becoming board certified by the Osteopathic Psychiatry Board (AOBNP).

What do you recommend studying for the Osteopathic written part?
Are there really any manual medicine questions?
How does the written test compare with our MD counterpart's test by the ABPN?

Is there an advantage to becoming certified by the ABPN if you are a DO?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Can you even do this? I think that a requirement of the ABPN is to have graduated from an ACGME residency.

Members don't see this ad :)
You need it to be a PD in the DO world. Outside of that I can't think of any reason it's necessary.

Seems like a good idea for employers (ins panels too?) requireing BE/BC practicioners.

DO residents are allowed into MD residencies these days. Does any one have any experience with the Osteopathic Board?

DO residents are allowed into MD residencies these days. Does any one have any experience with the Osteopathic Board?

Yes. I thought you were referring to DO residency then ABPN.