Apply this year? Preliminary School List included

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MyNameStitch

7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Thank you for your reply!
If I may ask, how many schools do you think I should apply to in order to have a decent chance of getting in somewhere?
Also, being a science major, do you think getting A's in upper level sciences this semester would demonstrate the academic competency my sGPA doesn't?

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you for your reply!
If I may ask, how many schools do you think I should apply to in order to have a decent chance of getting in somewhere?
Also, being a science major, do you think getting A's in upper level sciences this semester would demonstrate the academic competency my sGPA doesn't?
Around 15 good choices for MD not including "reaches".
You still need to get past the screener (and they may not be reading that deeply!). That's your hurdle.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm just a pre-med too (applying this year), but my numbers are similar to yours. Other schools I am looking at that you should maybe research into:
EVMS
OUWB
Tulane
Quinnipiac (Netter)
TCMC

Reactions: 1 user
Komorebi, thanks I'm looking at all of those but probably won't add Tulane and OUWB due to location.

Reactions: 1 user
Around 15 good choices for MD not including "reaches".
You still need to get past the screener (and they may not be reading that deeply!). That's your hurdle.

Thank you for your input, gyngyn. Still on the rails as to whether to apply or not but your input was helpful