Are my chances ruined?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

satsarugi

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So all my PharmCAS and supplemental materials were received in December. I had a 3.49 GPA total, and a PCAT composite of 95. However, last semester someone close just passed away and not to be too emotional, but I just couldn't deal with it and I bombed anatomy 1 and physics 2, with a D and C-. Now the transcript updates are due soon, have yet to receive any emails for interviews and I'm wondering: did I just blow it? Are my chances gone just like that? Should I give up any hope this time and just wait out for next fall semester to reapply? Apologize if I sounded too dramatic. I'm just looking for honest advice, thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

If your stuff were just sent in December, I'm not surprised that you haven't heard anything by now since it's only the beginning of January. Wait it out, I'm sure you'll hear something soon because your GPA and PCAT are really good. Just focus on retaking those classes for now in case you do get interviews and wind up getting in, these classes won't ruin your chances.

You didn't blow your chances. You were totally fine up until that point. Just retake the classes and you'll be fine.

Besides, sorry to hear of this individual's passing.

I think you may have to re-take anatomy since it may be a pre-req for the schools you are applying to. But in all honesty, you seem to still have a good chance (decent GPA and high PCAT) so don't give up hope!! Definitely re-take the courses to prove you can handle these classes and keep pushing forward! Good luck!