Did I just ruin my chances of geting in?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

axelz165

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
4th year senior. This semester i took 12 credits: Evolutionary Developmental Biology, Theatre Appreciation, Survey of Architecture, and a Nutrition class for my major. So far i'm looking at a C+. C. C, and C- this semester. I'm afraid my GPA is going to drop to sub 3.2. I have honestly never had a GPA this low in my entire college career (even freshman year). I won't pass my nutrition class that i need to graduate so i'll have to take an extra semester.

I honestly can't think of any solid reason as to why I allowed this to happen other, especially with such seemingly easy classes, other than being heavily involved with an organization that i garnered a few awards in. Did I completely ruin my chances in pharm school? Or would I be able to salvage them with the next two semesters I have...

Members don't see this ad.

Did I completely ruin my chances in pharm school?

That's a tad dramatic.. I think it depends on multiple factors though. PCAT, experience, volunteer, other coursework, what schools you are applying to specifically.....

Sorry if it sounds dramatic. It's just all hitting me right now that I'll be getting a ~2.0 GPA and have to attend and extra semester of college. As for volunteer experience in a pharmacy I guess it'll give me more opportunities...

Members don't see this ad :)
Sorry if it sounds dramatic. It's just all hitting me right now that I'll be getting a ~2.0 GPA and have to attend and extra semester of college. As for volunteer experience in a pharmacy I guess it'll give me more opportunities...

I wasn't trying to be rude so sorry if it came off that way. I know the feeling of being overly stressed about anything ruining my chances of getting into pharmacy school. I just meant that one semester of C's really shouldn't ruin your chances if you have always kept good grades/good GPA and have other redeeming qualities on your application:luck:

No, as long as you have a decent grade trend and other qualities mentioned above. Also, you better be able to discuss an explain your reason for the grades whether in your essay or if granted an interview which may be open file. Other than that keep your head up and this hasn't ruined your chances.

It's senioritis! We all get that during the final year/semester/quarter. You will still get accepted to pharmacy school. It's easy to get an interview, the hard part is ACING that interview and the darn essay!

No, as long as you have a decent grade trend and other qualities mentioned above. Also, you better be able to discuss an explain your reason for the grades whether in your essay or if granted an interview which may be open file. Other than that keep your head up and this hasn't ruined your chances.

It's senioritis! We all get that during the final year/semester/quarter. You will still get accepted to pharmacy school. It's easy to get an interview, the hard part is ACING that interview and the darn essay!

I am pretty sure that most rejections take place pre-interview (i.e., not getting an interview in the first place) but maybe I am misunderstanding you.

4th year senior. This semester i took 12 credits: Evolutionary Developmental Biology, Theatre Appreciation, Survey of Architecture, and a Nutrition class for my major. So far i'm looking at a C+. C. C, and C- this semester. I'm afraid my GPA is going to drop to sub 3.2. I have honestly never had a GPA this low in my entire college career (even freshman year). I won't pass my nutrition class that i need to graduate so i'll have to take an extra semester.

I honestly can't think of any solid reason as to why I allowed this to happen other, especially with such seemingly easy classes, other than being heavily involved with an organization that i garnered a few awards in. Did I completely ruin my chances in pharm school? Or would I be able to salvage them with the next two semesters I have...

Chances are completely ruined. :laugh: