Are we responsible for these topics?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TheAnonymous

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

Sorry if it's been asked already but I just wanted to confirm whether or not we are responsible for any concepts related to rotational movement besides torque. Like angular velocity, angular acceleration, angular momentum, etc.

Thanks,

Members don't see this ad.

Yes; both linear and rotational kinematics and their following principles are fair game.

https://www.aamc.org/students/download/85562/data/ps_topics.pdf

I don't see anything referring to angular movement other than torque.

It specifically refers to linear momentum.

I haven't taken the test, but my plan would be to be comfortable using the equations and working with the topics, but the formulas likely aren't worth memorizing. I would bet that if the problems do arise they will be in the context of a passage where formulas or data are given.

Hello,

Sorry if it's been asked already but I just wanted to confirm whether or not we are responsible for any concepts related to rotational movement besides torque. Like angular velocity, angular acceleration, angular momentum, etc.

Thanks,

A very basic level of torque and inertia are required. Inertia tends to be discussed in relation to rolling and rotating things.

I don't recall the Guide to the MCAT listing, "angular velocity, angular acceleration, angular momentum." Unless they do, anything about that is probably covered under the inertia umbrella and very limited in depth.

Thank you all. I think we are not responsible for any radian related stuff but as you said, might show up in a passage so I guess I will review them briefly. Thanks guys.