Ask a radiology attending anything

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
M4 here recently made the decision to go into rads and not ortho. I liked both. Tbh this post kinda pushed me in that direction. Being able to do tele rads seems too sweet to pass up. Also, realized I dont like working with my hands as much. Didn't like the thought of building a practice either.

1. What advice do you have for a med student looking to get into telerads after residency/fellowship?
2. Which parts of the country seem to get the best job offers? (looking to move to florida). Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Do you ever get bored from your work? Or due to your work hours/environment

Reactions: 1 user
I’m a fourth year medical student that needs to decide on a specialty pretty soon. Can you give me some more insight on what you like about your job, and how it would compare to something like anesthesia. Also, if you could go back and choose again, would you pick radiology?

Members don't see this ad :)
I know a lot of doctors who literally have no savings. They spend $4k a month in rent and live on top of a tower with amazing views and more space than they need and drive $100k Telsas.

I personally purchased a home that was 1/3 of what the maxium loan I could get. I didn't buy a new car. I didn't go to Europe or Africa every 5 months. And I am now $60k from a net worth of $1 million at 38.5 years old. I'm about to buy a bunch of 3-4 condos in places that I think will be gentrified in 10 years where a subway is being built in 7. In the next month I will purchase homes that I plan to live in when I have one kid and then a different one when I have 2-3. I will rent them out until I finally reproduce. I plan to retire at 60 with $4-5 mill net worth and travel the world or do whatever I want.
I was curious how this plan is coming along. My one wish is that I had the means 7 years ago to buy a house or two

I was curious how this plan is coming along. My one wish is that I had the means 7 years ago to buy a house or two
7 years later. I purchased a triplex next to the future subway station. I moved to a condo next to the train but I couldn't keep it because they didn't allow me to rent it out. I ended up moving to a suburb and buying a house there. Then a bigger house in our favorite neighborhood went up for sale and we purchased it and am renting out the old house. We moved right after we had our second kid.

That prediction came out pretty good. I was to low on the estimated net worth and I doubt I will retire at 60 because I would be bored. Once my second kid makes it into college then I will probably work half time.

Reactions: 1 user