Ask A Scholl Ambassador

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SCPMAmb1

Scholl Ambassador
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I have been a frequent reader of the SDN podiatry forums for quite some time. Recently I was picked to become a Scholl Ambassador at Scholl College of Podiatric Medicine. As an ambassador I am in charge of giving tours to prospective students and representing SCPM at different conferences and SCPM events throughout the year.

The point of this thread is to answer questions about Scholl college from a "student perspective". The admissions staff has approved this thread but they will not influence what I will say and will not say about my personal experiences at Scholl.

I will only answer questions pertaining to SCPM and will NOT answer questions concerning other schools. Any Scholl vs Pod school X questions will be ignored. I will also not comment on why I chose Scholl over other schools when I interviewed. Everything else is fair game.

Since I am a P1 student I will try to answer all questions to the best of my ability. Some questions I may not be able to answer because I do not have the information to make an accurate statement.

If you were recently accepted to Scholl please feel free to join the SCPM 2015 facebook group here: http://www.facebook.com/#!/home.php?sk=group_166662066706516&ap=1

Also if you want to learn more about what SCPM is all about please read the P1 student blog by my fellow classmate Peter at RFUpodiatry.com which can be found here: http://rfupodiatry.com/wordpress/

If you would like to contact a Scholl Ambassador directly you can do so by going here: http://www.rosalindfranklin.edu/dnn...Admissions/Ambassadors/tabid/400/Default.aspx

Lastly, if you would like a real-time Q&A session with a current SCPM Ambassador we can schedule a skype session if you would like. Please PM me for details about that.

Thank you!

SCPMAmb1

Members don't see this ad.

Welcome! I hope applicants use this opportunity to speak with an actual student.

Thanks janv88 and Ankle Breaker for the warm welcome. I've been reading the forums for awhile now and I know you two are very pro Scholl. You two do keep things in perspective and have commented on both the positives and negatives of Scholl in the past as well. I appreciate that a lot since I am also a fellow P1 student. I think its necessary that we are all upfront about what we like and don't like about SCPM.

Today we had several students interview at SCPM. In case any of the students who applied today read the SDN forums I just wanted to thank everyone for coming and we are all hoping you decide to make SCPM home come next Fall!

For any other prospective students who might be interviewing in the near future please feel free to post your questions on this thread or you can PM me if you would like. I would be more than happy to help.

We could always Skype as well! I know students might shy away from that but myself and the SCPM admissions are really hoping this is something that could take off. There is only so much you can say within an email. A face to face conversation with a Scholl Ambassador would be a great opportunity prepare you for your interview day or to get more feedback about SCPM after the interview.

Good luck to all you future applicants!

Members don't see this ad :)
New posts by fellow P1 classmate Pete. Check them out at: http://rfupodiatry.com/wordpress/

I've received several PMs from prospective students since this thread has gone live. I hope I've been helpful enough for all of you out there. If anyone has any other questions about Scholl please feel free to post on the thread or you can always PM me.

Good luck to the remaining applicants who are applying to podiatry schools right now!

Thanks SCPMAmb1 for all the important info regarding Scholl. I am a perspective pod student who is really interested in attending Scholl College of Podiatric Medicine. I just wanted to know more about the new panel interview system which Scholl just adopted. I get really nervous during the interview. How long is the interview? Is it open profile or closed profile. What kind of questions does the committee asks?? How can one best prepare for the interview?? How much emphasizes does the committee put on the interview of a candidate? Sorry for so many questions. Thanks in advance!

Thanks SCPMAmb1 for all the important info regarding Scholl. I am a perspective pod student who is really interested in attending Scholl College of Podiatric Medicine. I just wanted to know more about the new panel interview system which Scholl just adopted. I get really nervous during the interview. How long is the interview? Is it open profile or closed profile. What kind of questions does the committee asks?? How can one best prepare for the interview?? How much emphasizes does the committee put on the interview of a candidate? Sorry for so many questions. Thanks in advance!

Hi superpod17,

The panel interview system has been going for the last couple application cycles. Now prospective students are interviewed by 2-3 other individuals at the same time. Nothing more, nothing less. At times there may be a student in the room but this occurs rarely (from what I've seen and heard). Depending on whether you are interested in research or not might influence who is on your interview panel. I remember when i was going through my interview I was really interested in research. Therefore they plugged a professor from the CLEAR lab here at Scholl as one of my interviewers so he could get a better understanding of what I had accomplished with my past research as an undergrad and what I was looking to accomplish with CLEAR.

If you are not interested in research then you will most likely have 2-3 basic science professors conducting your interview. There might be another individual from the admissions staff who might sit in your interview as well.

Come prepared for the interview. It was rather laid back for me. It was more conversational and i felt they didn't grill me on the specifics of my application. They might throw out some scenarios and then ask you what would you do next (at least this occurred during my interview).

Just make sure to review your application the night before and be prepared to talk about anything that might be negative about your application (i.e. red flags)

Also be prepared to answer the "why podiatry?" and "why scholl?" questions. These will be asked for sure.

are you still answering questions from prospective students?