Ask Doctor Strange anything

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Why is it that I can get a huge egg and cheese hoagie for $2 in Philly but Portland tries to sell me a bagel with cream cheese for $4?
the health consciousness of the general population of philadelphia is probably a little lower than that of portland

that said the food trucks here are awesomeeeeee

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
What is the best way to use active learning method to memorize everything? If you don't know, then what has worked for you so far?
Memorizing everything is preposterous and should not be a goal that you strive to obtain. In terms of medical school, what has worked for me so far is being able to apply the knowledge that I've learned. Whether it be with practice questions, case studies, or real life patients, I try to link concepts with something more concrete. Memorizing will get you places in medicine, but being able to apply that knowledge and seeing the whole picture will get you much further.
How do you feel about Bill O' Riley?
Taylor_Swift_Gif5.gif

Why is it that I can get a huge egg and cheese hoagie for $2 in Philly but Portland tries to sell me a bagel with cream cheese for $4?
Because food is love here, and we are the City of Brotherly Love.

Reactions: 3 users
I have an important question for you. How will the Avengers defeat Ultron? How is Captain America going to stand a chance against Iron Man in CA3?

Members don't see this ad :)
I have an important question for you. How will the Avengers defeat Ultron? How is Captain America going to stand a chance against Iron Man in CA3?
That's a good question. My thought is that Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver, and Vision will have an integral role. From the trailer, it looks like at least the first two are initially on Ultron's side, but that will definitely change by the end of the movie. As far as Captain America goes, if they're going to vaguely follow the comics, all of the super heroes will be split, so Captain America will probably get some heavy hitters on his team. Also, although it hasn't been shown as much in the movies, Captain America is a master fighter and tactician and has beaten Iron Man on several occasions in the comics.

But really all I care about at this point is the Doctor Strange movie.

Reactions: 1 user
That's a good question. My thought is that Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver, and Vision will have an integral role. From the trailer, it looks like at least the first two are initially on Ultron's side, but that will definitely change by the end of the movie. As far as Captain America goes, if they're going to vaguely follow the comics, all of the super heroes will be split, so Captain America will probably get some heavy hitters on his team. Also, although it hasn't been shown as much in the movies, Captain America is a master fighter and tactician and has beaten Iron Man on several occasions in the comics.

But really all I care about at this point is the Doctor Strange movie.
I think the cinematic universe has been forged for sex appeal. I just don't see how Doctor Strange fits in there, see as he's so powerful. The cinematic fans just want to see RDJ and Chris Evans kick ass. Just look at what Iron Man's role in Avenger's.

I think the cinematic universe has been forged for sex appeal. I just don't see how Doctor Strange fits in there, see as he's so powerful. The cinematic fans just want to see RDJ and Chris Evans kick ass. Just look at what Iron Man's role in Avenger's.
I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of DOCTOR STRANGE IS HOTTTTTTTTT!!!
5QXiVMJ.jpg

Crashing thread again to see if there'll be a debate here. I grew up with and loved both of these movies. But I'd have to say, Aliens takes the cake based on suspense and character development. :)
In the past, I've given a slight edge to Terminator 2, but you're definitely right about Aliens having more suspense and character development. Also, it's hard to top this:
Ripley-Power-Loader.jpg

Members don't see this ad :)
In the past, I've given a slight edge to Terminator 2, but you're definitely right about Aliens having more suspense and character development. Also, it's hard to top this:
Ripley-Power-Loader.jpg
Hahaha, and her last words before blasting her out of the air lock!

I don't hate him. Just not the best choice here, in my opinion. Strange is a little bit older and rougher around the edges... Cumberbatch is too... pretty.

Pretty is not the word I would have chosen to describe Cumberbatch. He has a bit of a reputation for being so strange looking that he did the loop around the spectrum and came back to handsome :D

Pretty is not the word I would have chosen to describe Cumberbatch. He has a bit of a reputation for being so strange looking that he did the loop around the spectrum and came back to handsome :D
Yeah, no, I don't mean pretty in the traditional sense... Just in the "young and boy-ish" sense.

I have a question about how the admission committee reviews interviews. I had two interviews, and one of them went REALLY well, while the other one didn't go as well as I wanted to. I feel like I didn't come off in the best way possible. How do you think this will play into my acceptance?

I don't hate him. Just not the best choice here, in my opinion. Strange is a little bit older and rougher around the edges... Cumberbatch is too... pretty.

I get what you mean. He may not be classically handsome like a Brad Pitt is, but he's still got legions of people with a crush on him..

That being said, he is a great Sherlock. I'm not too familiar with the Doctor Strange storyline, so I might have an easier time accepting him. :p

Scoctor Strange, what is currently your favorite song?

"Blank Space" by Taylor Swift has been my mainstay for the past month or so, but I've recently been listening to a lot of Vance Joy, and this song is currently my jam...

Hell yes, Strange. This is my jam as well; I literally just listened to it on the way home from the gym via YouTube. I think she is so cute in the shake it off music video <3!
Also, Kiesza: Hideaway. Her voice literally gives me a boner.. Okay, too much information. Carry on.

Hell yes, Strange. This is my jam as well; I literally just listened to it on the way home from the gym via YouTube. I think she is so cute in the shake it off music video <3!
Also, Kiesza: Hideaway. Her voice literally gives me a boner.. Okay, too much information. Carry on.
Taylor Swift is my one true love.
1416160420-taylor-blank-space-smile.gif

Reactions: 2 users
How would you handle this situation? your best friend's girlfriend is madly in love with you. You don't like her and worse she is your best friend's woman. She tells you that if you don't sleep with her she will tell your best friend you tried to hit on her and you are stalking her all the time. You don't have any written record to defend yourself.
What do you do?

How would you handle this situation? your best friend's girlfriend is madly in love with you. You don't like her and worse she is your best friend's woman. She tells you that if you don't sleep with her she will tell your best friend you tried to hit on her and you are stalking her all the time. You don't have any written record to defend yourself.
What do you do?
Make it very clear that you're not interested. If she doesn't back off, then just be honest and tell the best friend that his girlfriend has been making advances towards you, and it makes you feel uncomfortable. You're his best friend, so you guys should be able to discuss this.
Will Jefferson ever love me?
giphy.gif

Reactions: 1 users
Blank Space by Taylor Swift is terrible, you're totally enjoying it ironically right?

Also, now that I'm on winter break, I can finally catch up on comic books, where should I start?

the health consciousness of the general population of philadelphia is probably a little lower than that of portland

that said the food trucks here are awesomeeeeee

I take it you've never eaten from food trucks in portland, have ya?

Blank Space by Taylor Swift is terrible, you're totally enjoying it ironically right?

Also, now that I'm on winter break, I can finally catch up on comic books, where should I start?
Blank Space is awesome. Haters gonna hate. In any case, I would look into either Witch Doctor or Green Wake. They're pretty short and sweet and gives you a nice break from some of the more mainstream stuff, which has honestly just got cray.
This one's better IMO:

Yes! Love this one, too. I've been listening to his album and EP for the past week.

Oh is the third volume of Witch Doctor out on trade? I've been following that one for a while and liked it too. What's Green Wake about, seems interesting.

And the craziness of the mainstream stuff, are you referring to that Axis mess going on, or that Time Runs Out Incursion business. I'm trying to go back but there's a lot to cover.

And Blank Space is still awful.

Oh is the third volume of Witch Doctor out on trade? I've been following that one for a while and liked it too. What's Green Wake about, seems interesting.

And the craziness of the mainstream stuff, are you referring to that Axis mess going on, or that Time Runs Out Incursion business. I'm trying to go back but there's a lot to cover.

And Blank Space is still awful.
I think Mal Practice is the last thing that was out, so if you're caught up with that, then that's all there is so far. Green Wake was a short-lived psychological-horror/mystery series that only ran for ten of the planned twenty-five issues, but I still found that it wrapped up quite nicely despite its hurried close. In any case, it's about a bunch of people that end up in this place called Green Wake. They don't know why they're there, and there's no escaping. It's one of those comics that makes you think and ****, which is a nice change from your standard superhero comic. Writing and artwork are second to none.

AXIS and this other jazz is just ridiculous. Who the hell let this happen?

Happy Birthday, you Sorcerer Supreme you.

doctor-strange-pinball1.jpg