Ask your random questions about AADSAS here!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
For the colleges attended part, it says "(Paid)" next to names of the colleges I have attended. Does that mean that AADSAS received my transcripts even though my status doesn't show it?

Members don't see this ad.

I have been pretty chill since I hit the e-submit button, but today marks 8 days since I sent out my transcript to ADEA and still the status is "not received." I checked with my undergrad, and they're sure that transcript has been mailed out on 6/6 to the correct address. Granted it has only been 6 business days and they say allow 7-10 business days for the transcript to be processed. Should I start doing something about this?

I submitted my app a week ago and started to get secondary applications from schools. However, 3 of my evaluators still haven't submitted my LOR. Should I wait for them to submit before I pay so that they do not review my application without these?

Members don't see this ad :)
I submitted my app a week ago and started to get secondary applications from schools. However, 3 of my evaluators still haven't submitted my LOR. Should I wait for them to submit before I pay so that they do not review my application without these?
Doesn't matter. If I were you, I'd submit the secondaries now just to get them out of the way and hopefully have them processed by the time the LOR's come in

Regarding the work experience section, I worked as a tutor at my community college for two years and stopped working there when I transferred to a university. After I graduated from the university, I am now working as a tutor again at the same community college. So how should I report this work experience? So do I report it once or twice?

Regarding the work experience section, I worked as a tutor at my community college for two years and stopped working there when I transferred to a university. After I graduated from the university, I am now working as a tutor again at the same community college. So how should I report this work experience? So do I report it once or twice?
If you don't have 9 other things to fill the work experience section, I would list it twice with the appropriate dates for each one. Otherwise, see if you can squeeze in a short aside that says you took a break from tutoring. If not, just report that dates without including the gap (first date-present) and include the correct number of hours. If anyone asks about your tutoring, you will be able to explain.

If we uploaded our letters via interfolio, did you guys just leave the evaulator's address blank? I don't think it's a required box

When your inputing your awards, honors and scholarships. What is the "include on coversheet"?

Doesn't matter. If I were you, I'd submit the secondaries now just to get them out of the way and hopefully have them processed by the time the LOR's come in

if the app is complete, do schools not look at it until they receive the secondaries?

Is not taking Physics and biochem by the time you apply decrease your chances? I plan to finish them before I graduate next year.

What if you do not waive your right to access a LOR that is submitted via interfolio?

After we e-submit, the deadline to submit virtually all the supplementals from all schools is around October, correct?

Members don't see this ad :)
Quick question, I was a graduate student in a population bio, ecology, evolution program and I'm wondering how to classify a course. It's IBS 699R - Advanced Graduate Research. IBS stands for integrated biological sciences so this SHOULD go under biology right?

Quick question, I was a graduate student in a population bio, ecology, evolution program and I'm wondering how to classify a course. It's IBS 699R - Advanced Graduate Research. IBS stands for integrated biological sciences so this SHOULD go under biology right?

Yes biology.

Reactions: 1 user

Yes it does.

if the app is complete, do schools not look at it until they receive the secondaries?
The majority of schools will need your secondary complete to look at your application. For schools that say "submit secondary immediately after application" or something, you won't get an interview until the secondary is complete.

If we uploaded our letters via interfolio, did you guys just leave the evaulator's address blank? I don't think it's a required box
I submitted via interfolio and didn't fill the address part out. When the letters were received though, it said on the pdf of my application that the address for all my evaluators was Washington, DC. I might call AADSAS and ask if that matters.

When your inputing your awards, honors and scholarships. What is the "include on coversheet"?
You pick 3 things from each section (awards, job experience, etc.) that you want to show on your "cover sheet". It's like a shortened version of your professional experiences, with whatever you most want them to see :)

If I was a free medical assistant at a summer camp, should I put "volunteer" in the title? Or does it look better without?

I read through the adea aadsas instructions, could see where it said yes or no -- can we not add additional schools after submitting anymore?

What if you do not waive your right to access a LOR that is submitted via interfolio?
I don't think schools will take that letter as serious though if they find out, since most schools require you to waive the right to see it. Honestly though, my dentist showed me his letter and asked for feedback before submitting it directly to AADSAS. It was already a stellar letter so of course I did not want him to change anything. In short, if you must/can see it just do it under the table.

For my fellow applicants who have done FAP already, I have a couple of questions for you guys.

Based on AADSAS FAP information tab, it states:

Required tax returns are based on your dependency status and tax filing status.
  • If you were 25 years old before Jan. 1, 1991, you are required to provide 1040 tax forms, W2s, W9s or 1099s for yourself and your spouse, if married.
  • If you were or will be 25 years old on or after Jan. 1, 1991, you are required to provide 1040 tax forms, W2s, W9s or 1099s for yourself, your spouse (if applicable) and your parents/guardians, or a letter of explanation if you are unable to submit all required documents.
So.. I was born in 1989 and am I supposed to send copies of my parents' tax information as well??

I mean.. is it stating that unless you are 50 years old applicant in this cycle, you need to verify your parents' financial information??

Anyone can clarify on this matter?? Thank you for your reply in advance guys.

I've seen people's transcripts being received and verified within a week. I submitted June 1st and sent all my transcripts then too but only one of them has been processed by them and was received in June 8th. I mention this because I want to know if I should re-send them. Don't want to see all my efforts to be early be thwarted because of this. What do you all recommend?

Also, should I perhaps submit them to AADSAS's express mailbox?

Everyone, give your transcripts time. Just take a deep breath and relax. It takes time and they don't always update at the same time. One of my transcripts took an extra week and a half last year even though I requested them on the same day.

I've seen people's transcripts being received and verified within a week. I submitted June 1st and sent all my transcripts then too but only one of them has been processed by them and was received in June 8th. I mention this because I want to know if I should re-send them. Don't want to see all my efforts to be early be thwarted because of this. What do you all recommend?

Also, should I perhaps submit them to AADSAS's express mailbox?
Don't resend. Mine took like 3 weeks last year from when it should have been "delivered". Just chill.

Need opinion. I have 3 LOR's already and am getting 1 more. I have 2 choices: one dentist that I volunteer with but he's pretty busy and not sure if will put in the time to write a great letter. OR my supervisor from my tutoring job that I've had for almost a year. I'm sure he'll write a nice one. This last letter is more of an attesting to my character type of letter. I already have 2 science and 1 dentist already.

So apparently the "Transcript Request Forms" aren't mandatory?
I just called AADSAS and that's what i was told. Did anyone experience any delay on their application etc. for not having the Transcript Request Forms attached to their transcripts?
I took courses in 4 different institutions and it'd really be much simpler for me if i could just order the transcripts by itself without this "request form" stuff.

Need opinion. I have 3 LOR's already and am getting 1 more. I have 2 choices: one dentist that I volunteer with but he's pretty busy and not sure if will put in the time to write a great letter. OR my supervisor from my tutoring job that I've had for almost a year. I'm sure he'll write a nice one. This last letter is more of an attesting to my character type of letter. I already have 2 science and 1 dentist already.
Supervisor from tutoring. You already have a dentist letter, get a really good character one

Why is AADSAS called AADSAS? The acronym is too long and too difficult to remember :(

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Few questions:

1) If I do not have any work experience, do I just leave that section blank on the application?
2) What do I put as the position title under research experience? Undergraduate researcher?
3) What type of things exactly count as academic enrichment program? Does attending a pre-dental day event at a dental school count?

Thanks!

Few questions:

1) If I do not have any work experience, do I just leave that section blank on the application?
2) What do I put as the position title under research experience? Undergraduate researcher?
3) What type of things exactly count as academic enrichment program? Does attending a pre-dental day event at a dental school count?

Thanks!
1) Yes. Dig deep though and see if you can find something that you were paid for (tutoring counts). But if not, leave it blank
2) Yes.
3) I don't think that would count, but I'm not sure. I think that's stuff like courses you might take. If they had like a waxing course at the pre-dental day, that might count. Don't worry about this one being blank if you don't have anything

So I have this truly random question about the supplemental photo. Last year I had my photo taken for a study abroad program and I was wearing casual cloth that college students wear to school. When it got cropped to 2x2 only my face is visible and just a little bit of the non-professional clothing. I looked okay that day, so can I just send that photo to schools that ask for it? I honestly don't want to dress up just to retake the photo.

My AP credits on my official transcripts do not specify which courses were taken, only the credits earned. How did you guys handle this? Has this been a problem for anyone else? Thanks.

I just called AADSAS and that's what i was told. Did anyone experience any delay on their application etc. for not having the Transcript Request Forms attached to their transcripts?
I took courses in 4 different institutions and it'd really be much simpler for me if i could just order the transcripts by itself without this "request form" stuff.
I sent both of my transcripts June 1 without a transcript request form and my gpa has already been verified so I would say no it doesn't have a huge affect on it.

It really doesn't take that long to do. Stop being lazy and do it. You will feel much better knowing you did it the right way.

So I have this truly random question about the supplemental photo. Last year I had my photo taken for a study abroad program and I was wearing casual cloth that college students wear to school. When it got cropped to 2x2 only my face is visible and just a little bit of the non-professional clothing. I looked okay that day, so can I just send that photo to schools that ask for it? I honestly don't want to dress up just to retake the photo.
Yes, that's fine.

For my LORs, one of my evaluator's emails is supposedly improperly formatted, but it's not. It won't send because of it. It has a .net address; idk if that has anything to do with it. Has anyone else had a similar issue?

Last cycle I e-submitted to one school, late, then decided that I needed more time to study for the DAT so I withdrew before my application was completed. This cycle I think I'm considered a re-applicant. When I was going over my activities I think I under calculated a lot of my volunteer hours. If I retroactively add volunteer hours, do you think schools will look down on that? Will they even be able to see my application from last year?

Last cycle I e-submitted to one school, late, then decided that I needed more time to study for the DAT so I withdrew before my application was completed. This cycle I think I'm considered a re-applicant. When I was going over my activities I think I under calculated a lot of my volunteer hours. If I retroactively add volunteer hours, do you think schools will look down on that? Will they even be able to see my application from last year?
I actually don't think you would technically be considered a reapplicant since you didn't finish applying. I'm assuming you're saying you withdrew before your GPA had been verified, which means the school wouldn't have seen any of your application at all last year. And I'm not a reapplicant, so I may be wrong, but I'd be surprised if they could see your unfinished application from last year. I'd say, definitely fix the hours. If somehow you get asked about it, just explain yourself and I don't see why you'd have any issues

How long does it normally take for AADSAS to get your transcripts? Mine were sent over a week ago and still nothing. Is that normal ?o_O

I have been pretty chill since I hit the e-submit button, but today marks 8 days since I sent out my transcript to ADEA and still the status is "not received." I checked with my undergrad, and they're sure that transcript has been mailed out on 6/6 to the correct address. Granted it has only been 6 business days and they say allow 7-10 business days for the transcript to be processed. Should I start doing something about this?
Same thing i'm dealing with! Mine were sent the same day

How long does it normally take for AADSAS to get your transcripts? Mine were sent over a week ago and still nothing. Is that normal ?o_O
It's normal. Relax. It varies how long it will take, just be patient.