Ask your random questions about AADSAS here!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
For sending letters of rec from interfolio to addsass, is it just simply entering in the email addresses?
yep. Interfolio has instructions on their website, follow it word for word and you'll be fine. Mine were sent from interfolio to aadsas in like 20 minutes

Members don't see this ad.

So I know it's not a big deal, but I finished my AA degree and graduated from with honors from the CC before transferring to a 4 year. Should I include this in the Awards section?
If you awards section isn't full, I don't see how adding it could hurt :)

Oh gosh ok it's really late and I'm really tired so I haven't skimmed the rest of the thread... so hopefully it hasn't been asked but..

Should I wait until my AADSAS gets verified and mailed to send my secondary app fees or can I just do it right away?
I'm also planning to call and ask if I can get the fees waived (although I didn't qualify for FAP so it might be tough haha...).
call and ask if you can get those fees waived, but submit the secondary fees asap

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
1) What course subject can I choose for a course called Great Performances on Film? Its course prefix is THE. Is it considered Non-Science or English?

2) Do I use LOR written by a statistics professor as my non-science LOR or science LOR?

Thanks!
1. doesn't matter i'd say non science
2. statistics is other science

Should I delay submitting my application to send all the FAP stuff? I know I save quite a bit of money but I already saved up money to submit everything so it's not like I don't have the money but I don't know if it's worth delaying the app for another 10+ days.
If you think you will get FAP, may as well wait a little. I'm not an expert on how long that takes, but you will need lots of money for interviews so you don't want to blow it all.

Anyone know how to get the FAFSA 2014-2015 paper? I checked on the website but they only have 2015-2016 and i didn't fill it out for that year.

No, do it now.

If you're struggling financially, you can always spread them out: do a few this week, get paid, do a few next week, etc. You don't need to wait until it's verified, but it's better to do it sooner rather than later

call and ask if you can get those fees waived, but submit the secondary fees asap

Thanks, everyone!! What about schools that have to email you secondaries? Like, don't contact us until we send you a secondary sort of application, like UCSF/UCLA??

Thanks, everyone!! What about schools that have to email you secondaries? Like, don't contact us until we send you a secondary sort of application, like UCSF/UCLA??
What about them...? Out of your control if they haven't emailed you.

What about them...? Out of your control if they haven't emailed you.

Oh, I meant.. should I wait for them to email me first with a supplemental, or should I call to ask to get the fee waived, even though I won't know if I'll be receiving a supplemental or not?

Oh, I meant.. should I wait for them to email me first with a supplemental, or should I call to ask to get the fee waived, even though I won't know if I'll be receiving a supplemental or not?
No harm in calling and asking them what to do :) I've called my schools like 200 times already

Signatures are for squares

Wait for them to email you first, then, if they give you a supplemental, ask to get the fee waived. If you use FAP, many schools will waive it. Otherwise, they probably won't.

Members don't see this ad :)
Well folks, app is done and is getting sent off in the next two weeks or so. They received my transcripts on the ninth of June and GPA calculations were completed today. Faster turn around than 4-6 weeks ha.

when putting coursework in does it have to be in order of your transcripts, or can the courses be out of order, but obviously it's organized by semesters.
Ex. on my transcripts it says gen chem 1 then bio 1, but can I list bio 1 first and then gen chem 1?
Thx

when putting coursework in does it have to be in order of your transcripts, or can the courses be out of order, but obviously it's organized by semesters.
Ex. on my transcripts it says gen chem 1 then bio 1, but can I list bio 1 first and then gen chem 1?
Thx

I listed it in order coincidentally, but I don't think it matters

Well folks, app is done and is getting sent off in the next two weeks or so. They received my transcripts on the ninth of June and GPA calculations were completed today. Faster turn around than 4-6 weeks ha.
When did you submit it? Also I'm confused on it being mailed later. The day after I submitted mine, I got an email from one of the schools that they receieved my app and are waiting for GPA calculations. Does that mean schools have access to our application as soon as we submit it?

When did you submit it? Also I'm confused on it being mailed later. The day after I submitted mine, I got an email from one of the schools that they receieved my app and are waiting for GPA calculations. Does that mean schools have access to our application as soon as we submit it?
They're definitely not looking at it yet if your GPA isn't calculated. Don't worry.

Can I put my dental related volunteering in the volunteer/EC section and not the dentistry related section? The reason I ask is because a majority of my volunteering is dental related, but I also have a lot of shadowing and other dental related activities in the section. I want to spread them out so I can use them for my coversheet.

They're definitely not looking at it yet if your GPA isn't calculated. Don't worry.

But they get our applications right away? I just don't get "not mailed" means on AADSAS when the schools do get our applications right away

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

I'm going on a mission trip to South America and returning on July 23rd.
Should I wait till then to include my volunteer work and then submit my AADSAS or just submit my app now? :O

But they get our applications right away? I just don't get "not mailed" means on AADSAS when the schools do get our applications right away

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
They probably get some notification that says you applied. That email was probably automatic. If your GPA isn't verified, they will not be looking at your application. Without GPA verification, you could write you got an A+ in every class, so yeah. Once your GPA is verified, they will see your application.

I'm going on a mission trip to South America and returning on July 23rd.
Should I wait till then to include my volunteer work and then submit my AADSAS or just submit my app now? :O
Submit without it. It probably won't help you much unless you have only like 5 volunteer hours.

Would you put Comparative Vertebrate Anatomy (under BIO dept) BIO or other-science?
And what about Animal Physiology (BIO 401-Basic principles of physiology with emphasis on the biochemical and cellular mechanisms. Designed for students who wish to pursue a career in biomedical profession.)

I had both under BIO but I'm having second thoughts since under other-science there's "animal anatomy and physiology" and "Animal Sciences", but "Physiology" and "Anatomy" are under Biology.

So my final evaluation letter (dentist) is asking who he should address the letter of eval to.. should it just be a "to whom it may concern" or something different?

So my final evaluation letter (dentist) is asking who he should address the letter of eval to.. should it just be a "to whom it may concern" or something different?

I would suggest "To the admissions committee" or something.

Would you put Comparative Vertebrate Anatomy (under BIO dept) BIO or other-science?
And what about Animal Physiology (BIO 401-Basic principles of physiology with emphasis on the biochemical and cellular mechanisms. Designed for students who wish to pursue a career in biomedical profession.)

I had both under BIO but I'm having second thoughts since under other-science there's "animal anatomy and physiology" and "Animal Sciences", but "Physiology" and "Anatomy" are under Biology.

Just put it under Bio. They changed some of my classes that I classified as "other science" to Bio and they were a lot more ambiguous than those.

Worst case scenario, they change the animal phys over to other Sci.

Submitted on the 5th I think. Had everything typed out already and also did TMDSAS last month which helped.

I think that email is automated, I just got one from a school about a secondary but that was only after my GPA was verified. My app still says "not mailed" for all schools, but I believe that is when they application as a whole is sent off to the schools.

I took a few seminar classes whose class title is Seminar in various departments. My transcript denotes "Honors Content" under the course title. When entering into AADSAS, would it be correct to select Honors for these courses under Special Designations?

Just put it under Bio. They changed some of my classes that I classified as "other science" to Bio and they were a lot more ambiguous than those.

Worst case scenario, they change the animal phys over to other Sci.
Thanks a lot

I took a few seminar classes whose class title is Seminar in various departments. My transcript denotes "Honors Content" under the course title. When entering into AADSAS, would it be correct to select Honors for these courses under Special Designations?
Yes

I took seminar classes at a college where they were considered English classes. AADSAS verified those classes as other science. Should I call and ask AADSAS to list them as English courses?

I took seminar classes at a college where they were considered English classes. AADSAS verified those classes as other science. Should I call and ask AADSAS to list them as English courses?
If they put them as other science, it's other science.

Hello, I was wondering if the application is considered "complete" if GPA is verified, but evaluation (committee letter) is still not uploaded. Thanks!

If the course has a prefix that denotes it as an English class, like ENG 100 or something, then yes, call them. If it's like a philosophy class that also satisfies an English requirement, then no.

If the course has a prefix that denotes it as an English class, like ENG 100 or something, then yes, call them. If it's like a philosophy class that also satisfies an English requirement, then no.

The course prefix is SEM. It was taught like an English class. We read books, discussed and wrote essays.

OK at this point I feel like I can't just keep sitting and waiting on my transcript. I mailed mine on 6/6, and I know it might take 7-10 business days for AADSAS to change the status as "Received." Today marks 12 days, and this Monday will be 10 business days. Should I call AADSAS on Monday? Or should I just go ahead and resend my transcript?

OK at this point I feel like I can't just keep sitting and waiting on my transcript. I mailed mine on 6/6, and I know it might take 7-10 business days for AADSAS to change the status as "Received." Today marks 12 days, and this Monday will be 10 business days. Should I call AADSAS on Monday? Or should I just go ahead and resend my transcript?

It is likely that your institution is not working on the weekends, so I would suggest waiting for Monday and calling first thing in the morning to save money on resending transcripts.

It is likely that your institution is not working on the weekends, so I would suggest waiting for Monday and calling first thing in the morning to save money on resending transcripts.
I already confirmed with my university that my transcript was mailed out on 6/6 to the correct address, so it would have to do with either the post office or AADSAS if the transcript is not received. I already called AADSAS 2 days ago, and they told me to either keep waiting or re-send the transcript.

The course prefix is SEM. It was taught like an English class. We read books, discussed and wrote essays.
Maybe it wouldn't hurt to call. If they don't change it, I don't see it being a problem. You could (hopefully) show a syllabus if any schools have questions about whether or not you fulfilled the English requirement

I already confirmed with my university that my transcript was mailed out on 6/6 to the correct address, so it would have to do with either the post office or AADSAS if the transcript is not received. I already called AADSAS 2 days ago, and they told me to either keep waiting or re-send the transcript.
Then you will either have to keep waiting or re-send the transcript. Calling them won't make it magically appear in the AADSAS office. It's probably already there, but not processed to your application and calling won't make it go any faster. I promise you, it'll be ok.

You just need to be patient. The further it gets into the cycle, the longer and longer things take unfortunately.

I think this question was probably asked before but when listing things on manual dexterity, do we just list out the activities or do we also provide a description with it? Thanks!

Do AADSAS and FAP work weekends? Like, can my transcript or FAP app change status on the website on a weekend day or should I just stop opening it every 2 minutes and relax til Monday?

Do AADSAS and FAP work weekends? Like, can my transcript or FAP app change status on the website on a weekend day or should I just stop opening it every 2 minutes and relax til Monday?
stop

Reactions: 3 users
I thoroughly enjoy @JLT223 's one word replies. Makes me LOL