Atheist docs?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

I am

• Atheist

Votes: 20 54.1%
  • Agnostic

Votes: 7 18.9%
  • I firmly believe that there's a God.

Votes: 10 27.0%

• Total voters

molten

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Since my mind is rambling, I thought I'd ask how many docs are atheists.

Well, how many of us are?

Members don't see this ad.

This is not a General Residency topic. After discussion with the mod staff, I've reopened the thread and it will be moved to TIH.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Has a cycle ever been observed to evolve? Is it rationale to conclude that a cycle evolving is something that even could happen? I think it's clear that based upon what we observe, Creation is the only rationale conclusion. Sure it's faith, but so is believing in Evolution. It's interesting that physicians can have such in-depth knowledge regarding the metabolic cycle of the body but come to the conclusion that it all evolved by some random accident.

Reactions: 1 user
To be honest I am mostly concerned with how non-exhaustive your three choices are, OP.

Has a cycle ever been observed to evolve? Is it rationale to conclude that a cycle evolving is something that even could happen? I think it's clear that based upon what we observe, Creation is the only rationale conclusion. Sure it's faith, but so is believing in Evolution. It's interesting that physicians can have such in-depth knowledge regarding the metabolic cycle of the body but come to the conclusion that it all evolved by some random accident.

You don't "believe" in evolution, you accept it as a functioning theory. To not "believe" in evolution would be denial of an enormous body of facts, also known as ignorance. The debate of where life started on the other hand, that is an interesting one because we don't have clear evidence in either direction since no act of G-d to this date has truly had strong evidence... hence there are some people that believe that G-d started it all, others that believe that it was a set of cosmic coincidence (given the number of stars, planets, etc... not too improbable to believe), and even further, others that just say "I don't care who care whether the chicken or the egg came first."

I happen to be in the last category.