Atlantic Bridge 2020 Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I just got my acceptance offer to UCD on April 2nd after interviewing on the 1st ! ( I applied on March 16th)

How did the interview go! I was wondering if you had any advice for the questions they may ask! Is it all based on the documents we send in?

Members don't see this ad.

Hello, I am kind of new at this but I was considered for an interview spot in UDC for medicine! I have no clue what to expect and honestly kind of nervous! Just wondering how much this interview impacts my offer? any advice for this interview?
Congrats! When is your interview? Are you from the US?

Members don't see this ad :)
Congratulations! Is it for the 4-year program?
Yes it was for a 4-year program!
How did the interview go! I was wondering if you had any advice for the questions they may ask! Is it all based on the documents we send in?
Yeah so the interview was actually super short for me (less than 15 minutes lol) and really relaxed. He asked me why I want to be a doctor, what my favourite part of my degree was, and then asked me a question about a course I took. Overall there's nothing to worry about, it's very casual and he even said that once you get an interview you're already shortlisted and he's just there to check you're a good match for the program (a.k.a not a complete weirdo). But this was for a 4-year UCD program so every other interview may be different.

Reactions: 1 user
Paid the hefty 4000 euro deposit for University College Cork and received a Limerick Interview.....

• Wow
Just curious, is there any edge doing the Atlantic Bridge program vs getting an MD in Australia / MBBS degree in UK? Seems the tuition cost is more or less the same across these programs.

just got an interview at Limerick! I was wondering if anyone has any tips about the interview or if anyone has already had theirs and has any advice. Any help would be much appreciated

Does anyone know the class size for the graduate entry program? And approximately how many Irish vs international students are in each class?

Got accepted at TCD for the 5 year course! Congratulations to all who have been accepted and best of luck to all who are interviewing or are in admission process. :)

Got accepted at TCD for the 5 year course! Congratulations to all who have been accepted and best of luck to all who are interviewing or are in admission process. :)
Congrats! I got in yesterday as well! Are you going? I am considering it but was hoping to know more about matching back for US residency first. Have you been able to find information?

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know the class size for the graduate entry program? And approximately how many Irish vs international students are in each class?
My guess is about 30-70 NA students depending which school it is and the other half are EU students.

Just had my interview yesterday for UCD. Still haven’t heard from the others. Hope to heard back in a few days about how the Interview went, the suspense is killing me.

Hey! I got accepted into the 5 year program at UCC today! Is there a Facebook group?

Reactions: 1 users
I just received an acceptance to TCD, but how is everyone else planning on funding this? I’m super keen to go, but not sure that I will be able to afford it to be honest!
The National Bank LOVES international medical students! They deal with quite a few, and can get you access to your line or credit ASAP to pay the tuition deposit! Also dirt cheap interest rates on line of credit and great travel rewards credit card!

Is anyone else here planning to attend the six-year undergraduate med program at UCD?
Yes looks like it for Me. I just got my conditional acceptance this morning, also coming from canada !

Got accepted into RCSI yesterday after being waitlisted since early March!

Does anyone know if and how COVID-19 will impact Irish medical school matriculation? The numbers there do not look too good. Maybe we will do the first semester online or have the matriculation delayed by a year? I did receive an email on COVID-19 and UCC entry from it says nothing relevant to my matriculation.

No , you may receive a letter inviting you for interview . But offers do not come through until early March.

UCD interviewed thro skype last year in January, offers were released early March ( 1st round)
RCSI interviewEd in New York , Toronto and the west coast March 2019 , offers were released in March, ( 1st round)
NUIG do not interview, offers released early April , late March.
Hello! Which university are you currently in and can you please tell me how your first year has been like?

Congrats!!! When did you apply and how did you find the interview?

Thank you! My application was complete by Jan 30, and I interviewed in NY Feb. 23. I was waitlisted 2 weeks later, and have been waitlisted until receiving the acceptance email on Wednesday, April 8.

The interview itself wasn’t very hard, it didn’t seem like they were trying to trick me or anything. But, I honestly got really nervous during my interview so I definitely feel it could’ve gone better. As long as you don’t get too nervous, you should be good.

This may be a dumb question but I am a little confused about the degree we end up getting after graduating from Irish med schools. I'm going to UCD GEM and was under the impression I'd be graduating with an MD but the Atlantic Bridge website says, "Some programs award a total of three degrees: Medicine (MB), Surgery (BCh), and Obstetrics (BAO), while others award a total of two degrees: Medicine (BM), and Surgery (BS). The Irish suite of degrees is the equivalent of the M.D."

I can't find information about what degree UCD awards on their website. Also weird to me that I will be getting another bachelor degree when I already have one... and when we transfer back to the US will we trade in our "Suite of degrees" for an MD or will we have to write out Dr Whatever, MB BCh BAO all the time...

Can someone provide some clarity for me in this??

The M.D. degree is a graduate degree in most commonwealth countries, ie, received after the M.B.B.S [or similar] degree.

This may be a dumb question but I am a little confused about the degree we end up getting after graduating from Irish med schools. I'm going to UCD GEM and was under the impression I'd be graduating with an MD but the Atlantic Bridge website says, "Some programs award a total of three degrees: Medicine (MB), Surgery (BCh), and Obstetrics (BAO), while others award a total of two degrees: Medicine (BM), and Surgery (BS). The Irish suite of degrees is the equivalent of the M.D."

I can't find information about what degree UCD awards on their website. Also weird to me that I will be getting another bachelor degree when I already have one... and when we transfer back to the US will we trade in our "Suite of degrees" for an MD or will we have to write out Dr Whatever, MB BCh BAO all the time...

Can someone provide some clarity for me in this??
To my understanding, upon completing the medicine program at UCD, we receive the MB BCh BAO degree. In the webinar held by Dr. Felle a few weeks ago, he said that since its the equivalent to an MD degree, you can call yourself an M.D if you decide to practice back in Canada/US.

Hi, 1st year UCD GEM here! There's roughly 110-115 of us, with about 75-80 being Irish (the numbers have fluctuated with people leaving the course or transferring) and the rest international.

Ps. I remember how anxious I was during the application cycle last year and would love to help out anyone who has questions about UCD. Feel free to shoot me a message. Happy to help as best I can :)

hey! does anyone know of any medical graduates who didn’t get a residency place in Canada? I know the stats are pretty good but part of me still feels a bit worried.

hey! does anyone know of any medical graduates who didn’t get a residency place in Canada? I know the stats are pretty good but part of me still feels a bit worried.
my friend who matched has a friend who didnt match for a few years. She failed her step 1 on her first try though.

I got an interview invite for RCSI-MUB. Has anyone interviewed with them yet?

Does anyone know if there is a minimum MCAT required for RCSI-Ireland location?

Does anyone know if there is a minimum MCAT required for RCSI-Ireland location?
They don't publish that but I think it probably hovers around 503-504 if there is a MCAT cutoff.

Congrats! I got in yesterday as well! Are you going? I am considering it but was hoping to know more about matching back for US residency first. Have you been able to find information?
I am trying my best to go, but it is too expensive for me. To answer your question I think they have a pretty good match rate in the US, well I think we will find out more about it after today's online presentation.

I am trying my best to go, but it is too expensive for me. To answer your question I think they have a pretty good match rate in the US, well I think we will find out more about it after today's online presentation.
Hey congrats on getting accepted! Do you mind sharing when you applied?

Any other UCC direct entry admits here?
I'm likely going btw!

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Just curious, hows everyone financing their education? 80K CAD (including tuition and living expenses) seems too much for one year only.

Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone received an offer from more than one Irish school For the 5 year program?