Atlantic Bridge 2020 Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Any other UCC direct entry admits here?
I'm likely going btw!
Did you join the Facebook group? Try search it on Facebook

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you! I applied in mid November, heard back from them on 7th April.
That’s awesome! What was your GPA if you dont mind me asking? Just trying to get some insight for my application! You can message me too if you like! :)

Was accepted to UCC's 5 year program today! :') I'm from the US and have no idea what to do now that there's a global pandemic but I am so excited!

Reactions: 4 users
For those of you who have paid your deposits already, were you able to do so online? My bank is TD and I was unable to make an online payment (maybe because the sum is too big?). Anyway, I'm probably going to make a wire payment. I was wondering if you guys used any other faster methods, like an online payment service such as Paypal?

For those of you who have paid your deposits already, were you able to do so online? My bank is TD and I was unable to make an online payment (maybe because the sum is too big?). Anyway, I'm probably going to make a wire payment. I was wondering if you guys used any other faster methods, like an online payment service such as Paypal?
I used a credit card, more expensive than a wire but hell fast

Just call your bank and let them know. They will authorize it. Mine got stopped for fraud the first time I tried

I've searched FB and I cannot find any Trinity class of 2025 pages for medicine. Does anyone know of any set up yet?

Members don't see this ad :)
Do you guys happen to know if it's normal to have a huge discrepancy between tuition fees and overall annual fees? In my financial statement, my tuition fees are 41,000 euros while my overall balance due is 80,000 euros. I know that there are usually additional charges that can incur, but could it be just a typo? Or is it a 2-year balance?

Do you guys happen to know if it's normal to have a huge discrepancy between tuition fees and overall annual fees? In my financial statement, my tuition fees are 41,000 euros while my overall balance due is 80,000 euros. I know that there are usually additional charges that can incur, but could it be just a typo? Or is it a 2-year balance?
Which school are you referring too.

Perhaps the tuition had a recent sharp increase? It is certainly more expensive to live in Dublin than Cork. Or maybe they just write that to make sure the student will be covered for every penny they spend in Ireland, as long as you only take out the portion of student loan that you need, there will be no interest on the rest. This is only speculation, though.

just got an interview at Limerick! I was wondering if anyone has any tips about the interview or if anyone has already had theirs and has any advice. Any help would be much appreciated
I hope that your interview went well! I just had mine on Friday. Bitting my nails and waiting to hear back this week :nailbiting:

Congrats to all who have received offers and best of luck to those still waiting! I have recently received an offer to NUIG for the 5 year program and am struggling to accept and come to terms with the financial reality. For those who have accepted offers, how are you planning to finance this? For me It's nearly $80 000 CAD per year with tuition and living expenses. What banks are you able to get massive loans from, especially at this uncertain time?

Reactions: 1 user
Congrats to all who have received offers and best of luck to those still waiting! I have recently received an offer to NUIG for the 5 year program and am struggling to accept and come to terms with the financial reality. For those who have accepted offers, how are you planning to finance this? For me It's nearly $80 000 CAD per year with tuition and living expenses. What banks are you able to get massive loans from, especially at this uncertain time?
Try BMO and some people are recommending national bank here, The prime rate is very low, a good time for borrowing.

Don't we have to pay around 1.5k monthly though? Does that money go towards paying back the loan??
I don't get where this amount comes from, you are only allowed to take out 80k the first year, with a rate of 3%, every month you would be paying 200 dollars. The actual interest rate is lower though, right now at 2.2% -- this gives 147 dollars per month for the first year assuming you take out max amount from the first month,

I don't get where this amount comes from, you are only allowed to take out 80k the first year, with a rate of 3%, every month you would be paying 200 dollars. The actual interest rate is lower though, right now at 2.2% -- this gives 147 dollars per month for the first year assuming you take out max amount from the first month,
ohhhh thank you soo much for clarifying, idk I went to a bank this week and they said 1.4k per month, which bank are you referring to? (if you dont mind me asking)

Hi! Anyone on here currently studying at Limerick? I was wondering if I could talk to you about going to school there. Just got my acceptance today.

Hi! Anyone on here currently studying at Limerick? I was wondering if I could talk to you about going to school there. Just got my acceptance today.
When did you interview?

I also got my acceptance there today congrats!

Hi All! Congratulations on your offers/ acceptance. I have an important question about medical student loans from Canadian banks: Are you sure you can get prime minus 0.25%? RBC just told me today that this rate is for students enrolled at Canadian universities; Students going overseas ( including Ireland) can get up to 150,000 only at prime rate plus 1.75%. I very much appreciate an answer, or sharing you experience on that. Thanks.

Hi All! Congratulations on your offers/ acceptance. I have an important question about medical student loans from Canadian banks: Are you sure you can get prime minus 0.25%? RBC just told me today that this rate is for students enrolled at Canadian universities; Students going overseas ( including Ireland) can get up to 150,000 only at prime rate plus 1.75%. I very much appreciate an answer, or sharing you experience on that. Thanks.
forget about RBC

Would anyone confirm that they actually got a loan for prime minus 0.25% from any bank?

Hello everyone,

im back in Canada from Ireland due to COVID-19 situation and my exams are all online now lol. If anyone needs any info regards to medical applications, or specifically UCC, send your reply here so everyone can benefit from it! Good luck! <3

PS. i just finished first year in UCC :)

Would anyone confirm that they actually got a loan for prime minus 0.25% from any bank?
BMO ran a credit check on me and they are waiting on a phone call from my co-signer to approve the line of credit.

Hello everyone,

im back in Canada from Ireland due to COVID-19 situation and my exams are all online now lol. If anyone needs any info regards to medical applications, or specifically UCC, send your reply here so everyone can benefit from it! Good luck! <3

PS. i just finished first year in UCC :)
Are you in the 5 year program? How was your first year? Any surprises in Ireland?

Has anyone heard anything about how covid is going to affect our September start? Do you think classes will start online? I’m nervous about it getting delayed, but I’m not sure if travel restrictions will be lifted by then or if classes will start.

Has anyone heard anything about how covid is going to affect our September start? Do you think classes will start online? I’m nervous about it getting delayed, but I’m not sure if travel restrictions will be lifted by then or if classes will start.
I signed up for dorm with an original lottery date April 18th, but they emailed me on that day about delaying their lottery. It seems like they are still deciding on whether to open the campus in the fall. I also got a COVID-19 related email from UCC, saying nothing except that they will just keep us informed about the situation.

received an acceptance at UCD (i am a US graduate). if i accept the offer, do i have to withdraw from the the US schools i was WL at?

received an acceptance at UCD (i am a US graduate). if i accept the offer, do i have to withdraw from the the US schools i was WL at?
No.

Just found about this program, is it too late to apply? Even if I don’t mind starting in the spring (assuming they have that option)

Just found about this program, is it too late to apply? Even if I don’t mind starting in the spring (assuming they have that option)
They no longer accept new applications from what I know.

Hey everyone, congrats again on your acceptance!! If you are planning on attending UCC's Direct Entry Medicine in the fall, I have created an ig page for us to connect @ucc_dem_2025 (in the bio there's a link to a WhatsApp group too :))

Anyone know if there's a facebook group for the incoming University of Limerick class?

Has anyone opened a Euro account with a Canadian bank?
Scotiabank and HSBC allow Euro account. However, the Scotiabank euro account can only be accessed with an agent, there is no online banking for this account.

Long time lurker,
Just got accepted to RCSI GEM dublin, but I'm still waiting on UCC, UCD, and Limrick.
Any thoughts or opinions on the other schools? Should I wait to hear back ?

Long time lurker,
Just got accepted to RCSI GEM dublin, but I'm still waiting on UCC, UCD, and Limrick.
Any thoughts or opinions on the other schools? Should I wait to hear back ?
Congrats! When did you get your acceptance for RCSI?