Auburn c/o 2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
No.. Kaye told us we would know today. But I've heard otherwise plus today is getting close to ending.

Members don't see this ad.

That makes me feel better. I've been checking my email all day. I'm IS.

I'm IS too and no one I know that applied heard either, so they're probably waiting on the dean. She said could be till Wednesday but we'll see tomorrow.

Members don't see this ad :)
Wow...that's fast! She told us this week but no specific day.
At first she told us it would be Tuesday, but I just spoke with a friend who interviewed the day after I did. He said Kaye told them we would know something by Wednesday instead.

I'm IS too and no one I know that applied heard either, so they're probably waiting on the dean. She said could be till Wednesday but we'll see tomorrow.
Thanks for the update! The suspense is killing me. I won't worry about contacting them unless I haven't heard anything later in the week then. :)

At first she told us it would be Tuesday, but I just spoke with a friend who interviewed the day after I did. He said Kaye told them we would know something by Wednesday instead.

What day did you interview? I wasn't until Friday.

Goodluck this week you guys! Hopefully we start hearing something today!!

Reactions: 1 user
I interviewed on Thursday.
I interviewed Thursday as well. When we were talking to Ms Kaye, she said they would call and email those accepted and email everyone else either today or yesterday. She said she was keeping the panels there late Friday so they could make their decisions after Fridays interviews.

I interviewed Friday. They got finished late (after 6pm), so I'm not sure if they stayed or not. Kaye said that all decisions would be finalized by Tuesday at midnight. She will call those accepted, and email waitlists and rejections.

Recieved my call!!!!! IS, Accepted!!!

Reactions: 1 users
Congrats! Did it seem like they were going in any sort of order? :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats! Did it seem like they were going in any sort of order? :)
Thanks! And I'm not sure, my last name starts with a C so maybe! I interviewed that Friday!

I got waitlisted, and I'm sort of shell-shocked because I don't get why?

Going to have to do some re-evaluating of my plan for the next year I think.

Last edited:
This KY person is in agony with the waiting!!

Sorry emacc :( Did you apply anywhere else?

Withdrew from the waitlist at Cornell, rejected Wisconsin and Penn. Maybe one of my letters was bad? That's the only thing I can really think of other than just needing more large animal.

Withdrew from the waitlist at Cornell, rejected Wisconsin and Penn. Maybe one of my letters was bad? That's the only thing I can really think of other than just needing more large animal.

Yeah, my application was severely lacking in experience other than small animal really, so my plan for this next year is to bulk that up if I have to apply again. But hopefully we'll both get off the waitlist! :)

Probably more likely out of state than in state, don't think too many folks turn an in state spot down. I'm okay with it though, it means I'll be able to spend a year with my new husband.

I'm sorry to hear that! But it doesn't mean it's over! Don't give up.

arn21586, are you kentucky? if so, what does your last name start with? CONGRATS :) :)

are there any KY students who have not heard yet? do you think she will still make calls tonight? during my interview she told us we would know by midnight tuesday...but im curious as to if she will make calls that late?

are there any KY students who have not heard yet? do you think she will still make calls tonight? during my interview she told us we would know by midnight tuesday...but im curious as to if she will make calls that late?

I haven't heard anything.

Well, I was wrong. Got a rejection this morning.

If anyone would be willing to just let me know your GPA, GRE, Experiences and what not to see what I need to work on next year that would be great. I also got my rejection letter this morning so any information someone could share would be great. Congrats to everyone that got in.

Probably not what you're looking for stat wise but I waitlisted in-state.

3.9 gpa, 163 verbal 161 quant 5.0 writing. 1200 hours private small animal practice (half kennel half assistant), 400 hours wildlife rehab (listed as animal), 80 hours on app (and full time since which was discussed in interview) emergency and specialty all as an assistant. 500 hours biomedical research (non veterinary) at Emory. Plus a half dozen or so extracurriculars with student gov, committees etc. Letters were academic advisor, research primary, and the private practice vet. Personal statement was weak I think.

3.9 gpa, 163 verbal 161 quant 5.0 writing. 1200 hours private small animal practice (half kennel half assistant), 400 hours wildlife rehab (listed as animal), 80 hours on app (and full time since which was discussed in interview) emergency and specialty all as an assistant. 500 hours biomedical research (non veterinary) at Emory. Plus a half dozen or so extracurriculars with student gov, committees etc. Letters were academic advisor, research primary, and the private practice vet. Personal statement was weak I think.

Wow.... I would've accepted you! :) Lol. don't give up though, this is my second year being waitlisted (OOS) It's so hard to not take it personally and ask "why not me??" But don't give up! Fingers crossed that you (and I both) end up getting called off the waitlist!

I'm looking at it as I'll get to spend a year in a beautiful city just working and living with my new husband. So not a bad deal really, and we'll be more financially prepared. Best of luck to you, I know OOS tends to move a lot more. :3

Last edited:

How was your organic and physics if you don't mind me asking?

As in both organics , physics 1 was my only B from my main university, physics 2 in progress but A at midterm.

Finally received my acceptance letter in the mail today! Yayy it's official. I'm totally framing it haha :D

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone else get an acceptance letter today that said for the class of 2017????

Anyone else get an acceptance letter today that said for the class of 2017????
Yes I did. But then it said Class of 2018 at the bottom. Guess it was a small mistake. Should we tell Ms. Kaye? lol

Yes I did. But then it said Class of 2018 at the bottom. Guess it was a small mistake. Should we tell Ms. Kaye? lol
I'm going to call her tomorrow, 3 year program sounds amazing! Id change my plan and go to Auburn in a heartbeat if that were the case lol

I'm going to call her tomorrow, 3 year program sounds amazing! Id change my plan and go to Auburn in a heartbeat if that were the case lol
I wish! Haha. Let me know what she says.

Mine said that too. Auburn is my number one choice. Id like to keep the acceptance letter for keepsakes so it's annoying there is a typo.

Mine said that too. Auburn is my number one choice. Id like to keep the acceptance letter for keepsakes so it's annoying there is a typo.
I agree! I hope they send us a new one. I kinda want to frame it and it would be nice if it didn't have the typo lol. If not, oh well. I will still be Class of 2018 and I'm so excited! :)

Congrats to the Class of 2018! If any new students are looking for housing I have a house for sale across from the Auburn University College of Veterinary Medicine on Wire Rd. It is a great location considering the parking shortage at the vet school and main campus! It's definitely a plus during your clinical year to be close to school. PM me if interested. I found that it was cheaper for me to pay the mortgage, utilities and home owners fee than to rent. It is also safer than living in a trailer park, especially during tornado season. Congrats again, y'all!

I haven't but I've sort of tuned out for this cycle and started planning my gap year and strategy for applying again next year. :xf: