Awards section of ERAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Misopogon

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone else also not planning to put anything down for med school awards?

For other awards/accomplishments - is it okay to put down stuff from before med school? My HS football team was pretty good (we had a streak of 28 straight Ws by the time I graduated) and I got some personal awards as an player. Also, I got the best merit scholarship my undergrad had to offer for all four years. Are these things worth mentioning?

Members don't see this ad.

Undergraduate awards I believe are fair game, but going back to high school for football accolades may be a bit distant. Although I'm pretty jealous as my HS team was pretty horrendous!

It is often blank. Not an application killer.

Whatever you do, DO NOT PUT THAT YOU GOT "HONORS" IN SOME COURSE IN MEDICAL SCHOOL. That's really annoying, and not what the question is asking.

Undergraduate awards I believe are fair game, but going back to high school for football accolades may be a bit distant. Although I'm pretty jealous as my HS team was pretty horrendous!

Makes me sad because I peaked in high school

Reactions: 1 users
It is often blank. Not an application killer.

Whatever you do, DO NOT PUT THAT YOU GOT "HONORS" IN SOME COURSE IN MEDICAL SCHOOL. That's really annoying, and not what the question is asking.
Hi aProgDirector, Where should mention of Honors go? Do you mean even for 3rd year courses?

If by "Honors" you mean you got an "H" in a course, you put it NOWHERE in your application. It's already on your transcript and your MSPE. I'll see it.