BAH during 45 ADT (while in school) for current HPSP students

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

xhamburgersamx

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has any current dental student, received BAH (according to location) or assignment receive this special pay in addition to 0-1 standard pay?

I have to do ADT at school since my school has no 45 day breaks and I only received a subsidized BAH/BAS that is very small - maybe a few hundred combined. I do receive the 0-1 pay which added /w BAH/BAS all together was about $4500 for the 45 days total.

If we were to receive full BAH then people attending NYU, PENN, USC, or other schools in large cities would be getting about $2000/30 days or about $3000 additional for the 45 days. Thus the total should be around $7500.

Members don't see this ad.

Has any current dental student, received BAH (according to location) or assignment receive this special pay in addition to 0-1 standard pay?

I have to do ADT at school since my school has no 45 day breaks and I only received a subsidized BAH/BAS that is very small - maybe a few hundred combined. I do receive the 0-1 pay which added /w BAH/BAS all together was about $4500 for the 45 days total.

If we were to receive full BAH then people attending NYU, PENN, USC, or other schools in large cities would be getting about $2000/30 days or about $3000 additional for the 45 days. Thus the total should be around $7500.

Are you married?

Members don't see this ad :)
No but does it matter?

do you get BAH?

I did get BAH while serving ADT orders while in school. You are paid BAH II
Once on active duty, full time being married does increase your BAH rate.

An explanation from DoD website below:

BAH II (Reserve Component/Transit)

BAH-II (RC/T) is the housing allowance for members in particular circumstances, for example, reservists on active duty less than 30 days. It also applies when a member is in transit from selected areas where no prior BAH rate existed. It does not vary by geographic location. BAH-II (RC/T) was set based on the old Basic Allowance for Quarters (BAQ), which was based on the national average for housing. BAH-II is published annually and is determined by increasing the previous year's table by the percentage growth of housing costs.

Okay thanks eric. Just for clarification, HPSP students do not receive general BAH depending on location. They will receive BAH 2