BCPS preparation : high yield med reviews q-bank ?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PharmD2008FL

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,
I have thought of taking the BCPS for the past year or so. I do best if I have like a bunch of questions .. Anyone did the high yield med reviews to prepare for the BCPS? It says it has 70 hrs of lecture time plus 1700 questions in the q-bank where u design your own exam like the Kaplan has for the Naplex ..
anyway .. I would appreciate any input if u did this course

http://www.highyieldmedreviews.com/bcps-online-review-course-faqs

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey guys,
I have thought of taking the BCPS for the past year or so. I do best if I have like a bunch of questions .. Anyone did the high yield med reviews to prepare for the BCPS? It says it has 70 hrs of lecture time plus 1700 questions in the q-bank where u design your own exam like the Kaplan has for the Naplex ..

Hi PharmD2008FL,
Did you end up using it? I am curious how you did for BCPS :)

Anyone did the high yield med reviews to prepare for the BCPS? It says it has 70 hrs of lecture time plus 1700 questions in the q-bank where u design your own exam like the Kaplan has for the Naplex ..

Hey guys,

any one use BCPS Online high yield Review Course was it helpfull or not

Members don't see this ad :)
I just passed my BCPS last fall/winter. I used the ACCP BCPS 2014 materials which comes with outlines, slides, and audio of the lectures as well as the full High Yield Review Course. Graduated pharmacy school in 2013 and just completed PGY-1 residency in June 2014 and started working full time while studying for the test. Although I had originally planned two months of studying, I actually didn't get to start studying until 4 weeks prior. Went through most of the ACCP materials twice. Hardly had time to go through High Yield Review Course. His calculation lectures are helpful but the rest of his lectures are very detailed, almost too detailed on disease pathophysiology, which is not the focus of BCPS. It is also set up so that you can 'activate?' a lecture twice. Once you activate it, you have 24 hour period to review the lecture as often as you want. Once you have activated twice and your 24 hours are up, you no longer have access to the lecture. Found this incredibly inconvenient. Would just recommend ACCP materials, especially if you already went through residency. Hope this helps.

I am a non-trad PharmD student in Colorado. I have used and recommended the High-Yield MED Reviews course several times. In fact, I just renewed mine once again as I get ready to do my hospital APPE. Trust me, two rounds per lecture is generally sufficient because you also have a huge binder full of slides. I used both the ACCP and HYMR courses to prep (and pass) my BCACP in 2013. Aside from the lectures, I used the question bank on High-Yield to simulate testing conditions.

Anyone did the high yield med reviews to prepare for the BCPS? It says it has 70 hrs of lecture time plus 1700 questions in the q-bank where u design your own exam like the Kaplan has for the Naplex ..
I am using the high yield med reviews and love the lectures because they are straight forward and a great review.