Beggining pre-med on monday!, choosing classes.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ctaborda

hispanic-pre-med
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok this is going to be my first semester!, but I am kind of late for registering for classes, so Chemistry and Biology classes are all full at my school, would you guys add like Botany with Lab to the general college classes?

I am kind of confused if to take it or not, I need to make the desition by tomorrow!

thanks
Carlos

Members don't see this ad.

ctaborda said:
Ok this is going to be my first semester!, but I am kind of late for registering for classes, so Chemistry and Biology classes are all full at my school, would you guys add like Botany with Lab to the general college classes?

I am kind of confused if to take it or not, I need to make the desition by tomorrow!

thanks
Carlos

I would show up and try to add chemistry and biology. Botany isn't gonna help you but you might be able to impress girls by naming the species of the flowers you give them... or nerd them away with your nerd rays.

I know, but they are all full and closed!

Members don't see this ad :)
ctaborda said:

You may want to consider some verbal classes lol :) (j/k)

Hi!
ctaborda,

I recommond you go to the Science Department Head, maybe he/she can add you to the classes you need.

I would definitely talk to the department head. At my school they usually still let people in, as long as the professor doesnt mind having extra students in the class.

And if this is your very first semester of college don't worry too much you still have plenty of time. For me this is my twilight semester of the whol undergrad thing, to think four years ago I didn't know the difference between undergrad and grad and today eh I could care less. Try to petition in to the class (means ask the prof if you can take the class even if it is full, contact the dept office first they can help point you in the right direction. Good luck, because all pre meds need it

Medikit said:
Show up, sometimes teachers let you add

email the profs who are listed on the schedule too
Exactly. You wouldn't believe how many people drop in the first two or three days. If the professor sees some open seats, he'll probably let you add.

TheProwler said:
Exactly. You wouldn't believe how many people drop in the first two or three days. If the professor sees some open seats, he'll probably let you add.

Listen to this man, he knows what he's talking about. My Bio 1 class went from 32 students(Max) to 24 in the first two weeks. :p

Yeah, for bio or chem, just be persistent and try to slip in-there like swimwear, and go to the classes for the first few days, and take notes and stuff, even if you are not officially in the class. Talk to the prof daily, talk to the dept heads often. You'll get in to at least one.

And screw botany. Screw it with a ten-foor stamen.

Benign_foodtube said:
And screw botany. Screw it with a ten-foor stamen.

Man thats one long stamen... wonder what type of bee picks up that pollen

JohnB79 said:
Man thats one long stamen... wonder what type of bee picks up that pollen

Hehehehehe.. yeah, I mean ten fooT stamen. Thanks for laughing at the image with me rather than mocking my typing skills. :)

I'd forget botany. If you can place out of intro bio, maybe genetics or cell bio. If not, do a semester of math or physics with intro chem and then two electives (preferably, nonscience). If you do not have a strong humanities background, some classes in that area can help too.

Good luck!