Best PCAT study materials?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rickmtz5

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can y'all please tell me which study materials y'all used for the PCAT and which were most effective? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Like most people, I highly recommend using the Dr. Collins PCAT study package. The package contains a wide variety of practice tests for all the sections of the PCAT. It also contains concise summarized review sections for math, chemistry, vocab, and biology. However, the only place this package is lacking is the reading comprehension, the practice test provided are too simple and not a good representation of the actual PCAT section. Therefore I also recommend buying the Pearson practice test because they give you an good representation of all parts of the PCAT.

i think Dr. Collin's quant section is somewhat easy...

Ya, the Dr. Collins Quantitative practice tests are quite easy, but the math review section does cover most of the topics that will show up on PCAT. The Pearson tests are a more realistic example of the actual test. The key to the math section is practice, practice, practice, and good time management.

Members don't see this ad :)
i actually found the Master the PCAT book to be a a little bit more helpful than Dr collin's in quant. but it doesnt have as much practice problem as dr collin's

Like most people, I highly recommend using the Dr. Collins PCAT study package. The package contains a wide variety of practice tests for all the sections of the PCAT. It also contains concise summarized review sections for math, chemistry, vocab, and biology. However, the only place this package is lacking is the reading comprehension, the practice test provided are too simple and not a good representation of the actual PCAT section. Therefore I also recommend buying the Pearson practice test because they give you an good representation of all parts of the PCAT.

I second this.

definitely Collins.....Kaplan is way to broad and has way too much information that wont show up on the test. When using Kaplan I found myself trying to memorize too much information vs how Collins teaches which is specifics and the way the questions are asked compared to the pcat

like most people, i highly recommend using the dr. Collins pcat study package. The package contains a wide variety of practice tests for all the sections of the pcat. It also contains concise summarized review sections for math, chemistry, vocab, and biology. However, the only place this package is lacking is the reading comprehension, the practice test provided are too simple and not a good representation of the actual pcat section. Therefore i also recommend buying the pearson practice test because they give you an good representation of all parts of the pcat.

+2

personally, I used Kaplan for everything except QA, VR, RC... it was a good refresher.
I just winged VR and RC.. and for QA.. I used youtube tutorials based on the practice questions in pearson tests (It got me 99.. in QA :) The bio for kaplan sucks though... my anatomy course saved me big time (99 as well haha... dunno how). The chemistry however was great as long as you have the most recent book so that you can scan over the ochem reactions.

Can y'all please tell me which study materials y'all used for the PCAT and which were most effective? Thanks!

I took mine also in july using only Dr collins and had 96 percentile. i have my 2013 guide and want to sell it.. I am super excited scoring a higer composite on my PCAT (Chemistry was super easy for me because of Dr collins. Bio and Quantative wasnt an issue. my verbal was very good, reading was good too, had a perfect score.. Dr collins 2013 guide is perfect for official exams. you will never regret. inbox me if u re interesed in getting mine, [email protected]