Best physics review?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

frodo25

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Which book is the best physics review for the new MCAT? Would TBR be overkill in terms of content? I have that and the new EK as of now.

Members don't see this ad.

EK physics is really good. I supplement EK physics with Khan lectures and other youtube videos if needed, its pretty clear. The EK 30min lecture exams are also pretty beast.

I liked TBR after I'd done EK review. If you start with TBR (as I tried to do) and you're not already confident, all their formula shortcuts can be really confusing. EK does a good job of reminding you what you already learned.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
If you already know physics, then TBR.

Nothing beats it.

Reactions: 1 users
But are those passages still relevant to the new MCAT? For example, should I be worrying about solving complicated projectile motion problems like in the 1st chapter? I thought they are moving away from those types of passages. I could be wrong, but I just don't want to be wasting my time if it is not necessary since I already have limited time.

But are those passages still relevant to the new MCAT? For example, should I be worrying about solving complicated projectile motion problems like in the 1st chapter? I thought they are moving away from those types of passages. I could be wrong, but I just don't want to be wasting my time if it is not necessary since I already have limited time.

TBR physics passages never *were* all that relevant to the actual MCAT, and neither are EK's in-chapter questions, for that matter. They're great practice for concepts tho.

Personally, I went with the method of taking every full length practice CBT I could and primarily doing my review and practice that way. That plus memorizing a sheet of equations bumped me from a 26 to a 34 average in 7 weeks. Don't have my score back yet. If I have to retake, I'll add in TBR passages to strengthen my weak spots.