Biochemistry Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

phunkeyfantom

What are words for when no one listens anymore?
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
For those of you that have taken the course, did you only take the biochemistry lecture or did you take both the lecture and the lab? I'm working on my schedule for Fall semester and was considering taking just the biochem lecture and not the lab.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I didn't take the lab and was just fine. I work in a biochem lab tho, so I already had experience with everything we'd do in lab at school.

If you don't have the experience it might be worth taking depending on what you do in your lab. Learning to run gels and purify proteins isn't a valuable skill in med school, but it's nice to have done it once so when you see a gel on a paper in the future you'll have a better idea of why it's there and what it's telling you.

Just my 0.02.

For those of you that have taken the course, did you only take the biochemistry lecture or did you take both the lecture and the lab? I'm working on my schedule for Fall semester and was considering taking just the biochem lecture and not the lab.

Lecture only - no reason to take biochem lab unless youre substituting it for orgo lab

Of the handful of med schools that require a Biochem, none of the ones I am considering require the lab (there may be others that do).

If it isn't required for your major, skip it.