Books for Internship??? Help!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OUsooner

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if anybody here has some recommendations for must have books as an Intern (I don't like using Palm applications). I saw an intern with a book suggesting a list of Orders to write for specific cases - anybody got the name of this gem?

Also I heard the "blue book" from Mass General is good. Somebody help!? :oops:

Members don't see this ad.

OUsooner said:
Just wondering if anybody here has some recommendations for must have books as an Intern (I don't like using Palm applications). I saw an intern with a book suggesting a list of Orders to write for specific cases - anybody got the name of this gem?

Here you go.

Thanks Dr. Mom,
Any other suggestions? The key book is titled Medicine by Chan I believe.

Members don't see this ad :)
Check out "On Call: Principles and Protocols"

OUsooner said:
The blue book is Pocket Medicine by Sabatine. It is concise and evidence-based, and has literature references if you really want to look stuff up.

yeah, but today, I had a patient with myoglobinuria...not a darn thing in Pocket medicine about how to fix it!! Thank god for up to date!!! :eek:

OUsooner said:

at my hospital residents alternated btw the MGH book and Wash Manual.
the smarter ones just used uptoDate.

there is also a night float coverage 'how to' manual available on the UCSF Medicine Residency website for incoming interns.

p diddy