Bored...what to do with free time

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RealRX

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
P4 here, done with rotations and waiting to graduate. Do you guys know what I can do to kill time??? I find it life is kinda boring now that rotations and school is over with. Video games only work to certain extent but otherwise I don't else to do. Any suggestions?

Members don't see this ad.

Kill time? KILL TIME??
Jiminy Christmas...you know what I would do for some free time?

Get in your car. Grab a friend or two, but they aren't necessary if you don't have 'em. Drive somewhere you've never been before. Do something in that place you've never done before. Repeat the next day. Experience life. You are [probably] in the prime of your youth, and the dynamics of your life are going to change significantly in a few short months- you are going to be BEGGING to have time like this back.

Go. Go somewhere. JUST GO!!

Reactions: 4 users
Kill time? KILL TIME??
Jiminy Christmas...you know what I would do for some free time?

Get in your car. Grab a friend or two, but they aren't necessary if you don't have 'em. Drive somewhere you've never been before. Do something in that place you've never done before. Repeat the next day. Experience life. You are [probably] in the prime of your youth, and the dynamics of your life are going to change significantly in a few short months- you are going to be BEGGING to have time like this back.

Go. Go somewhere. JUST GO!!
This was their first post. They were already doing that.

Members don't see this ad :)
I heard you could study for exams called the naplex and cpje. Wonder if that is a good way to use your time? Some people I knew took the exams the day after graduation. Might as well shot for that goal since you are so bored.

I heard you could study for exams called the naplex and cpje. Wonder if that is a good way to use your time? Some people I knew took the exams the day after graduation. Might as well shot for that goal since you are so bored.
You can't take the tests until a few weeks after graduation because your school has to certify that you've graduated to the board of pharmacy who then has to tell the NABP to authorize you to take the test. Still a solid suggestion, though.

Reactions: 1 user
Go on vacation. Even if you have no one to go with, there are tours that you can join up with. If you don't have the money to go on vacation, join some meetups and do some new stuff and meet new people. In a few months when you start working, you'll wish you had the time to be bored.

Go drink some brew with friends from school?

Go workout and get in shape?

Learn a skill or new hobbie? (I'm reading as much as I can about financials/stock trades when I have down time)

Catch up on sleep?....

Go read Goodman & Gilman's, Trissels, package inserts, epocrates, Lexicomp, pharmacists letter, micromedex, and clinical pharmacology...might want to take advantage of having access to some of these while still provided by your college. Reading material this dry would be considered as entertainment only to those who didn't go into pharmacy for financial incentive.

Last edited:
I know several schools that give their P4's summers off and 2 off months during the year. I haven't had any "off" time since Christmas, no summer, and most of my rotations have been clinical in nature so long days and studying afterward. We go on rotation all April, then have to be on campus for lectures and wrap up stuff up until the day of graduation.

Consider yourself lucky, travel while you can before you get a job with oppressive American-style vacation benefits.

Go volunteer and help poor people if you are looking to kill time and are complaining about having so much free time. Stop jerking off in your room all day.

Reactions: 1 user
P4 here, done with rotations and waiting to graduate. Do you guys know what I can do to kill time??? I find it life is kinda boring now that rotations and school is over with. Video games only work to certain extent but otherwise I don't else to do. Any suggestions?

How about burn thru TV series? Netflix, anime. Or, you can troll Craigslist, POF, and OKcupid. I met 6 chicks in a month doing that. They are a fun bunch. Sometimes ONS, sometimes you spend a couple dinners before you get the fun nights. Get your gardisil shot and use a raincoat always.

Hit up your friends to see if they are doing anything, plan for a hike, travel, eating out and outdoor activities.

Try a MMORPG, they will burn your time grinding and you will never think you have enough time to do anything else. Be warned, you might get addicted.