BPPV technique

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nuts2012

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I would like to know the right answer of this question...Please also let me know ur rationale...thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Attachments

• 6F96201A-449E-410B-96D7-51AB90AE22BB.jpg
    6F96201A-449E-410B-96D7-51AB90AE22BB.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 81
This is the Brandt Daroff maneuver. In this technique, the patient moves in the order of the positions described in the paragraph. Epley's is the treatment for BPPV using the Dix-Hallpike position. The Semont maneuver puts the patient in similar positions however the therapist helps guide the patient in those positions with the stable head position instead of the patient doing it by themselves. Canalith re-positioning is another term for the Epley's maneuver, which again involves therapist assistance. Therefore the correct answer is Brandt Daroff. Was this one of your exam questions? Did you get this one right?

This is the Brandt Daroff maneuver. In this technique, the patient moves in the order of the positions described in the paragraph. Epley's is the treatment for BPPV using the Dix-Hallpike position. The Semont maneuver puts the patient in similar positions however the therapist helps guide the patient in those positions with the stable head position instead of the patient doing it by themselves. Canalith re-positioning is another term for the Epley's maneuver, which again involves therapist assistance. Therefore the correct answer is Brandt Daroff. Was this one of your exam questions? Did you get this one right?
thanks Akiramay, this is one of the prac exam question and the answer given for this one is Canalith. I was confused by their answer so posted on this forum. I also thought of Brandt Daroff technique but the answer for this prac qs was Canalith, which didn't convince me.

Members don't see this ad :)
The others have said it. Brandt Daroff for cupulolithiasis of the right posterior SCC. This is not CRT.

thankyou all for your responses