Bu

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I think this is an East Coast/West Coast thing...:p

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone on the west coast get anything from BU yet?

im on the east coast and still havent heard anything from them..hopefully soon and it will be good news

Members don't see this ad :)
JohnBasedow said:
Anyone on the west coast get anything from BU yet?
I'm from California, and I haven't heard anything. My muscles tighten up every time I check my mailbox, but to no avail! SDN is killing me slowly! :scared:

microman said:
I'm from California, and I haven't heard anything. My muscles tighten up every time I check my mailbox, but to no avail! SDN is killing me slowly! :scared:
i think the mail has already come and i'm still at work...bleh!

jiggaman said:
im on the east coast and still havent heard anything from them..hopefully soon and it will be good news

Ditto. I have decided to assume that I'll get deferred...then I won't have my hopes up so much. I just keep praying...

microman said:
SDN is killing me slowly! :scared:

I really need to stop looking at SDN, it really exacerbates the stress of this process. In a good way, of course :laugh:

I just got my acceptance from BU last night. I am in West Coast.
:D

Violet54 said:
I just got my acceptance from BU last night. I am in West Coast.
:D

On the west coast and still nothing ... maybe they are mailing out the acceptances before the hold and rejected letter?

...i just went through my BU packet, and nowhere did I see a form to fill out to "accept" my acceptance and hold my spot. also, nowhere did i see mention of a deposit. just medical forms and two post-card things to mail back for financial aid and an updated mailing address for them.

anyone know what's going on?

i don't want to call the school to ask. they'll be like "who let this nitwit in?"

lightnk102 said:
...i just went through my BU packet, and nowhere did I see a form to fill out to "accept" my acceptance and hold my spot. also, nowhere did i see mention of a deposit. just medical forms and two post-card things to mail back for financial aid and an updated mailing address for them.

anyone know what's going on?

i don't want to call the school to ask. they'll be like "who let this nitwit in?"

They ask you to write a formal letter indicating whether you accept or decline. I didn't see an official form for "accept/decline." When you do accept, they ask you to send your letter along with a signed tech. standards form.

I interviewed November and have not heard anything either. Im also on the West Coast though. I am beginning to think that I am not going to be accepted. Hopefully I dont get rejected.....

I interviewed in October and haven't heard anything since. I called the office yesterday and they told me that letters went out yesterday. I don't know if that means another round of acceptance letters, or if it was just deferment and rejection letters. I'm guessing though that it's the latter... either way, it may be a few days before we hear...

Members don't see this ad :)
I live in Boston and I got a deferred letter today.

At the very least I hope to get a deferred letter. Anything but a straight rejection would be okay. Hopefully its an acceptance!!!!!I cant wait go home and check the mail!

DeterminedMD said:
At the very least I hope to get a deferred letter. Anything but a straight rejection would be okay. Hopefully its an acceptance!!!!!I cant wait go home and check the mail!

well... :confused:

DrYo12 said:

So I rushed home and checked the mail only to find...Absolutely NOTHING :cool:

DeterminedMD said:
So I rushed home and checked the mail only to find...Absolutely NOTHING :cool:
So I rushed home to find...I'M IN! :D

is it safe to say that we arent goin to see anymore acceptances and that its now goin to be defferment or rejection letters..well at least for ppl on the east coast

DrYo12 said:
DrYo12, did you really get in? If so, then congrats! Still waiting for a letter... any letter.

microman said:
DrYo12, did you really get in? If so, then congrats! Still waiting for a letter... any letter.
yes, microman, i really did get in. Did I meet you at the interviews?

DrYo12 said:
yes, microman, i really did get in. Did I meet you at the interviews?
don't think so.

got a deferment in the mail yesterday, and i live on the east coast.. at least it's not a rejection..

Congratulations to everyone that's been accepted to BU.

I'm still waiting to hear anything post-secondary. BU has this on their website:

Routine Application
Receipt of AMCAS application: 6/1/04-11/1/04
Interviews (by invitation only): 10/1/04-1/30/05
Earliest notice of acceptance: 1/12/05

Does that mean they only interview until 1/30 or that they send out invitations until 1/30? I thought maybe you guys would know... :)

Nevermind, I found my own answer...they interview til early Feb.

Yo, was the letter delivered via Priority mail or regular First Class? I think if we haven't heard anything from them yet, we got shafted.

DrYo12 said:

still nothing...i think its over

newbiedoc said:
Yo, was the letter delivered via Priority mail or regular First Class? I think if we haven't heard anything from them yet, we got shafted.

it was via regular first class mail. remember what Dean Wirtzburg said about a good chance of getting in once you are on the waiting list. Basically, alot of people apply to BU that are not going to go there and he was saying that a good portion of the people on the waiting list ended up getting in.

Don't fret yet! :oops:

DrYo12 said:
it was via regular first class mail. remember what Dean Wirtzburg said about a good chance of getting in once you are on the waiting list. Basically, alot of people apply to BU that are not going to go there and he was saying that a good portion of the people on the waiting list ended up getting in.

Don't fret yet! :oops:

Yeah he did say that, but he also said they put VERYYY few people on the waiting list. And this round of decisions is either on hold fo further decision, rejection, or acceptance. I think he said it is when they send out most of the acceptances in March that they put some people on the waiting list.

So my neighbors accidently got my mail yesterday and brought it over at like 9pm. I was hoping for something from BU....but nothing! So I am figuring at this point I am either on hold or rejected. :(

DeterminedMD said:
Yeah he did say that, but he also said they put VERYYY few people on the waiting list. And this round of decisions is either on hold fo further decision, rejection, or acceptance. I think he said it is when they send out most of the acceptances in March that they put some people on the waiting list.

So my neighbors accidently got my mail yesterday and brought it over at like 9pm. I was hoping for something from BU....but nothing! So I am figuring at this point I am either on hold or rejected. :(
hang in there, sweetie!

*keeps fingers crossed*

DrYo12 said:
hang in there, sweetie!

*keeps fingers crossed*

Thanks Yo.....I called home to check if I had mail from BU and I didnt :( .
***Sigh**

got deferred..whatever

For all those who got shafted, was the envelop small and thin? Was it in one of those thick packets? Man, applying to medical sucks, unless you have 10+ interviews. I don't know whether I should start studying for the MCAT again, volunteering, researching, traveling, or working. There are a lot of options in life, but if you know the ad coms are watching your every move, those options are limited.

jiggaman said:
got deferred..whatever

When I saw a small packet in the mail from BU i was praying it was not a rejection and it turned out to be a deferment letter and that made me very happy :D

To all those who are still waiting for some kind of response...don't loose hope. I'm on the east coast and after anxiously awaiting for DAYS, i called them to see what's going on (my mom was convinced that the letter got lost in the mail!). They told me that my interviewer didn't give the committee my file on time and i will have to wait till March to hear from them. BTW, i interviewed on 12/10. So having a later interview/ procrastinating interviewer might be why you haven't heard anything. I hope this info puts some of you at ease!

Ek...my first post EVER!!!

ednamode said:
To all those who are still waiting for some kind of response...don't loose hope. I'm on the east coast and after anxiously awaiting for DAYS, i called them to see what's going on (my mom was convinced that the letter got lost in the mail!). They told me that my interviewer didn't give the committee my file on time and i will have to wait till March to hear from them. BTW, i interviewed on 12/10. So having a later interview/ procrastinating interviewer might be why you haven't heard anything. I hope this info puts some of you at ease!

Ek...my first post EVER!!!

Awwwww...I really hope I dont fall in this category. Wait til March...ahhhh. I hope my interviewer didnt procrastinate

Hey guys,

I am declining my acceptance from B.U. I thought the school and students were great, but I am just not in love with Boston. Good luck to those of you who are hoping to be/planning to be in the B.U. class of 2009!

:)Treg

To all who were accepted -- did anyone get a call recently from a current med student? I think we all got contacted by our interviewers in some form (a nice touch) and now are we all hearing from students offering assistance with our decision? I figure I am not alone in this boat here and I know many other people accepted are on SDN, just want to see who else got this call.

Do other schools do this sort of thing or is it just BU? I haven't gotten it from the other school I was accepted at.

Bostonmedgirl00 said:
To all who were accepted -- did anyone get a call recently from a current med student? I think we all got contacted by our interviewers in some form (a nice touch) and now are we all hearing from students offering assistance with our decision? I figure I am not alone in this boat here and I know many other people accepted are on SDN, just want to see who else got this call.

Do other schools do this sort of thing or is it just BU? I haven't gotten it from the other school I was accepted at.

I didn't receive a call from my interviewer, but I did receive a call from a current MS2 yesterday. I was put a bit on the spot when he asked me whether I had any questions. I didn't expect "recruiting" to start so early. I figured maybe a little further on towards May. But it was definitely a nice touch. Personalized attention always makes me feel special!

lightnk102 said:
I didn't receive a call from my interviewer, but I did receive a call from a current MS2 yesterday. I was put a bit on the spot when he asked me whether I had any questions. I didn't expect "recruiting" to start so early. I figured maybe a little further on towards May. But it was definitely a nice touch. Personalized attention always makes me feel special!

I got a call as well! Very nice touch. I had had a long day, so it was a very welcome phone call. And verification that I was indeed accepted! :) Sometimes I question that! Congrats to all! What other schools are you all considering? Which way are you leaning? Karin

I'm pretty sure BU is done interviewing because their website says they are only interviewing until 1/31.... but I just wanted to know if anyone got confirmation from their admis office...

I haven't heard a word since being complete in early December so I'm assuming rejection...

rugirlie said:
I'm pretty sure BU is done interviewing because their website says they are only interviewing until 1/31.... but I just wanted to know if anyone got confirmation from their admis office...

I haven't heard a word since being complete in early December so I'm assuming rejection...

They are not done interviewing. I cancelled an interview with them that was scheduled for 2/2.

CarleneM said:
They are not done interviewing. I cancelled an interview with them that was scheduled for 2/2.

Thanks for the info, but if i haven't even been contacted about an interview yet that I doubt one is eminent.

are invites given out via e-mail or snail mail? i'm asking because they said that they e-mailed me to tell me that my application was complete in december, but I never got that e-mail. i'm wondering if MAYBE the invite got lost somehow in my bulk mail folder...

em31 said:
are invites given out via e-mail or snail mail? i'm asking because they said that they e-mailed me to tell me that my application was complete in december, but I never got that e-mail. i'm wondering if MAYBE the invite got lost somehow in my bulk mail folder...

Email. They give you a few dates to choose.

Since BU's website says they interview until the end of january I'd say its time to give up hope on Boston University.

Tufts says "We hold all complete applications under active consideration for an interview until the end of February, and we interview until the end of April. It is not uncommon for an applicant whose application became complete in the fall to be invited for an interview in the winter or spring."

Treg said:
Hey guys,

I am declining my acceptance from B.U. I thought the school and students were great, but I am just not in love with Boston. Good luck to those of you who are hoping to be/planning to be in the B.U. class of 2009!

:)Treg

wow... you've had some incredible acceptances there! Congratulations!! :D I'm wondering (if you wouldn't mind me asking) how you're making your decision? I've been accepted to a few of the same schools (BU, MSSM and Cornell specifically) and am starting to struggle with the upcoming decision. How are you weighing pros/cons?