Bu

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I also got accepted to BU and received a call from a MS2 student yesterday but so far no call or email from my interviewer. ??????

Members don't see this ad.

indo said:
Since BU's website says they interview until the end of january I'd say its time to give up hope on Boston University.

Tufts says "We hold all complete applications under active consideration for an interview until the end of February, and we interview until the end of April. It is not uncommon for an applicant whose application became complete in the fall to be invited for an interview in the winter or spring."

Naw, don't give up hope. I got an interview invite a few days ago. I'll be declining it, so there's at least one more spot for someone.

soprano said:
wow... you've had some incredible acceptances there! Congratulations!! :D I'm wondering (if you wouldn't mind me asking) how you're making your decision? I've been accepted to a few of the same schools (BU, MSSM and Cornell specifically) and am starting to struggle with the upcoming decision. How are you weighing pros/cons?

I have sent you a PM, so that I do not hijack the thread :) Treg

Members don't see this ad :)
I didn't get a call from my interviewer (nor an email - but I emailed her to thank her for pulling for me during the committee meeting).

But I did get a call the other night from a MS2. He sounded cute. I didn't answer, so he left a message. It was funny because they must have been stationed out in some phone room - I could hear all of the other "Hey, Congratulations! My name is ___ and I'm a MS2 at BU. I just want to know if you had any questions..." conversations going on all around him!

That was a nice touch, BU. Nice. Touch.

With a tour led by a 3rd or 4th year (who is MIA from other schools...understandable though), a really good hot lunch, and then a personalized phone call from an MS2, I think BU is very good at selling itself. ajt2003, I agree with you because I heard lots of conversations and the phone call came from a BU med line. I like the person who called me because he seemed really interested in knowing more about me than just selling BU. He did say the typical things about how BU is great because it serves the underserved population and has great clinical skills and research. But, he asked where I was from, what I like, etc. It was definitely a good phone call and an extremely nice touch on BU's part.

kc123, I'm considering my state school (lsu-no) and bu. The costs sets them far apart from each other, but I'm having a difficult decision deciding on which one.

I was accepted by BU but still no phone call from a med student :(

My interviewer did call a while back to congratulate me on my acceptance though! Really made me feel warm and fuzzy about the school...

WTF. i graduated from BU undergrad, work at BU med, and got in. why hasnt anyone called me? im gonna have to reevaluate this friendship

thread hijack start:

melimi said:
Pharmacology Dept. 6th floor

what a coincidence, so do I!!

thread hijack ended

melimi said:
wtf. Behavioral Pharma, Kornetsky lab
u??

Molecular Neuro-Farb/Russek/Gibbs (primarily Russek)

PM me for more info (to keep from permanently hijacking the thread).

Members don't see this ad :)
BU stops giving out invites today, right? I e-mailed them today and they told me that my file was still under review. Why didn't they just tell me that I was rejected already, since I haven't received an invite by now?

em31 said:
BU stops giving out invites today, right? I e-mailed them today and they told me that my file was still under review. Why didn't they just tell me that I was rejected already, since I haven't received an invite by now?

May I ask you where you got this info from? Do they really stop sending invites today? <sigh> This really sucks big time! :( :( :( :( :( Boston hates me!! :mad: Really depressing cuz I really liked the school a lot...

KiKat37 said:
May I ask you where you got this info from? Do they really stop sending invites today? <sigh> This really sucks big time! :( :( :( :( :( Boston hates me!! :mad: Really depressing cuz I really liked the school a lot...

i remember reading about it in the pamphlet that they sent me after I submitted my AMCAS. it gave deadlines for when secondaries should be submitted and when interviews were given out.

em31 said:
i remember reading about it in the pamphlet that they sent me after I submitted my AMCAS. it gave deadlines for when secondaries should be submitted and when interviews were given out.

i guess this is their sched:

Routine Application
Receipt of AMCAS application: 6/1/04-11/1/04
Interviews (by invitation only): 10/1/04-1/30/05
Earliest notice of acceptance: 1/12/05

got it from admissions site:
http://www.bumc.bu.edu/Dept/Content.aspx?DepartmentID=37&PageID=9615

i just got an invite today, so maybe they're behind schedule :)
good luck!

CocoMD said:
i just got an invite today, so maybe they're behind schedule :)
good luck!

I betcha they received more applications than they anticipated when they set up that time line.

Good job!

According to the rejection thread, people with seemingly much better applications than mine are being rejected post secondary while I'm being dragged along by what I imagine is a very thin thread. What is the story on this? I haven't been rejected nor have I been offered an interview but people with better applications are rejected with no interview. Arggg!

BU is running behind now.

I had an interview scheduled on January 24th ....but it got canceled due to the horrible snow storm that weekend... :mad: Harvard, Tufts, and BU were "officially closed" for that day... Additionally, Logan airport was closed on Saturday and some of Sunday, which may caused some interviewers arriving in for interviews later in the week to reschedule... So, it looks like they're opening up some more dates in February to accomodate these people and send out more invites.

When I was thinking of rescheduling my interview, the interview coordinator informed me that the last day they're inteviewing is February 18th.

Hope this helps, and good luck to those waiting to hear! :luck: :luck:

Ambs said:
BU is running behind now.

I got stuck in the door because I had one too many burgers....all I want is a desi husband who loves me. But I know that I can not get one so I am going on this quest to get a MD so I can become a doctor so I don't need a mans income. MEN ARE EVIL! God I hate men!

I am going to eat a burger.

its okay ambs....i can help you work through this. Relax....men are not evil...

I second that, men are not evil.

indo said:
According to the rejection thread, people with seemingly much better applications than mine are being rejected post secondary while I'm being dragged along by what I imagine is a very thin thread. What is the story on this? I haven't been rejected nor have I been offered an interview but people with better applications are rejected with no interview. Arggg!

it depends on when you were complete. they may not have read your application yet. i only say this because i have far-below-average stats and have not been rejected yet. however, i was only complete in late november due to an LOR malfunction.

swifteagle43 said:
its okay ambs....i can help you work through this. Relax....men are not evil...

Beautifully eloquent.

Thank you for your genuine concern and generosity, but I think you may have the wrong idea. I think men are great, at least the ones in my life thus far have been. :D

Any way, this is a thread is about BU, so don't invade it with completely unrelated and irrelevant posts, unless you have something informative to say regarding BU. Thank you, once again, though for your kindness and willingness to help.

Sincerely,

Ambs

swifteagle43 said:
AMBS! Stop hitting on me! I don't like you!

As I said before, refrain from completely changing my posts and adding text that I never said. People on this thread want information on BU, and I genuinely understand that concern and post what I know about BU. You, however, possess absolutely no knowledge on this matter, so, again, stop invading this thread and stop changing my posts. If you are entertained by such obnoxious, immature, and fruitless endeavors, then you do not belong here.

Congratulations on everyone accepted to BU, and good luck to those waiting to hear. :luck:

I got a call from a MS2 as well. It was a pleasant and suspicious surprise, i have to admit. I mean first my interviewer sent me a personal e-mail and then i get this call from a student. I feel like BU is kinda going out of its way to keep me or something. I am skeptical of these "nice" gestures...

Hey Lightnk102,

Other than our common interest in Intl. Medicine/MPH etc., i realise that we both got into BU as well. I will prolly end up at BU, unless i hear from Emory. How about you? Where are you from? Which ugrad do you goto? Interests...?

lightnk102 said:
I didn't receive a call from my interviewer, but I did receive a call from a current MS2 yesterday. I was put a bit on the spot when he asked me whether I had any questions. I didn't expect "recruiting" to start so early. I figured maybe a little further on towards May. But it was definitely a nice touch. Personalized attention always makes me feel special!

does anyone know when the adcom is meeting for final decisions? I know they said late february early march but they also said that they will stop interviewing early feb but they are not done yet. Thanks ! :)

I want to congratulate everyone who has been accepted by Boston. :) Did anyone of you guys interview in January? If so, when? Thanks.

I just got an interview invite today... weirdest thing ever since I called up on friday and asked when rejections were being sent out.. the woman checks my file, puts me on hold for 2 min and then says "well, rejections get sent out all the time, so you should hear in the next 2 weeks" doesn't that seem fishy, like they forgot to invite me? oh well, i guess i won't question it and just rejoice :)

congrats rugirlie !! :)

So the majority of the acceptances are supposed to go out this month arent they? Anyone know when?

I got a letter in the mail on monday from the admissions office that said all decisions would be mailed out in the third week of March. So I would say we wont hear anything for at least two weeks from today.

I don't remember where I got this information from, but I do recall March 15th being the date that letters would be sent out. So I guess we'll hear the end of next week?? Good luck!! :luck:

I didn't send an "update" letter (read, why you're dying to go to BU) and I'm wondering what that'll do to my chances. It seems that the last letter I got seemed to encourage sending letters, but at the same time, I don't have anything more to add to my record. I feel I could make a good case for why I'd be a good match at BU, but that doesn't seem to justify taking someone's time. What do y'all think?

Larsitron said:
I didn't send an "update" letter (read, why you're dying to go to BU) and I'm wondering what that'll do to my chances. It seems that the last letter I got seemed to encourage sending letters, but at the same time, I don't have anything more to add to my record. I feel I could make a good case for why I'd be a good match at BU, but that doesn't seem to justify taking someone's time. What do y'all think?

I'm feeling the exact same way, Larsitron. Let's just keep our fingers crossed and hope for the best! :luck:

Larsitron said:

Don't be silly! YOU payed THEM to review your application(s). Make them earn their money! Better than wondering, "what if" after it's all said and done.

yeah I would definately send letters in, they really seemed to encourage that. does anyone know if they are meeting on the 15th to decide? If they are.. its almost here !!! Good luck everyone ! :luck:

The letter I received said that decisions would go out the third week of March. I assume that means we should hear by the end of next week. But, knowing this process, we'll hear week after next.

[Someone want to call their office?]

What the heck, I will on Monday and post what I find out.

Ambs said:
The letter I received said that decisions would go out the third week of March. I assume that means we should hear by the end of next week. But, knowing this process, we'll hear week after next.

lol thanks ambs ! :)

Ambs said:

Anyone hear anything yet?

We have what the letter said, and also the dean, when I was there interviewing, said letters would go out March 15th... as in tomorrow. So I think we might hear this week. :)

u can prob call the admissions office by tomorrow if letters are to be sent by then. thats how i found out i got in. all u need is ur aamc#, and they have no prob telling u.

i'm also anxiously awaiting the next round! i interviewed the 2nd week of feb. and my interviewer said the committee will be meeting March 17, so we could expect letters by the 26... it would be great if it's actually the 15, though! good luck everyone!

melimi said:
u can prob call the admissions office by tomorrow if letters are to be sent by then. thats how i found out i got in. all u need is ur aamc#, and they have no prob telling u.

Really? Hmm, is anyone else gonna do this? This is kinda scary, I don't know.

That's wierd that there are two dates out there, march 15th and 17th. I don't think that the committee will meet twice to make final decisions on applicants. Maybe the committee is meeting on the 17th for all applicants. I am confused :confused:

This may be nothing but pure, unadulterated speculation on my part, but given that March 17th is also match day, I don't think that they'd do it then. Also, the class has to be filled by the 15th, so I'd reckon that the 15th is a better choice (but I'll have to consult my ouija board first).

I called them today.

"You should hear by the end of this month."

Uh.. so I guess we'll hear by the end of this month.