burned out by bio, and lunch

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pagingdrjohns

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I've taken four full-length practice tests now and every time my bio sucks! I mean seriously sucks!!! (4's and 5's) :scared:

However, if I do a full-length bio practice test without doing the other three sections before hand I do reasonably well (around 9's) the only reason I can think of for this vast differentiatioin is that by the time I get to bio on a full-length I am burnt out and sort of stop thinking.

How did you or how are you preparing yourself to beat the burnout? :confused: :confused:

Another stupid question, can I leave the building and campus for lunch on MCAT day? It would be so encouraging if I could run get a bite with my husband somewhere.

Members don't see this ad.

you can leave campus where i take it. just make sure you're back in an hour.

Medikit said:
What I did for Bio was do the essays as quickly as I could and rested my head after each one. I got an N on the writing section which was one below my goal.

That is a good idea. I usually do well on anything written, so I'm not super stressed about the essays. As long as I get through them without any major grammatical errors I should be okay!

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
pagingdrjohns said:
So I've taken four full-length practice tests now and every time my bio sucks! I mean seriously sucks!!! (4's and 5's) :scared:

However, if I do a full-length bio practice test without doing the other three sections before hand I do reasonably well (around 9's) the only reason I can think of for this vast differentiatioin is that by the time I get to bio on a full-length I am burnt out and sort of stop thinking.

How did you or how are you preparing yourself to beat the burnout? :confused: :confused:

Another stupid question, can I leave the building and campus for lunch on MCAT day? It would be so encouraging if I could run get a bite with my husband somewhere.

let's see.... are you starting your tests in the morning? if you do the entire test - be sure to start early so that you don't end up doing the bio too late... you want to mimic the test situation as closely as possible. it's all about stamina, so just keep working on it. make sure that it's not any major gap in knowledge that's messing up your score -- if it truly is fatigue, see if you can utilize your breaks to relax a little bit and help you focus. there's definitely a large mental component -- remember that you can do just fine on the bio, since you know the material. relax and think of it as a opportunity to show the med schools how much you know. don't panic. just do your best. hope that helps.

husband! no wonder you get burned out, you need to come back to the young days when you can chug along forever without feeling a thing. or maybe its just me, haha i jest. i believe you can leave for food. but no soporific food!