C-Arm Hooked Up to TV/LED Monitor

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dr Manhattan

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Who has their C-arm hooked up to an external monitor/TV mounted on the wall? can any LED/LCD TV be used? obviously resolution is of the utmost importance. I am just looking for a bigger display rather than the built in monitor on our OEC 9800.

Members don't see this ad.

Haven't done this but I don't see why you couldn't. You probably just need to call the IT people or whoever is servicing your c-arm. I wouldn't want to mess with the warrantee unless they're doing it themselves.

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't think you can do this. Your c arm was approved by the fda as a package. Is there an aux port on the back of the monitor cart?

when I was interviewing for jobs/fellowship, there was a practice that had their c-arm hooked up to a 40-50" LED monitor. it was very impressive in terms of set up and optimal placement and viewing of the monitor for the physician.

I have exactly this setup. I copied it from Dr. April, who has been doing it that way since before I started training (in 2003)

I have exactly this setup. I copied it from Dr. April, who has been doing it that way since before I started training (in 2003)
Ampa, what c-arm do you have? What type of monitor is it hooked up to? Is it wired how Steve mentioned?

9600 in 2 offices with 42" 480p monitors. 9900 in 3 others.

Last edited:
Most likely, this will involve BNC to VGA or DVI converter.
There are couple converters on the market that can help you accomplish this without costing too much.

If you have hard time finding this module, please message me and I can find one for you.