Caapid ccycle 2012

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

toothfairyqueen

Dental Student
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
This thread is for all types of queries for CAAPID APPLICATION CYCLE 2012. :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
as a reapplicant do we need to send official or notarized (as asked by colleges )transcripts toefel,nbde,ece again to colleges..what abut caapid n school fees as reapplicants?
yes because it gives you a new username and deletes your old application.. citation below

http://www.adea.org/dental_education_pathways/CAAPID/Pages/NoticetoRe-Applicants.aspx

You are here: ADEA Internet » Dental Education Pathways » Centralized Application for Advanced Placement for International Dentists (CAAPID) » Notice to Re-Applicants
Notice to Re-Applicants

If you are re-applying to programs using ADEA CAAPID 2012, you must submit a new web-based application including all new required documents. Applicants cannot use their previous applications.

as a reapplicant do we need to send official or notarized (as asked by colleges )transcripts toefel,nbde,ece again to colleges..what abut caapid n school fees as reapplicants?

TO BE SENT DOCUMENTS ARE
1.SEALED ECE
course by course WITH TRANSCRIPT MATCHING FORM
2. EACH SEALED LOR attached WITH ITS SPECIFIC LOR MATCHING FORM i.e total of 3 matching forms for 3 LORs

NO TOEFL/NBDE SCORE REPORTS ARE REQUIRED, JUST FILL IN YOUR SCORE MANUALLY, SCHOOLS WILL ASK REPORTS DIRECTLY FROM YOU

Last edited:
hi,
@toothfairy queen, as far as i remember, to caapid, we just send ece course by course evaluation with the transcript matching form...i know, my ece evaluation was sealed too, i just filled the matching form and put them together in another envelope and posted! ..........NYU had asked for a notarized copy of official college transcript,along with additional documents! ........
thus if any college asks for transcripts, send 'em only then! .........do not send the sealed ece , cause they only ask for the original one once you get acceptance, otherwise, caapid generated application with the evalu. is enough.....

hi,
@toothfairy queen, as far as i remember, to caapid, we just send ece course by course evaluation with the transcript matching form...i know, my ece evaluation was sealed too, i just filled the matching form and put them together in another envelope and posted! ..........NYU had asked for a notarized copy of official college transcript,along with additional documents! ........
thus if any college asks for transcripts, send 'em only then! .........do not send the sealed ece , cause they only ask for the original one once you get acceptance, otherwise, caapid generated application with the evalu. is enough.....

thnks to correct me, i edited the above info :)

hello folks...
can someone please advice me what should i do if i already have the stamped and sealed LORs from my proffessors.??? CAAPID wants LORs to be attached to a form....!!!

hello folks...
can someone please advice me what should i do if i already have the stamped and sealed LORs from my proffessors.??? CAAPID wants LORs to be attached to a form....!!!

attach the lor matching form to each sealed lor's envelope via a staple. put all 3 lors in one bigger envelope and post to caapid.

thank you toothfairyqueen....this lowered a ton of load off my head!!!!lol

I have a question about statement of person? Most of the universities have different requirements for Personal statement. so how can we send that through caapid to different university as different SOP. i mean if i copy and paste the SOP, the same will go to all the university, right?

I have a question about statement of person? Most of the universities have different requirements for Personal statement. so how can we send that through caapid to different university as different SOP. i mean if i copy and paste the SOP, the same will go to all the university, right?

Yes you are right..Thats why you need to prepare SOP which include specific demands & general demands of dental schools...Remember take enough time to prepare SOP...because that's the one is important..

Yes you are right..Thats why you need to prepare SOP which include specific demands & general demands of dental schools...Remember take enough time to prepare SOP...because that's the one is important..

Thank you for replying.
Can you tell me what can i write in SOP? can you give me a rough idea?
Thanks.

Members don't see this ad :)
please take the SOP seriously! it reflects who you are!
when i started writing mine, i thought yea sure, piece of cake , but no ,it was quite the opposite....i don't know about others but i am a modest person, simply didn't know how to put passion in my writing style. Like the question that what made you choose dentistry? .....in my case, just like that! no deep thought process really........but i had to really think of incidents in my life where i ever gave a second thought to teeth,mine or others:D
my advice would be to write down your SOP and if u can get hold of natives or friends who have studied here , show it to them.this proves helpful cause my friend and cousin didn't add anything to my SOP ,just rearranged the words and i was like, wow, this does make a good impression...........don't worry, write your own stuff, you can do it.....everyone can , just got to have faith in yourself.
about different schools having different req. i believe that if a certain school wants an essay asking for specific info, that is a supplemental document, thus, if they ask for it, u send it separately .....the SOP that u send via caapid is good for all !

Thank you toothfairyqueen and georgia doc. I really appreciate your help.

would like to know if i have a sealed LOR from dean and a professor from dental school from last year, can i just send them caapid with LOR matching paper request form?

who are the best three people to write our LOR imeant toask dean/ professor of dental school/ practising dentist in USA?

plz reply thanks

would like to know that if i have not rrequested the LOR and i want to esubmit my 2012 caapid application willl I be able to add the names of doctors for my LOR later?

hi if u have passed NBDE part1 and part2, when we request the official score request from JCNDE do they send official score report for both part 1 and part 2 together or we have to request both separate? thanks

hi if u have passed NBDE part1 and part2, when we request the official score request from JCNDE do they send official score report for both part 1 and part 2 together or we have to request both separate? thanks

I think you have to order it separately...But i advise you to call JCNDE first..
about the LOR..Hmmm...one out of three will be definitely of Dean...I advise you to take other from HOD or professor of your college as you were practicing under them in your dental school..& one will be from one of the licensed dentist of USA..that will create good impression..

again thats what i think...you can take advice from others may be your seniors who are already in dental school in USA..

If you have appeared for part 2...then you will get both your part 1 and part 2 score on a one report..you dont have to order them seperately

one more question. one SOP is for CAAPID and others are with requirements. so, when i write the required SOP, it should be totally different from the one that is for all university(caapid sop) or is it okay if i write little bit similar to caapid sop?

Thanks.

i just want to know whether we can update our professional experience later or not?????

Hello! im just about to order my ECE report but i have a confusion. U have said that u need to attach a match form? where do i find this? i suppose i cannot have ECE deliver it directly to CAAPID then????
so should i send an additional copy to my house and then add this matching form and then send it back?...thats gonna take much more longer! :S :S :S

@ dr zinc, according to instructions in caapid u will not be able to update personal experiences

in the list of colleges attended u will find ur transcript matching form for ECE, all u have to do is whenu recieve the sealed transcript from ECE, send that with the print of transcript matching form from your caapid appln.

in the list of colleges attended u will find ur transcript matching form for ECE, all u have to do is whenu recieve the sealed transcript from ECE, send that with the print of transcript matching form from your caapid appln.

Just saw it, thank u so much!! :)

can we update our professional experience later...presently i dont have US work experience but soon m planning to work here... so will i be able to update this to my CAAPID application later???

anyone who knows this please reply!!!

can we update our professional experience later...presently i dont have US work experience but soon m planning to work here... so will i be able to update this to my CAAPID application later???

experience section cannot be updated after e submission cappid.. only the scores can be updated.....

My dentist where i volunteered said she will directly post to the LOR to the univeristy.I will explain her about caapid,but how does it work? if i send my application to caapid, can she send the lor seperately ? is there any problem in sending like that? like delaying etc .anyone shed some light.thanks

experience section cannot be updated after e submission cappid.. only the scores can be updated.....

thanks for the reply...does this means i wont be able to show US work experience this years CAAPID cycle??? can you please advice me what should i do???

Hey Friends ,
Can any of the senior member plz name the schools which have rolling admission or give importance to early application.

i went through each schools LOR requirement..some say they need from dean , professor, present person uncder whom you are employed, and some Head Of Department.. But CAAPID allows only 3 LORs ..How do we sort out as o which ones to send to CAAPID !!:confused::confused:

PLEASE HELP!

hey drzinc, u can't update in caapid application, but after getting experince, write down to universities separatly wat u have done later. I know that coz i was having experience but after doing extra efforts, did updation later to the uni. separatly and they also accepted that. hope it will help to you too!

send one of dean, one from US dentist, one of ur school professor. dean and US dentists LOR matter more..

i went through each schools LOR requirement..some say they need from dean , professor, present person uncder whom you are employed, and some Head Of Department.. But CAAPID allows only 3 LORs ..How do we sort out as o which ones to send to CAAPID !!:confused::confused:

PLEASE HELP!

its with almost all universities but BU, nyu, uop, upenn, ucsf, ucla, sure apply early to these uni.

Hey Friends ,
Can any of the senior member plz name the schools which have rolling admission or give importance to early application.

he can, but ask him to give that to u so that u can post all 3 together.

My dentist where i volunteered said she will directly post to the LOR to the univeristy.I will explain her about caapid,but how does it work? if i send my application to caapid, can she send the lor seperately ? is there any problem in sending like that? like delaying etc .anyone shed some light.thanks

thank you Benny4567....

Hi
Is the WES Evaluation report sufficient or do I have to send the ECE report too or only the ECE as most universities accept ECE evaluation?
Thanks

hello friends
when we fill the transcript matching form they ask you about the dates of your school attended.I had attended the same college for my internship where i completed my BDS degree. my questions are:

1. Do we have to include the one year time of internship or just the four year period of BDS degree. eg. i joined school in 2002 and completed the final year of BDS in dec 2007.My internship started in january 2008 and completed in December 2008. So what should i fill in that, from 2002 to dec 2007 or dec 2008

2.What do we have to fill in the campus attended portion?

3. what does that mean when they say that you have to submit this form to the school's registrar for prompt handling ( on the top line of the transcript form)? Do we really need that?

hello friends
when we fill the transcript matching form they ask you about the dates of your school attended.I had attended the same college for my internship where i completed my BDS degree. my questions are:

1. Do we have to include the one year time of internship or just the four year period of BDS degree. eg. i joined school in 2002 and completed the final year of BDS in dec 2007.My internship started in january 2008 and completed in December 2008. So what should i fill in that, from 2002 to dec 2007 or dec 2008

2.What do we have to fill in the campus attended portion?

3. what does that mean when they say that you have to submit this form to the school's registrar for prompt handling ( on the top line of the transcript form)? Do we really need that?

1. Do we have to include the one year time of internship or just the four year period of BDS degree. eg. i joined school in 2002 and completed the final year of BDS in dec 2007.My internship started in january 2008 and completed in December 2008. So what should i fill in that, from 2002 to dec 2007 or dec 2008- 2002 to 2008

2.What do we have to fill in the campus attended portion?just write the name of the dental college

you dont need to do that..just fill out the form and attach it to your ece envelope

thanks appu09
1. Do we have to include the one year time of internship or just the four year period of BDS degree. eg. i joined school in 2002 and completed the final year of BDS in dec 2007.My internship started in january 2008 and completed in December 2008. So what should i fill in that, from 2002 to dec 2007 or dec 2008- 2002 to 2008

2.What do we have to fill in the campus attended portion?just write the name of the dental college

you dont need to do that..just fill out the form and attach it to your ece envelope

Do we have to send official, sealed ECE reports to CAAPID or a copy is enough?

Hi,
please ,I wanna help,,,,I want to know what to do after submitting caapid application.....should I direcly send required documents to universities I selected or should I first wait for answer through caapid application...and how much time caapid needs to process my application....please urgent help.......

Hi,
please ,I wanna help,,,,I want to know what to do after submitting caapid application.....should I direcly send required documents to universities I selected or should I first wait for answer through caapid application...and how much time caapid needs to process my application....please urgent help.......

Send the required documents to the schoos that mention that you need to send the documents..caapid does not send any notification of delivery of applications...they usually send out applications every Thursday..y

Send the required documents to the schoos that mention that you need to send the documents..caapid does not send any notification of delivery of applications...they usually send out applications every Thursday..y
ok , but I think these documents should be sent after the caapid application is processed , is this true?

ok , but I think these documents should be sent after the caapid application is processed , is this true?

not necessary ...once u submit the caapid u can send out the suppklemental documents to the school..even those take 2-3 days to reach the school(if u send by priority mail)

What do I tick in the Waiver access of the Letters of Recommendation?
Do I waive my access or not? Does it make any difference?

Thanks