Caapid ccycle 2012

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I don't have experience with sending Notarized. I did original.

I suggest to check instructions on the CAAPID website:
http://www.adea.org/dental_education_pathways/CAAPID/Pages/RequiredOptionalPaperDocuments.aspx

I already check those. But uts nt clearly mention that i have to submitte original. Not to waste money was fundamental idea :p

Go to “Evaluated Transcripts” in the “My Application Status” section of your application. The date of receipt of your evaluated transcripts is listed. Your evaluated transcript is listed—if it has been received by ADEA CAAPID—even if you have not yet submitted your ADEA CAAPID application

So is it mean i can send recco n ECE to caapid. before submitting application CAAPID..:confused:

Members don't see this ad.

I already check those. But uts nt clearly mention that i have to submitte original. Not to waste money was fundamental idea :p

Go to “Evaluated Transcripts” in the “My Application Status” section of your application. The date of receipt of your evaluated transcripts is listed. Your evaluated transcript is listed—if it has been received by ADEA CAAPID—even if you have not yet submitted your ADEA CAAPID application

So is it mean i can send recco n ECE to caapid. before submitting application CAAPID..:confused:

Yes you can. As long as you use the correct Matching forms.

Yes you can. As long as you use the correct Matching forms.

Caapid need original transcript with matching form. so does it mean i have to request ECE copy at my home n nt to caapid directly?? Can i send official ECE to UCSF before submitting application to Caapid???

Members don't see this ad :)
Please reply :confused:
What should I write under average hour worked/week?
For example-- I participated in mission of mercy. I worked there just for 3 days?
Then what should I write about hrs worked/week and about the date?
Because acc to CAAPLD application I can mention month and year only not the date?
please friends reply soon..
thnx a lot..

Please reply :confused:
What should I write under average hour worked/week?
For example-- I participated in mission of mercy. I worked there just for 3 days?
Then what should I write about hrs worked/week and about the date?
Because acc to CAAPLD application I can mention month and year only not the date?
please friends reply soon..
thnx a lot..

Last edited:
In which section of caapid should i have to write about observership??? Externship or community health experience or other relevant information.

I think under public health experience and community health experience..
I did that..
can u tell me where i can mention my internship?

In which section of caapid should i have to write about observership??? Externship or community health experience or other relevant information.

I think under public health experience and community health experience..
I did that..
can u tell me where i can mention my internship?
internship is part of your degree.. not work experience.. dnt mess tht up showing it as practice of dentistry.. since you dnt get your degree widout it. its covered under your education...

If admitted, program will require official transcripts from dental program to be directly sent to program.
 Please submit mark sheets, copy of Dental Degree, Proof of License to practice to program. Please submit all
forms in original language and English translation where applicable.

Is it mean they need marksheet and degree certi while addmitted and not while applying?????:confused:

I have to send ECE and Letter of evaluation to caapid? we dont need to send them toefl n nbde score n dental transcript. Right? please reply

I have to send ECE and Letter of evaluation to caapid? we dont need to send them toefl n nbde score n dental transcript. Right? please reply

Hey

Yes you only have to send them official ECE Report, Transcript Matching form and the Letters of Evaluation along with their respective matching forms. You dont have to send your dental school transcript, copy of degree NBDE and TOEFL score reports. All these are sent to the Dental school you apply to and not to CAAPID

hey,

please reply..
Can I suppose to select all the colleges before e-submitting the CAAPID application or I can add more colleges after 2-3 months?
thnx

Members don't see this ad :)
hey,

please reply..
Can I suppose to select all the colleges before e-submitting the CAAPID application or I can add more colleges after 2-3 months?
thnx

Of course you can add new schools whenever you want, before their deadlines and pay an extra 75$ for every additional program.

When you update a status (for example my recently taken nbde 2) in the CAAPID application...r schools notified through CAAPID or should i contact them regarding the update??

even I have the same question about my toefl? How can inform to my colleges?

When you update a status (for example my recently taken nbde 2) in the CAAPID application...r schools notified through CAAPID or should i contact them regarding the update??

even I have the same question about my toefl? How can inform to my colleges?
it is done electronically.. your info is sent to the electronic account of dental schools valid in caapid..when you update score, its automatically updates in schools database..

Hey i have a query .. I sent my caapid application on 3rd of this month. And my lor's got updated on 11th ..and ece on 14th .. After that they havent changed a single thing on the application .. I mean i check everyday for some update in the "program destinations" section , to see the mailing date.. but they are not mailing it .. i dont know why ... and my supplemental applications must be reaching the schools already coz i posted few around 10 days ago ... so anyone has any idea , after how many days of updating my lors and ece , do they post it ??? i mean i am worried now .. i mailed them ..they replied a very short reply which didnt help at all ..they said " Please allow CAAPID 10 business day to process your application after all your
documents have been received." .. i think its over 10 days now .. any one can help , or just give me some positive motivation on this...
it is done electronically.. your info is sent to the electronic account of dental schools valid in caapid..when you update score, its automatically updates in schools database..

Hey i have a query .. I sent my caapid application on 3rd of this month. And my lor's got updated on 11th ..and ece on 14th .. After that they havent changed a single thing on the application .. I mean i check everyday for some update in the "program destinations" section , to see the mailing date.. but they are not mailing it .. i dont know why ... and my supplemental applications must be reaching the schools already coz i posted few around 10 days ago ... so anyone has any idea , after how many days of updating my lors and ece , do they post it ??? i mean i am worried now .. i mailed them ..they replied a very short reply which didnt help at all ..they said " Please allow CAAPID 10 business day to process your application after all your
documents have been received." .. i think its over 10 days now .. any one can help , or just give me some positive motivation on this...
they update school list on every thursday... check out out dayafter....

CAAPID is just so so frustrating, i mailed my documents, more than 1 week back it was delivered and they still say they have not recieved it...and after recieving it will take 5 to 7 business days to post it..and another 10 business days to send to school...is this whole system for helping us or for making sure that we are either gaining more frustration or just countig every day with absolutely no answer to our questions...i am just so tired of all this...

too much

CAAPID is just so so frustrating, i mailed my documents, more than 1 week back it was delivered and they still say they have not recieved it...and after recieving it will take 5 to 7 business days to post it..and another 10 business days to send to school...is this whole system for helping us or for making sure that we are either gaining more frustration or just countig every day with absolutely no answer to our questions...i am just so tired of all this...

too much

On the same boat!Actually am having palpitations if CAAPID will send the documents in time for CA school deadlines.:xf:

Just wanted to know the timeline as to how CAAPID is doing things at present.......

Documents sent by overnight mail on Jul 19.
Documents received by CAAPID on Jul 20.
LOR's updated on Jul 25.
ECE not updated as yet.

Can someone please pen their experience too? It will be helpful to everyone applying now.

ECE always takes a few days longer than the LOR's since they are different departments. If you don't get it by tomorrow then it would be done by Monday I think. But, it always depends on how many applicants are applying all at once since the deadline is near.

Thanks! When do you think CAAPID will mail the documents to designated programs? Your opinion.

Once they have your whole application updated (like ECE is left for you) then they will send it out in a few days or a week max, but not longer than that from my personal experience.

Thanks! Happy to update that my ECE was updated today -Jul 28 ( in the evening)

Hi Friends

Guess what am i into, after calling CAAPID since July 18th when the ECE was delivered to them,yest they tell me they do not have it and send it again.
I sent them yesterday evening hoping it gets there by tomorrow morning. I dont know will i meet CA deadlines...very very scared now.
Please share your experiences as to how many days they take to update your ECE and then how many days to send to schools.That help me count in terms of days...thanks all

Hi Friends

Guess what am i into, after calling CAAPID since July 18th when the ECE was delivered to them,yest they tell me they do not have it and send it again.
I sent them yesterday evening hoping it gets there by tomorrow morning. I dont know will i meet CA deadlines...very very scared now.
Please share your experiences as to how many days they take to update your ECE and then how many days to send to schools.That help me count in terms of days...thanks all

Hi,

I just posted my timeline above! Did you do everything according to their instructions? Sorry to hear about your experience but hope for the best!

where shd i mention about cerificates? in other relevant information or award/honour??

Hi everyone,
I'm a late applicant. just gave my nbde 1, 3 days ago. will be giving toefl in 2 weeks. mainly applying only to 4 universities.

I have the following doubts about CAAPID. I read through the whole thread, but still have theses doubts.

1. Does CAAPID accept copy/notarized copy of ece report?
(the idea is to save money. nothing else. anyway i'll call up caapid now n ask)
2. LOR matching form. I asked my professors to attach lor with matching form, and have them sealed. (read somewhere they need to be attached outside) will that make a difference?

Hi everyone,
I'm a late applicant. just gave my nbde 1, 3 days ago. will be giving toefl in 2 weeks. mainly applying only to 4 universities.

I have the following doubts about CAAPID. I read through the whole thread, but still have theses doubts.

1. Does CAAPID accept copy/notarized copy of ece report?
(the idea is to save money. nothing else. anyway i'll call up caapid now n ask)
2. LOR matching form. I asked my professors to attach lor with matching form, and have them sealed. (read somewhere they need to be attached outside) will that make a difference?

Yes CAAPID does accept notarised copies of ECE but I sent an original because I had it. Call CAAPID and confirm. It will not make any difference whether the LOR matching form is stapled outside to the sealed LOR or put in the envelope along with the LOR.

hey thanks for the prompt reply.

just called CAAPID..they said they need the original ECE report.
but i guess i read somewhere on SDN they take notarized copies too.
anyway i guess, better not to take a chance..will send them the sealed original one.

just copying from CAAPID website..

Keep the evaluation in the closed envelope and place the Transcript Matching Form along with evaluation in another envelope before mailing the document to ADEA CAAPID.

hope it helps others...

Hi,finally after releasing form hospital due to a severe flu I can now ask my questions!!

I asked ece to send a original copy of my transcripts to caapid.because I was at hospital I did not send matching form.according to their website this can cause a delay in my process.Does anybody know how much time I have to wait for receiving the response from caapid regarding my transcripts specially because I did not use a different name in my transcripts.I would appreciate

hi drhallow
dont worry bout the transcript matching form...i didnt send it and my application was complete.. just go ahead finish all the other paperwork.. it will take aroound 3 weeks for the transcripts to reach caapid and for it to be updated on thier system.

Hi friends my score of NBDE1 is 80, gpa 3.3, toefl 103, experience 1yr in home country, any hope???plz guide:confused:?

mine is nbde:85 toefl: 91 so farm but took a few days ago once again.

gpa:3.3 2 years experience in my home country and also published my thesis in international dentistry congress in 2008 :((