Caapid ccycle 2012

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
please I need some help

I have three letters of evaluations in sealed envelopes ... what I have to chose paper or electronic ?? and where can i find the matching form of each letter???

best regards,

Members don't see this ad.

How long does it take for them to update LOR'S ?

please I need some help

I have three letters of evaluations in sealed envelopes ... what I have to chose paper or electronic ?? and where can i find the matching form of each letter???

best regards,

you can find the matching form where you submit the letters. Once you submit the paper application, on the right side you will find it in the blue icon(not sure about icon color)

Members don't see this ad :)
you can find the matching form where you submit the letters. Once you submit the paper application, on the right side you will find it in the blue icon(not sure about icon color)

Thank you morphology

Hey i need help on this ASAP... coz i am gonna submit my caapid tomorrow...so just tell me in "professional experience" where do i put OBSERVERHIP ??? i dont know whether this question has been asked or not... but just reply for once ..thanks ...
Still stuck with caapid... :(

Hey i need help on this ASAP... coz i am gonna submit my caapid tomorrow...so just tell me in "professional experience" where do i put OBSERVERHIP ??? i dont know whether this question has been asked or not... but just reply for once ..thanks ...

I am not sure, but if I have to suggest, I'd say under "Other Work Experience"

Again, I am not sure. You can call CAAPID guys. They are pretty good. I had a similar question and they clarified it well.

plz reply friends..
1)what i suppose to write under NAME OF INSTITUTION?
I did my BDS from SGT Dental College under Maharishi Dayanand University. My college name i not in the list...

2) What I suppose to write years of my BDS?
I mean I have to include my internship also?

3) Externship is same as internship??????
friends reply soon.
thnx a lot

IQUOTE=dingash;11217966]I am not sure, but if I have to suggest, I'd say under "Other Work Experience"

Again, I am not sure. You can call CAAPID guys. They are pretty good. I had a similar question and they clarified it well.[/QUOTE]

plz reply friends..
1)what i suppose to write under name of institution?
I did my bds from sgt dental college under maharishi dayanand university. My college name i not in the list...
You can type your college's name. Just select ''not listed institute''.

2) what i suppose to write years of my bds?
I mean i have to include my internship also?

YES. Write the date when you received your bds certificate. Which is obviously awarded after completing internship.

3) externship is same as internship??????
Friends reply soon.
Thnx a lot

NO.an extern is usually part-time during the year or full-time for a designated period . Externs are often students at an earlier stage of their training program, and the externship activities are usually more supervised and involve less skilled activities or only certain activities of the profession compared to internships.

Interns are typically at or near the end of their training program. An internship is the "bridge" between the training program and professional life. The intern is supervised, but is expected to engage in the entire range of professional activities that are expected of a professional.

Iquote=dingash;11217966]i am not sure, but if i have to suggest, i'd say under "other work experience"

again, i am not sure. You can call caapid guys. They are pretty good. I had a similar question and they clarified it well.
[/quote]

Members don't see this ad :)
Can anyone help me plzz?

I wrote "Master of Dental Surgery" in that field.

This is what the instructions for that field indicates:

If “yes,” indicate professional license held:
  • State the name and/or type of the license.

What if i dont have a license? Is that the biggest mistake of my life???
in order to label yourself a "foreign trained / international dentist" you need a proof of it, which is a license, without which you cannot file an application because every school gives admission to foreign trained/ interrnational dentist...not to a graduated dental student.. hope that makes it clear the need to get licensed as a dentist, shows that you folllow the rules of profession in your country.

I just have my graduation certificate.

You can also get the registration from the State Dental Council. It doesn't have to be DCI. I have it from Himachal Pradesh.
It doesn't take too long. About 3-5 days in some states for fresh license.
Which state are you from?

READ THIS FROMA PART OF CAAPID INSTRUCTIONS TO FILL THE BACKGROUND INFO WHERE YOU GIVE LICENSE NUMBER.....

You are here:
ADEA Internet » Dental Education Pathways » Centralized Application for Advanced Placement for International Dentists (CAAPID) » Background Information
Background Information

You will not be able to revise this section after submitting your ADEA CAAPID application. Review your entries carefully before submitting.

The response you type will appear in your application exactly as you type it. Using all capital letters or not capitalizing properly does not present a professional image to your application.

Be sure to use the appropriate capitalization throughout the application. Your documents will print in the manner in which you type them online.
Are you licensed to practice dentistry or another profession?
Select "yes" if you hold a license to practice dentistry or any other profession in a country outside the U.S./Canada.
If "yes," indicate professional license held:

• State the name and/or type of the license.
If "yes," Date issued:

• Enter the month and four-digit year the license was issued.
If "yes," indicate State/Province where the license is held:

• Enter the state/province where the license is held.

If "yes," indicate Country where license is held:

• Enter the country where the license is held.

Leave blank if you indicate "No."****************************

i suggest you get it from state council ... i got it in one day after my graduation from punjab dental council... you just have to go there... register yourself...and as far as i remember you get the license number then only ... but the documents and id gets delivered later... but who cares about the documents..you just need to register yourself , you dont need documents to fill caapid.... go and register yourself..its just gonna need a day and registration fee... hope it helped.. and refrain yourself from saying "biggest mistake of life" ;) lol... still a long way to go..
I just have my graduation certificate.

i suggest you get it from state council ... i got it in one day after my graduation from punjab dental council... you just have to go there... register yourself...and as far as i remember you get the license number then only ... but the documents and id gets delivered later... but who cares about the documents..you just need to register yourself , you dont need documents to fill caapid.... go and register yourself..its just gonna need a day and registration fee... hope it helped.. and refrain yourself from saying "biggest mistake of life" ;) lol... still a long way to go..

Here is the list of state dental councils in India and their contact info:
http://www.dciindia.org/Dental_hygienists_pages/STATE DENTAL COUNCILS.pdf

Hi Friends

Can some one please tell me the following, I will really appreciate the help:

1. LOR's if submitted online/electronically, do not need any matching form. Is this right?

2. LOR's should be addressed to whom? Should they go out with just Dear Sir/Madam or anyone knows whom to address to?

3. Is it ok to have a ECE which is a few years old?
Is it necessary to attach a matching form if you are sending a notarised copy of ECE meaning matching form is absolutely necessary?

Thanks

1. LOR's if submitted online/electronically, do not need any matching form. Is this right?
If paper LOR then you need LOR matching form.

2. LOR's should be addressed to whom? Should they go out with just Dear Sir/Madam or anyone knows whom to address to?
it says TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN...........no sir/ madam

yes.. only after 10 years ECE deletes your records.. within ten years you are all good... schools dnt have any age -limit of ECE. your gpa remains the same.

Is it necessary to attach a matching form if you are sending a notarised copy of ECE meaning matching form is absolutely necessary?
yes it is mandatory absolutely.

I am very tensed and restless as my CAAPID is not yet done !!!! its too late, i know but still stuck...
1)I need some clarifications between the "Practice of Dentistry" and "Other Work Experience" becuase the instructions given against each section are just the same, so do i need to break down the experiences i had OR do i have to enter the same info for both,whch sounds quite weird.

2)License no is the Registration number printed in the Certificate of Registration as Dentist, Dental council, rt?

plz help me, am so lost !

If paper LOR then you need LOR matching form.

it says TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN...........no sir/ madam

yes.. only after 10 years ECE deletes your records.. within ten years you are all good... schools dnt have any age -limit of ECE. your gpa remains the same.

yes it is mandatory absolutely.

Thanks a lot for the answers, so i found the matching form next to the transcript in the colleges attended section. Guess we have to fill it out and print it.

so guys how many of you are done with your applications????

hi, toothfairy, u r very active & knowledgeable as well. I hope u can help me. I am very tensed and restless as my CAAPID is not yet done !!!! its too late, i know but still stuck...

1)I need some clarifications between the "Practice of Dentistry" and "Other Work Experience" becuase the instructions given against each section are just the same, so do i need to break down the experiences i had OR do i have to enter the same info for both,whch sounds quite weird.

2)License no is the Registration number printed in the Certificate of Registration as Dentist, Dental council, rt?

3)I didn do any externship,so is it ok to leave it blank?
Plz let me knw. I ld really appreciate.

other work experience relates to your work experience other than dentistry, like if you did some other job .... if you dnt have anyhting to write, leave it blank.. just dnt fill it for the sake of it, wont appeal good

yes

yes, like i said, just dont write for the sake of it, application should reflect your professional and mature attitude

other work experience relates to your work experience other than dentistry, like if you did some other job .... if you dnt have anyhting to write, leave it blank.. just dnt fill it for the sake of it, wont appeal good

yes

yes, like i said, just dont write for the sake of it, application should reflect your professional and mature attitude
Thank you so much for the quick response. Even i interpreted that by "other work experience" means some other job which isn't related to dentistry but wen i looked up the instruction given against it in the caapid its clearly stated that its work experience, background etc i have in dentistry. so its quite confusing... But i really appreciate yr help... Btw have u startd preparin for bench test ?

Thank you so much for the quick response. Even i interpreted that by "other work experience" means some other job which isn't related to dentistry but wen i looked up the instruction given against it in the caapid its clearly stated that its work experience, background etc i have in dentistry. so its quite confusing... But i really appreciate yr help... Btw have u startd preparin for bench test ?

you can put up dental assistant work in here.. thats the only thing i put up...bench test prep is only practice..trying to catch up some of it..

you can put up dental assistant work in here.. thats the only thing i put up...bench test prep is only practice..trying to catch up some of it..

Thanx for d info... did u ask for any brochure fr schools for instructions on tooth preparation for the bench test?

TO BE SENT DOCUMENTS ARE
1.SEALED ECE
course by course WITH TRANSCRIPT MATCHING FORM
2. EACH SEALED LOR attached WITH ITS SPECIFIC LOR MATCHING FORM i.e total of 3 matching forms for 3 LORs

NO TOEFL/NBDE SCORE REPORTS ARE REQUIRED, JUST FILL IN YOUR SCORE MANUALLY, SCHOOLS WILL ASK REPORTS DIRECTLY FROM YOU

hi,
Can u plz clarify me abt the transcript matching form? ECE had already sent my report to CAAPID, so can i send the trans matching form to CAAPID by myself?
anothr doubt is in the form its printed "print the form and submit it to your school s registrar" does tht mean we need to send to our school?
I'ld appreciate yr help.
-thanks

Where do you fill the registration no.? In background info there is only M/Y of issue, state and country info to be filled...Am i missing something?

yes

Hi Friends

Is the SOP in CAAPID going in Capital letters?? I guess as every page says it but just feels weird...just want to make sure everyone is doing it for SOP too...
thanku all

Hi Friends

Is the SOP in CAAPID going in Capital letters?? I guess as every page says it but just feels weird...just want to make sure everyone is doing it for SOP too...
thanku all

No, its not in all Capital letters. Just capitalize wherever its needed.

From CAAPID instructions:
"The response you type will appear in your application exactly as you type it. Using all capital letters or not capitalizing properly does not present a professional image to your application"

I need some clarification. In LOR upload, explainantion says that chek individual uni requirment. so does it mean i have to send more then 3 latters to cappid. and while selcting uni, cappid give any option we can send perticular 3 LOR to perticular uni? for example if UCSF need dean, faculty and employer latter and UOP need dean faculty and anyother. so can i have option so i can send different uni different LOR..... :confused:

I need some clarification. In LOR upload, explainantion says that chek individual uni requirment. so does it mean i have to send more then 3 latters to cappid. and while selcting uni, cappid give any option we can send perticular 3 LOR to perticular uni? for example if UCSF need dean, faculty and employer latter and UOP need dean faculty and anyother. so can i have option so i can send different uni different LOR..... :confused:

Unfortunately no... the 3 lors you submit to caapid, will be sent to every school you select accepting caapid application.. but still caapid wants you to chk every univ requirement if the school needs additional lors from you directly as a prat of supplemental application.... Ucsf , needs directly from you, so you have to send 3-5 LORs in supplemental documents, one should be dean, faculty, dentist ets.. its your wish you want to send the same as caapid or diff... Obviously dean's lor would be the same.. rest your choice.

No, You can upload only 3. And if a univ requires 4th one (like Univ of Pittsburgh) or a kind that you have not uploaded in those 3 (like from a Dentist coworker) -- in this case you send that particular LOR to the univ direclty along with other supplemental documents.

What I suggest is to upload - (1 dean, 1 prof, 1 prof) -- as this is the most common acceptable set amongst most of the univs. Whichever univ needs that weird one (or 4th one)...like from a dentist, employer or whatever, just send them that one additionally.

Hope this helps!

No, You can upload only 3. And if a univ requires 4th one (like Univ of Pittsburgh) or a kind that you have not uploaded in those 3 (like from a Dentist coworker) -- in this case you send that particular LOR to the univ direclty along with other supplemental documents.

What I suggest is to upload - (1 dean, 1 prof, 1 prof) -- as this is the most common acceptable set amongst most of the univs. Whichever univ needs that weird one (or 4th one)...like from a dentist, employer or whatever, just send them that one additionally.

Hope this helps!

Thank u so much. One more question. At the end of LOR information page... which one i suppose to click and waht it means???
I waive my right of access to this evaluation. I understand that I will not be permitted to access this evaluation.
I do not waive my right of access to this evaluation.

Thank u so much. One more question. At the end of LOR information page... which one i suppose to click and waht it means???
I waive my right of access to this evaluation. I understand that I will not be permitted to access this evaluation.
I do not waive my right of access to this evaluation.

You can click any one of those options. Your choice.
It means:
1. If you select "waive my right" - You will not be given access to what you references have written about you.
2. If you select "do not waive" - You will be given access to it.

The Family Education Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 (FERPA) provides applicants the right to access letters of evaluation written after January 1, 1975, unless they choose to waive their right of inspection and review.

I picked "Waive my right"

Can i send notorized copy of ECE? Does it make any difference weather i send original or notorized copy?

You can click any one of those options. Your choice.
It means:
1. If you select "waive my right" - You will not be given access to what you references have written about you.
2. If you select "do not waive" - You will be given access to it.

The Family Education Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 (FERPA) provides applicants the right to access letters of evaluation written after January 1, 1975, unless they choose to waive their right of inspection and review.

I picked "Waive my right"

Thanks.. My reccos dated july 2009... someone told me it shld nt be old more then 6 month. is it truth??

Thanks.. My reccos dated july 2009... someone told me it shld nt be old more then 6 month. is it truth??

CAAPID has no "time related' requirement for LORs, but they are eventually sent to universities which may have such requirements. You have to check the web page of each univ where you are applying it they accept your LORS.

Personally I haven't seen any univ asking for letters less than 12 months (ex: San Antonio -non CAAPID univ). There are some asking them to be within couple yrs as well. But again check each univs requirement. CAAPID is just a central pool for your documents.
UOP asks for letters dated between January 2010 and present.

July 2009 may be a little old for some.