California Northstate College of Pharmacy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
did you email contain your name? the letter looks generic?

Yeah. The letter was generic. Does anyone remember when the soonest date will be for the school to be accredited? I remember the Dean stating that representatives from ACPE and WASC are supposed to come to the campus in March.

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah. The letter was generic. Does anyone remember when the soonest date will be for the school to be accredited? I remember the Dean stating that representatives from ACPE and WASC are supposed to come to the campus in March.

they said accredidation will occur when the 1st graduating class passes their board

Just got an acceptance email:) Anyone else from January 26th get in?

I also got an acceptance email today and I interviewed on Jan 26 :), Kinda fast considering they said it would take about 3-4 weeks and its only been 2 weeks

What group were you in? I was in Orange.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I also got an acceptance email today and I interviewed on Jan 26 :), Kinda fast considering they said it would take about 3-4 weeks and its only been 2 weeks

Congrats! That's great news! What are your stats if you don't mind me asking?

has anyone else that was wait listed been accepted?

I'm on the waitlist but haven't submitted my academic update yet... I hope that's whats keepin them from sendin me one of those emails :/

My Interview was Jan 26. I received an email yesterday informing me that I was wait listed. :( I guess it's better than being denied. Does anybody know how many people the Adcom accepted and/or waitlisted per interview date?

I was in the orange group too!:) Maybe it's something about that color that brings positive results

they are also pulling from the waitlist from candidates who interviewed earlier.....we interviewed in september and was waitlisted now my friend is now getting an acceptance email so dont worry everything will work out!

Last edited:
I'm on the waitlist but haven't submitted my academic update yet... I hope that's whats keepin them from sendin me one of those emails :/

dont delay on sending your academic update to pharmcas......because if you dont you could face the possibility of rejection all together the deadline is Feb 15. just update and send in your transcriptas soon as you can, i updated mine and e-submited it but i havent had my transcript sent out yet....... as long as you e-submit it before the deadline you should be fine!

dont delay on sending your academic update to pharmcas......because if you dont you could face the possibility of rejection all together the deadline is Feb 15. just update and send in your transcriptas soon as you can, i updated mine and e-submited it but i havent had my transcript sent out yet....... as long as you e-submit it before the deadline you should be fine!
Yea I submitted my transcript weeks ago Pharmcas has already received it. I just didn't esubmit my au because I wasn't sure which classes I would still need. Took care of all of it, hopefully things work out. Did ur friend who was waitlisted submit the au and updated transcript before receiving the acceptance email?

Members don't see this ad :)
Yea I submitted my transcript weeks ago Pharmcas has already received it. I just didn't esubmit my au because I wasn't sure which classes I would still need. Took care of all of it, hopefully things work out. Did ur friend who was waitlisted submit the au and updated transcript before receiving the acceptance email?

No she got accepted, before submitting her au

My Interview was Jan 26. I received an email yesterday informing me that I was wait listed. :( I guess it's better than being denied. Does anybody know how many people the Adcom accepted and/or waitlisted per interview date?

no but im sure the number is tricky per interview date.....honestly they made it seem like the majority of first interviewing candidates will be accepted but at this point who knows, if i remember correctly they will be accepting ~107 candidates

same here.. I did the math and determined that they have about 6 or 7 interview dates, and interview about 70 people each time. on pharmcas it says they accepted 169 for last years class so that's like 24 to 28 people accepted each interview date.. I'm not entirely sure if that number includes waitlisted or not

to answer those who are contemplating on whether or not they should or shouldn't submit their supplemental... DO IT! i just received an interview intive =]

to answer those who are contemplating on whether or not they should or shouldn't submit their supplemental... DO IT! i just received an interview intive =]

CNCP received my supplemental app and payment a few days ago. How long should I expect before they invite me for an interview? Or not..

Hi,

This is my first time on this website and I thought it maybe be helpful to find out more information about the school. I have an interview on the 24th and was hoping to maybe get some tips about the interview and how to prepare. Does anyone have good advice that they learned from their interview or any hard questions that I should prepare? Is anyone else interviewing on the 24th?

Hi,

This is my first time on this website and I thought it maybe be helpful to find out more information about the school. I have an interview on the 24th and was hoping to maybe get some tips about the interview and how to prepare. Does anyone have good advice that they learned from their interview or any hard questions that I should prepare? Is anyone else interviewing on the 24th?
I have interview on 24th too. We may be in the same team for the exercise ! lolz

Hi,

student interview is WAY harder than the faculty interview so just be prepared for it, lots of situational questions.

Hi,

you interview with staff and/or faculty or student. i heard the student interviewrs are hard and very intimidating......i had staff and faculty. the interview is later after you do the tbl exercise, which is actually better because its more of an ice breaker. No such thing as hard questions honestly confidence & experience will make your interview go smoothly.

Last edited:
student interview is WAY harder than the faculty interview so just be prepared for it, lots of situational questions.
seriously?? I've only had good experiences so far with interviews.... now im nervous!!! =[

I had an interview with faculty then with staff. Faculty was ALL situational questions, and then staff was the typical questions where they just want to get to know you.

Goodluck :)

seriously?? I've only had good experiences so far with interviews.... now im nervous!!! =[

don't be nervous, even though they are harder questions that will actually make you think for a bit, they are super friendly and try the best to make you feel comfortable..

Does anybody know the safe/good areas near or around the school to rent apartments?

Hiii, I just signed up for this forum... I also have an interview on the 24th i'm flying in early in the morning. What kind of situational questions do they ask? what do you guys mean by that?

same here.. I did the math and determined that they have about 6 or 7 interview dates, and interview about 70 people each time. on pharmcas it says they accepted 169 for last years class so that's like 24 to 28 people accepted each interview date.. I'm not entirely sure if that number includes waitlisted or not

I think the 169 for last year's class included the waitlisted candidates if the class size had about 105 students. I do not think that the Adcom accepted over the class size capacity.

I wonder how many students are wait listed so far. I just hope I have a chance at being admitted.

I think the 169 for last year's class included the waitlisted candidates if the class size had about 105 students. I do not think that the Adcom accepted over the class size capacity.

I wonder how many students are wait listed so far. I just hope I have a chance at being admitted.

I bet they go through the waitlist pretty fast once interviews stop.. I imagine Northstate is a backup school for many who just want to stay in CA

Hey! I have an interview on the 24th this FRIDAY yikes!

Was wondering if anyone had any tips on what the interviewers will ask? I believe last year they were asking random questions (ex. What would you say if you had 10mins on national TV, etc.). Any tips will help!!!

Thanks~ :laugh::luck::laugh::xf:

Good luck to everyone. I am on the W/L for Jan interview. Just a heads up ask about the loans since that might be of some concern for most people. You have to pay interest while going to school, and the school isn't cheap either.

Hiii, I just signed up for this forum... I also have an interview on the 24th i'm flying in early in the morning. What kind of situational questions do they ask? what do you guys mean by that?

meaning that they will ask you a lot of "what if " and " what would you do" questions

when did you interview.....they are pulling off the waitlist slowly but surely:thumbup:

going to give up my spot to go to a school closer to home
hope someone on the waiting list gets the spot :)

How many days after you submitted your supplemental did you receive an interview invite?

Hi guys,
To those who have had an interview, how many interview is there total? One 1-on-1 with staff and one 1-on-1 with student? Also, what is the topic for the short essay portion? Can you guy gives a quick summary of the day as well as how the interview goes. Any tips are greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Hi guys,
To those who have had an interview, how many interview is there total? One 1-on-1 with staff and one 1-on-1 with student? Also, what is the topic for the short essay portion? Can you guy gives a quick summary of the day as well as how the interview goes. Any tips are greatly appreciated. Thanks!

all interview information is posted on student doctor in Interview feedback section, with example questions and whatnot... also what's the motivation for us to tell you the topic of the essay question.. everyone should have to go in the interview and answer the question with out preparing beforehand otherwise you have an unfair advantage.. I will tell you this, it does require a lot of BS..

all interview information is posted on student doctor in Interview feedback section, with example questions and whatnot... also what's the motivation for us to tell you the topic of the essay question.. everyone should have to go in the interview and answer the question with out preparing beforehand otherwise you have an unfair advantage.. I will tell you this, it does require a lot of BS..
Lol tru words... I wud like to b helpful but also feel I'd be cheating myself since I was one of the first interviewed and didn't hav the chance to ask about how to be "better" prepared. Nonetheless, I wish everyone goodluck... Best advice I received was "be yourself" :)

Lol tru words... I wud like to b helpful but also feel I'd be cheating myself since I was one of the first interviewed and didn't hav the chance to ask about how to be "better" prepared. Nonetheless, I wish everyone goodluck... Best advice I received was "be yourself" :)

can u at least tel us if there wa just one interview or two? not too clear on the interview feedback . Thanks =D

^there are 2 separate interviews, each with either a faculty or a student.

has anyone placed on waitlist from the 1/26 interview been accepted? what number of interview was the 1/26 for california northstate? and how many altogether are they gonna have?

when did you interview.....they are pulling off the waitlist slowly but surely:thumbup:

Also, what is the topic for the short essay portion?

I don't know. That is for you to find out the day of the interview. ;)
The topic for your short essay portion will probably be different from the previous interviews.

has anyone placed on waitlist from the 1/26 interview been accepted? what number of interview was the 1/26 for california northstate? and how many altogether are they gonna have?

I haven't. I don't think anyone from the 1/26 interview has been removed from the wait list. The AdCom will probably remove those who interviewed from the earlier dates first.

If I remembered correctly, there were about ~70 interviewees at the 1/26 interview. What do you mean by "how many altogether..."? Do you mean how many people are they going to interview in total? According to PharmCas' school info, last year the school interviewed ~450 people. I would think this year the school will interview around 450 people.